GSoC 2018 - Improved Built-In Reports Module - Final Presentation

GSoC 2018 - Improved Built-In Reports Module - Final Presentation

Project Wiki Page : Improved Built-in Reports Module

Final Report including screenshots : Improved Built-in Reports module — GSoC 2018 with OpenMRS

• Primary Mentor — Rafal Korytkowski (@raff)
  • Backup Mentor — Joseph Kaweesi (@k.joseph)
  • Student — Jeyasumangala Rasanayagam (@sumangala28)

Project Discussions : https://talk.openmrs.org/t/gsoc-2018-improved-built-in-reports-project

Introduction

The concept of the Built In Reports for OpenMRS Reference applications was initiated during the Google Summer of Code last year(2017) .

Now it is the time to extend the features and improve the usability of this project. We need to improve the existing view of the reports and to add more new reports to this module which are crucial for administrative decisions within a clinical environment. There are some new objectives mentioned in the project scope which are completed during this summer period.

The objectives of this project(Google Summer of Code 2018) are:

1. Improve the existing Built In Report OWA issues and fix it to work properly (Headers, Breadcrumbs, and Routers)
  2. Implement a new view which shows a very detailed view of a patient.
  3. Add more information to improve the List of providers report. It should able to show the patients who worked with that providers also
  4. Add improvements to the List of diagnosis report. It should also able to show the patients who affected by the respected diagnosis
  5. Add improvements to the Number of Patient registrations.
  6. Add improvements to the Number of Admissions reports.
  7. Add improvements to the Number of Discharges reports.
  8. Add improvements to the Number of Transfers reports.
  9. Add improvements to the Number of Visits reports.
  10. Add improvements to the Number of Visit notes reports.

Demo presentation for the Mid term

This was demonstrated by me for the OpenMRS mid term presentations, and hosted in the You Tube. You can see some of the work which I have completed during the second evaluations in this video presentation.

Implementation

1. Fix the issues in the Built In Reports OWA to work properly

• Added logout functionality through the OpenMRS REST services to the logout in the OWA.
    • Added redirection from the My Account label to the OpenMRS account page.
    • Added location switcher functionalities through the OpenMRS REST services to the OWA header. So users will able to switch the location through this OWA also.
    • Added fix to fetch the default active session information from the appui/session to show the active location.
    • Removed the hashRouter from the existing OWA, and replaced with the browserRouter to improve the routing functionalities.
  2. Improvement to the List of Diagnosis report.

• Added more information to the List of Diagnosis report(included diagnosis id and Uuid) which wanted to track the respected diagnosis.
    • Added new report called “List of Patients for Diagnosis” which will show the patients who affected by the respected diagnosis.
    • Changed the module — ReportAsTableView component to support the row clicks and auto redirections to the respected pages. So any of the reports in this module can use this customized component for the row click and redirections.
    • Added redirections from the List of Patients for Diagnosis report to the patient dashboard. So the users can easily click on the patient name to go to the patient dashboard which will show more detail about the patient.
  3. Improvements to the Number of Visits/Visit Notes Report

• The report table is customized to show the total number of visits/visit notes grouped by visit types against the total counts.
    • Location selector is added to this report. So the users can select the location to get the visits/visit notes respected for that location.
    • Pi chart was added into the bottom of the report to illustrate the table view as the Graph view to the user.
    • Added Active visit switcher support to include the active visits/visit notes or exclude the active visits into the report. So users can include the active visits which doesn’t have the end date up to the selected date to this report.
    • Fixed the end date selection problem to support up to the end of the current day
  4. Improvement in the List of providers report

• Added more fields to the Provider’s report such as Demographics(Family Name, Given Name), Provider Information and Role Name, and Uuid.
    • Added new report called “List of Patients worked with Provider” which can show the top 10 number of patients with their information who recently worked with that provider.
    • Added tabled row hyper links from the List Of provider to the List of Patients worked with Provider report. So users can simply click on the provider name to get the patient list who recently worked with that provider.
    • Added redirections from the List of Patients worked with Provider to the patient dashboard. So the users can easily click on the patient name to go to the patient dashboard which will show more detail about the patient.
  5. Improvements in the Number of Admission/Discharge/Transfer report

• The report is restructured to show the total count of the admissions/discharges/transfers against the locations in the system. So users can able to get the admissions/discharges/transfers count with the locations.
    • Added total count of the admissions/discharges/transfers to the bottom of the table.
    • Pi chart was added into the bottom of the report to illustrate the table view as the Graph view to the user.

Experience

This is the first time for getting involved into the Google Summer of Code project. I was able to learn much from this amazing program and I was able to improve my potential about the industries. I have worked on React, Java, REST Services, HTML, and CSS for this projects. The learned techniques and the experience are very very helpful for my future.

I feel very excited :smile: and I am happy :slight_smile: that I was able to travel through the last 3 months without any major issues. Yahh!! I successfully completed my tasks and the major part of the project. My mentor @raff gave me the feedbacks and reviews quickly and help me to clear my issues regarding this project and other community members specially @judeniroshan in the OpenMRS helped me from the beginning of the GSoC and they helped a lot to complete this project.

Regards, Jeyasumangala

6 Likes

Thanks for a great final presentation and report @sumangala28.

1 Like

Thanks @sumangala28! It’s been a pleasure to work with you! I hope to see many more contributions from you!

2 Likes

Well done! @sumangala28 Appreciate your contributions! :+1:

I should convey my sincere thanks to @danfuterman and @raff for guiding and leading the project to a success even on my unexpected disappearance.

1 Like