Google Sumer of Code 2018 has come to an end, and it’s been an exciting, busy and rewarding time, with some great outcomes from the students and mentors who worked tirelessly during the three month coding period.
A big thank you to all the students and mentors that participated in GSoC 2018! Your time, efforts and contributions have gone a long way towards strengthening OpenMRS and the impact it has on the ground, as well as growing the global community’s footprint and capacity for effecting positive change. We hope to see GSoC students take the opportunity to continue contributing their talents and engaging with the OpenMRS community, and consider joining us again for GSoC 2019 to mentor the next round of students.
OpenMRS has participated in GSoC since 2007, and this year saw an array of exciting projects being worked on by some impressive student talent spread across three continents. This included improvements to the OpenMRS platform, development of new OpenMRS modules and enhancements to existing modules, as well as contributions to mobile apps and OpenMRS distributions. Of the twelve students that were accepted to the program, ten successfully completed and passed the final evaluation. The full set of project results can be viewed on the GSoC site, and you can find out more about the program and projects on the OpenMRS wiki.
Students were asked to submit final project presentations on OpenMRS Talk, which includes links to the project wiki page, code repositories and other relevant resources, as well as project descriptions, demos and outcomes:
- FHIR Swagger Codegen Integration and Strategic Improvements - @eunice18 (mentored by @harsha89/@mavrk)
- Location Based Access Control - @suthagar23 (mentored by @dkayiwa/@wyclif)
- Merge Patient data from Multiple Installations - @samuel34 (mentored by @ssmusoke/@dkayiwa)
- Improved Built-In Reports module - @sumangala28 (mentored by @firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Attachments Module Enhancements - @ridmal (mentored by @mksd/@zouchine/@ahmed14)
- Patient Clinical Summary Enhancement - @madushan (mentored by @sthaiya/@mwere)
- OAuth module enhancements and SMART apps support - @pkatopenmrs (mentored by @mavrk/@harsha89)
- Bahmni - Notification on Patient Events - @isuranga (mentored by @danfuterman/@darius)
- OpenMRS Android Client 3.x Project - @csmuthukuda (mentored by @shivtej/@avijitghosh82)
- Reset Password via Email Project - @harisu (mentored by @wyclif/@burke)
On behalf of the OpenMRS Community, thank you all!
Daniel Futerman, OpenMRS GSoC Admin.