GSoC 2018 - Patient Clinical Summary Enhancement - Final Presentation

GSoC 2018 — Patient Clinical Summary Enhancement

Primary mentor : @sthaiya

Backup mentor : @mwere

Student : @madushan

Project Wiki

Overview

The Patient Clinical Summary generates a summary that is being displayed on the patient dashboard which is helpful for the clinicians to make clinical decisions without going through numerous encounters/observations. It would also be helpful for clinicians access these reports off-line specially when they visit patients in rural areas.

Objectives:

• Generating Patient clinical summaries using SQL data set definitions.
  • Creating scheduled tasks to generate patient clinical reports.

• Creating user interface to create report configurations.

• Creating back-end infrastructure to implement functionality.

• Creating endpoints to consume reports from Muzima Android App.

• Modifying Muzima Android app to display reports to the user.

GSoC Contributions

openmrs-module-muzimacore

muzima-android

Other Resources:

Project Documentation: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Patient+Clinical+Summary+Enhancement

Talk Discussion

Blogs

Mid-Term Evaluation

Thoughts on GSoC:

It has been a wonderful experience for me for the last 12 weeks to work with OpenMRS and GSoC community. I gained lots of valuable technical knowledge. It was a real pleasure working with the likes of my mentor whom had a lot to offer me :laughing:.

Though GSoC is coming to an end, my contributions to the open source community starts from this year and I hope to continue it for a long time to come :sweat_smile:!

2 Likes

Thanks for posting your final presentation @madushan, can you add links to the repositories listed in the Contributions section (there only seems to be a link to https://github.com), and try make it clear which contributions you made as part of the GSoC project. It also seems like some of the links in the Resources section are missing.

@danfuterman sorry for the inconvinience, I have modified the post. Thanks a lot.

1 Like