Propose a Design Forum Topic

meetings
design-forum
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fbad2c314e8> #<Tag:0x00007fbad2c312e0>

(Dominic Surrao) #43

Hi @jthomas,

I’d like to propose this design call:

  1. Title. How do we define an “active” order as a search parameter for the Order service?
  2. Description. We propose adding a new service method to allow searching for orders across multiple criteria, like “includeInactive”. How do we define an active order and what is the best way to implement search based on it? Related ticket: https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/TRUNK-5424
  3. Required attendee(s). @mogoodrich, @darius, @burke
  4. Desired timing. September 12th or 17th

Thanks, Dominic


Design time for How do we define an “active” order as a search parameter for the Order service?
Design Form 2018-09-17: How to defined an "active" order as a search parameter for Order Service
(Gregory Schmidt) #44

Hi,

Title: EHR UX Re-Design. Concept Demo.

Description: At AMPATH we are in the process of creating a concept re-design of our EHR user interface.

This will help provide a common framework and goal to move towards as we build new features.

The EHR is growing from the needs of outpatient HIV care, to serve multiple clinic types. An all purpose EHR design is needed.

Users have expressed the need for something that is very easy to use. It has to run on tablet, Chromebook, and phone. It has to be able to separate data and workflows by system (eg HIV, Diabetes), while at the same time be able to seamlessly provide care to patients with multiple issues at once. As an internist I am particularly interested in the ability to multitask and view high density patient data while concurrently writing orders & notes. The interface has to easily scale with minimal configuration as new clinic types and workflows are added.

Goal: We are looking for feedback from the community on the mockups, so that we can continue to improve them before building an interactive prototype.

Required attendee(s): All interested. if available: @burke @mseaton darius

Desired timing: Is there a time slot between Sept 26 - Oct 3rd?

cc: jthomas, jdick Thank you


Design Time for EHR UX Re-Design - Concept Demo
(Samuel Male) #45

Title : Improving on Memory Management in the mergepatientdata module.

Description : I feel we have a lot of memory leaks on how the mergepatientdata module manages data. I’m looking towards the best way we could implement streaming of data since this module handles lots of Patient and their metadata. Maybe we could also raise ideas of solving Overriding default multipart file size in Openmrs module dev. This could help to solve/prevent outOfMemory issues.

Required Attendees: @dkayiwa, @ssmusoke , @darius

Desired dates: I beg for a slot between Sept 17 - 26 !

cc: @jthomas


Design time for Improving on Memory Management in the mergepatientdata module
Design time for Improving on Memory Management in the mergepatientdata module
(Burke Mamlin) split this topic #46

A post was merged into an existing topic: Design Time for EHR UX Re-Design - Concept Demo


(Krzysztof Kaczmarczyk) #47
  1. Title. Review and discuss object mappings mentioned in Sync 2.0 FHIR Object Mapping.

  2. Description. Go through the draft proposals for FHIR object mappings for Sync available as child pages under: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/FHIR+Resource+List+for+Sync. Review mappings and gather technical feedback. Discuss usage of FHIR extensions.

  3. Required attendee(s). @darius @dkayiwa @wyclif @burke @mseaton @SolDevelo

  4. Desired timing. Next available slot. (The sooner the better)


Design time for Review and discuss object mappings mentioned in Sync 2.0 FHIR Object Mapping
Sync 2.0 FHIR Object Mapping
Tracking Sync 2.0 work
(Burke Mamlin) #48

Resolving design inconsistencies in Cohort Membership (TRUNK-5379)

There are various design inconsistencies in the CohortMembership model that need resolution as described in TRUNK-5379. We will use time in the design forum to walk through these inconsistencies and aim, by the end of the call, to create or identify ready-for-work tickets to resolve them.

Required attendees: @mogoodrich, @burke, @wyclif and/or @dkayiwa, @darius. All others interested are welcome!

Desired timing: Within the next few weeks. Maybe favor a Wednesday forum, leaving Mondays available for topics w/ more required attendees in Africa/Asia timezones… but doesn’t really matter.


Design time for Resolving design inconsistencies in Cohort Membership (TRUNK-5379)
(Burke Mamlin) #49

We need a design call to help @reubenv with the RefApp 2.9 release in order to help him with RefApp 2.9 issue tracking.

  1. Title: Helping unblock Reference Application 2.9 release

  2. Description: The issue tracking page has been carried forward for several releases and has gotten outdated (e.g., module ownership). Reuban (release manager) does not have the information he needs to decide on which modules to prioritize for RefApp 2.9 or who the correct contact for getting modules released. Darius & Burke did an initial pass at cleaning up the ownership information. We need to gather a group of seasoned developers to help decide on what can be feasibly done to get RefApp 2.9 released soon. The goal of this meeting is to provide @reubenv with a clear path forward for module changes to include with RefApp 2.9 .

  3. Required attendee(s): @reubenv, @burke, @darius, @dkayiwa. Would like to have @mogoodrich and/or @mseaton, @ssmusoke, and any module owners or prospective module owners who can join.

  4. Desired timing: Next available time slot where we can get a quorum.


Design Time to Unblock Reference Application 2.9 Release
(Burke Mamlin) #50
  1. Title: Updating OpenMRS Radar data (https://om.rs/radar)

  2. Description: We have not updated the OpenMRS Radar in 2018. We could use a design call to review & update the radar data. Any developers or technical implementers with experience & opinions about the message our community should be sending regarding the adoption or retirement of programming languages, modules/distributions, platforms, or standards/conventions are encouraged to join.

  3. Required attendee(s): We need to have at least 4-5 devs present to be productive. The more, the merrier. I’d suggest we use the scheduling post first to determine interest and then can do a Doodle poll.

  4. Desired timing: In November 2018


Design Time for Updating OpenMRS Radar data
(Brandon Istenes) #52
  1. Title. Architecture proposal: Modules and Verticals
  2. Description. I’ve drafted a proposal for OpenMRS architecture, about which there is an ongoing talk thread. I advocate defining a single, universal configuration mechanism. This will encourage better software practices, make OpenMRS easier to use, and strengthen the community’s ability to support it.I’m soliciting community feedback so that it can evolve to be something with enough force and buy-in behind it to make it happen.
  3. Required attendee(s). All interested. Would be good to have the folks from the talk thread, @mksd, @mogoodrich, @dkayiwa, @mseaton . Also @burke and @darius if available.
  4. Desired timing. Next available slot.

Design Time for Architecture proposal: Modules and Verticals
An OpenMRS distribution
(Cynthia Antwi) #53

on Febuary 18 2019 @najme will be presenting her work on "An OpenMRS Distribution focusing on Cystic Fibrosis, of which discussions have been going on here: An OpenMRS distribution

She will share more details on the presentation in the coming days.


(Najme Meimani) #54

Hi

I’d like to propose this design call:

Title: An OpenMRS Distribution focusing on Cystic Fibrosis

Description : We are a team (the Representative of Iran Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Association) with high creative performance, working on clinical data of patients with cystic fibrosis (CF) professionally. Our focus is on design a platform (CF package) for patients and providers to help them and improve the quality of life of this group of patients. CF package includes some main parts such as professional registry; monitor and follow-up of patients; correlative analysis on image, sequencing (NGS), transcriptomics, proteomics, and fluxomics; predictive analysis based on correlative analysis via machine learning, expert systems, and intelligence artificial algorithms. Any developers or technical implementers with experience and opinions regarding the adoption or retirement of programming languages, modules/distributions, platforms, or standards/conventions are encouraged to join.

Goal: We are looking for feedback from the community on our project, so that we can continue to improve it before building an interactive prototype.

Required attendee(s) : All interested. if available: @darius, @c.antwi, @jthomas, @mksd, @mogoodrich, @mseaton, @ssmusoke, @burke, @dkayiwa

Desired timing: February 18, 2019

Thanks, Najme


Design time for an OpenMRS Distribution focusing on Cystic Fibrosis
(Burke Mamlin) split this topic #55

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Design time for an OpenMRS Distribution focusing on Cystic Fibrosis


(Gregory Schmidt) #57

Title: OpenMRS Strawman UX Mockups

Description: Building on the conversation started by Burke, this Design Forum will review a set of UX mockups with the purpose of using them as a strawman to start a discussion in understanding how they do / and do not fit the needs of implementors who are interested in working together on a first version of a shared OpenMRS UX application.

These mockups build on the work @jteich and @tgreensweig have collaborated with in understanding modularity and how to design a flexible EHR system. The mockups present a lightweight flexible application paired with a powerful and highly customizable workflow builder that drives much of the UX.

Requested attendee(s): @mogoodrich @mseaton @jdick @ssmusoke @chris @burke @mksd @dkayiwa @k.joseph @darius @c.antwi @terry @janflowers @paul @jennifer @bistenes @atlcto @angshuonline @akanter

Desired timing: next available


Design time for OpenMRS Strawman UX Mockups
(Burke Mamlin) split this topic #58

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Design time for OpenMRS Strawman UX Mockups


(Nathan Ruhanga) #59

I’d like to propose a topic for Wednesday next week.

  1. Topic: Improve performance of Platform
  2. Description: The release process of Platform 2.3.0 is already under way and there is a desire to improve platform performance as it grows. There are no tasks yet to address this as can be seen on Platform 2.3.0 Roadmap, feature number 8. This design forum will help create tasks for improving platform performance so that work by the devs towards achieving this can commence.
  3. Desired Attendees: @ssmusoke, @burke, @mksd, @dkayiwa, @mogoodrich, @k.joseph, @mseaton, @darius, @c.antwi, @jennifer
  4. Desired Timing: 6:00 PM UTC on Wednesday 17 April

(Burke Mamlin) #60
  1. Title. Modular Frontend Architecture for OpenMRS

  2. Description. What if we had a lightweight modular web framework allowing components or even full apps to run as a single page application? What if you could combine your implementation’s bespoke or Bahmni front end with a module from another organization or country? At OMRS18, we dreamed of many How might we…? scenarios including finding a path to a common application framework. An amazing future for OpenMRS proposed a pragmatic approach of having multiple organizations collaborate on a shared frontend to solve a real world need. Exploration of that proposal led us to micro frontends and to single-spa. @joeldenning, founder of single-spa and an expert on frontend technologies, will present a set of proposals for technical features of a modular frontend architecture.

  3. Attendee(s). @joeldenning, @dkayiwa, technical leaders of implementations/organizations eager for greater collaboration on web applications – e.g., AMPATH technical leadership (fyi @jdick), PIH technical leadership (fyi @mseaton), Jembi technical leadership (fyi @chris) – fyi: we plan to record and post to YouTube for anyone who cannot join

  4. Desired timing. We plan to hold this on Monday, 29 April (4-5p UTC design forum)


An amazing future for OpenMRS
(Joel Denning) #61

Hi everyone :wave:, I’ll be presenting at this one – excited to meet everyone and to collaborate with you.


(Dimitri R) #62

@jesplana @lilian, I think we should attend this one. ↑