Propose a Design Forum Topic

cc : @jennifer

1 Like

Title: How to: organize an OpenMRS Outreach Guide This design call is to explore the best way to organize an outreach to sensitize the targeted community about OpenMRS. An Outreach is a predetermined visit executed by a member or members of OpenMRS focused on interesting the intended audience into contributing in different ways to OpenMRS . We will explore:

1. Who should organize or get involved in an outreach.
  2. What components ( e.g. information, other material) should be shared in an outreach.
  3. How should an outreach be conducted?
  4. When or how often should these outreaches be organized?

@jennifer @jwnasambu @gracebish @dkayiwa @ssmusoke

Day: Monday 18th May, 2020 Time: 9:30pm IST | 7pm Nairobi | 6pm Cape Town | 4pm UTC | 12pm Boston | 10am Seattle*

1 Like

We need to find a time to continue the discussion about OCL interoperability that @ball kicked off a few days ago.

Title: OCL Interoperability with OpenMRS Production Deployments

Description: We need a common understanding and high level approach for OCL and OpenMRS interoperability beyond the subscription module. There’s good progress toward MVP of OCL for OpenMRS, but for PIH and deploying/updating production systems, this must include this full “happy path” from OCL -> Code -> OpenMRS Implementations. Is it possible to support Initializer (‘Iniz’) compatible csv format? Is this a good approach?

Attendees: @ball @paynejd @raff @akanter @mogoodrich @mseaton @burke @dkayiwa @mksd @ssmusoke @bistenes @grace @michaelbontyes @karuhanga @jdick

Desired Timing: Please use this poll to indicate your preferred date/time:

• Monday, July 6 at 7pm EAT | 4pm UTC | 12pm Boston | 9am Seattle
  • Wednesday, July 8 at 5pm EAT | pm Cape Town | 2pm UTC | 10am Boston | 7am Seattle
  • Wednesday, July 8 at 9pm EAT | 6pm UTC | 2pm Boston | 11am Seattle

0 voters

1 Like

Doesn’t the Wed at 10am Boston time conflict with the OCL call itself?

I could possibly do the Monday time but would have to move two meetings…

Out of curiosity, can’t we get 15/20 min of the OCL call itself to discuss this, or do people think that we need more time right away?

Maybe a full one-hour design forum could come next. Just an idea.

@mksd that was original suggestionl, but I think the feeling of others was that they didn’t want to try to cram too much into the OCL call. I still think it would make sense to discuss as part of the OCL call, but I’m happy either way, as long as the right people are in attendance.

Condition List UI

The Condition List UI in core apps has been 90% ready-to-go for awhile now, and we’d like to get it over the finish line. However, that 10% that isn’t complete could potentially lead to a rabbit hole and lead to a lot of rework.

Can we have a design call to resolve these issues?

In particular, see the Talk thread here:

Attendees (just some suggestions, all welcome!)

@ball @burke @mksd @jteich @jdick

Take care, Mark

2 Likes

@mogoodrich sure we need to discuss this, especially that conditions can now link to encounters.

@mksd thanks… @burke had a very helpful post here Condition List Implementation that I think clarifies things a lot for me… still worth a design discussion though…

1 Like

We need to find a design time to continue the discussion on Bahmni + OpenMRS PLIR architectural design.

Title : Bahmni + OpenMRS PLIR Architectural Design

Description : @moshon presented a proposed architectural design for Bahmni’s PLIR (patient level indicator reporting) solution and much of it aligns with OpenMRS PLIR discussions, with one exception. @mozzy has started looking into the OpenMRS and Bahmni atomfeed modules, and debezium. At this design forum, we’ll discuss what he discovered - pros and cons - get additional input, and discuss what approach we’ll take.

Attendees: @ibacher @burke @mksd @ruhanga @grace @moshon @ekanyangonda @sgathu @mozzy @wanyee @jayasanka @ayesh @suruchi @dkayiwa @bashir @jdick @akimaina @k.joseph @ssmusoke

Desired Timing: Please use this poll to indicate your preferred date/time:

• Wed, Sept 16 at 8pm EAT | 5pm UTC | 1pm Boston | 10am Seattle
  • Wed, Sept 16 at 9pm EAT | 6pm UTC | 2pm Boston | 11am Seattle
  • Thurs, Sept 17 at 5pm Nairobi | 2pm UTC | 9am Boston | 6am Seattle
  • Thurs, Sept 17 at 5pm Nairobi | 2pm UTC | 10am Boston | 7am Seattle
  • Mon, Sept 21 at 7pm Nairobi | 4pm UTC | 12pm Boston | 9am Seattle

0 voters

Wow @mozzy awesome that you’re looking into this. Very interested to learn from your findings :slight_smile:

1 Like