Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi everyone,

I am Ajantha Badara and I am a final year undergraduate of Faculty of Engineering University of Peradeniya Sri Lanka. I would like to contribute to OpenMRS for GSOC, 2016. I went through the GSOC, 2016 project ideas and all of them are very good, but I am more interested about ‘OpenMRS Android Client’ project.

I have good level experience and knowledge in java, android, PHP, MEAN Stack, javascript, HTML5, CSS3, JSP, Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security.I’ve started going through the references already. It would be very helpful If you could give me some more guidelines about this.

Thanks, Ajantha

3 Likes

Hey guys, I am Venkat Parthasarathy and I am a second year student at IIIT-Hyderabad. I am eager to contribute to OpenMRS as it seems like an awesome project with a helpful community and well-maintained documentation. I have some experience with Android, PHP, JavaScript, Java, HTML and CSS but I am always looking to learn more. Hope I can be a good contributor!

2 Likes

Hi , I am Thilina Manamgoda third year student from University of Peradeniya Sri lanka. I am interested in contributing for OpenMRS for GSOC 2016.Hope i can be Useful to this Community .

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Alessa Álvarez, I’m a bioengineer from Medellín, Colombia. I have been working for 3 years in a research team on neglected tropical diseases called PECET, I’m not skilled at programming but it is one of my challenges and it would be great to have my commitment with the OpenMRS community as the perfect alibi to improve at it! I want to contribute in various topics but I’m still learning about the platform and the community.

This year a colleague and I are working on a project to both implement for our research team and spread the voice about the use of an EMR system as a great tool to optimize the management of medical data. In our search for the best platform we found OpenMRS and got caught by the philosophy of the community and the features of the system.

Our project includes a workshop offered at no charge to 80 people of Colombia and other Latin American countries and a MOOC to teach the fundamentals of OpenMRS and SanaMOBILE. The attendees will be selected according to their possibilities to actually implement the system in their communities.

Any comments and observations are welcome!

Kind regards,

Alessa

2 Likes

I’m Job N. Nyameino, a medical doctor, recent health informatics graduate, aspiring techie and all round health IT enthusiast. Being a newbie, I’d like to learn as much as possible and make meaningful contributions to this vibrant community.

2 Likes

Hi all, I’m Min Oo, a Computer Science student from National University of Singapore. I feel that this is one of the more beginner friendly projects with proper documentation, and there are many areas to learn from in this project. Looking forward to contributing to this project!

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Isuru from Srilanka. A computer engineering undergraduate. Love to work in open source projects because it helps not only me to improve my knowledge by working with a community but also to others in the world. So think this would be a good starting point for me.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! My name is Joe, and I am an MPH graduate student working with the Regenstrief Institute on an OpenMRS project to develop a under-nutrition module. I graduated from Purdue University with a BS in Biochemistry, and my current concentration is Epidemiology.

Although I do not know much about coding, I will be gathering information about the requirements for a module that can assess under-nutrition all over the world. I will then work with OpenMRS contributors to translate this into code. I look forward to seeing the project as it grows, and I hope I will get to work with some of you in the development stage!

Thank you,

Joe Amlung Regenstrief Institute

2 Likes

Hi OpenRMS Community I am Pablo Valenzuela, third year Informatic Engineer student from Universidad de la Frontera, Temuco, Chile. (yes…at the end of the map :slight_smile: . I am interested in all aspect from open source community and i would like to contribute for OpenMRS for Gsoc 2016. My goal is to work/learn on open source and also meet people of the world interested in this topic. Happy to make new friends here :ok_hand:.

Pablo Valenzuela Temuco, Chile

3 Likes

Hi All,

I am Dilanka Rathnayake, a Final year undergraduate student in Department of Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. And I worked as a intern in shipxpress inc for 6 months. I am an experienced open source developer and I have a good knowledge about developing web application and mobile application. I like to contribute for a project in OpenMRS for GSOC 2016.

Regards, Dilanka Rathnayake.

2 Likes

Hello everyone i’am a camerounian and very glad to belong to this big familly. Tanks

2 Likes

Hi all, I’m Krishni Andradi, Final year Computer Engineering Undergraduate, University of Peradeniya Sri Lanka. I am interested in OpenMRS project ideas, and would like to contribute to them during GSOC 2016. Hope i would be a good contributor in this community.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Aaron Cocke and I am a second year graduate student working towards an MPH degree with an Epidemiology concentration. I will be working with Joe Amlung and the Regenstrief Institute on developing requirements for an under-nutrition assessment module. As Joe mentioned a few posts ago, we will be working with OpenMRS contributors to translate the work he and I do into code. I am very interested in what OpenMRS has to offer and look forward to being a part of the community!

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m Yasiru Nilan from department of Computer Science and Engineering,University of Moratuwa,Sri Lanka. I’m really interested to contribute for OpenMRS as a developer.I’m familiar with Android Studio and android development.How can I get more information about this project.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Paul LeRoy. I am a semi-retired IT professional (20+ years) with a lot of cross-functional experience. I have been working lately on large scale ERP implementations. I wrote my first computer program on a 2nd generation IBM 1401 computer in Autocoder. Looking forward to working with you guys. This looks like a progressive, active and well managed community.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Where can we learn about the database schema?

Hello :slight_smile: … It’s me Niranjan Acharya . I am a Software Engineering Graduate from Gandaki College of Engineering and Science, Nepal. I have been involving onto different software activities and projects in the four-year tenure. I started with programming in C and C++. I presented some presentations and exhibitions with C games and allegro gaming in GCES IT Mohatsav. I participated in different academic activities for working with Java, Web Technologies, Enterprise application and Big Data Technologies. With the completion of my Software engineering Graduation, I am working as Jr. Software Developer in IT Sahayatri Private Limited.

I would like to be a part of volunteering team at OpenMrs … Its been 4 days but i have been facing problem with Elipse maven setup with openmrs-core project. I am expecting all the possible sort of assistances. Hope this community can be truely helpful . :slight_smile :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Michael, Myself Aashita Dutta, a final year student in Btech Computer Science Branch at GNDEC, India . I really liked the project ideas you listed. Since these projects fall under my areas of interest. I have keen interest in one of your projects titled OpenMRS Android Client. I read wiki of this project and would like to know more about this project in-depth. I have 8 months experience with android application development. I have done my internship from Aptech Institute for teaching android application development to students. I have core knowledge about C++, Java, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python. So having knowledge about the android OS, I would like to work on this project so that I can learn more and my personal interest to contribute to an open source organization. This was some information about me. Do you think I am fit for your project? If yes, what should be the next step to start with Android Client. Best Regards, Aashita Dutta Bachelors in Technology

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m Angie, and I’m currently a Second Year Computer Science major at UVA. I am very interested in GSoC 2015 and would love the opportunity to be able to write code and help save lives. I’m new to open source development but I am very eager to collaborate with the OpenMRS community.

I have a lot of experience with a few different languages (Java/JavaScript/C++/SQL/HTML/CSS). And this past year I have been involved with a lot of bioinformatics.

In my free time, I love to travel, watch movies, and finding new places to eat around town.

Best, Angie

2 Likes

Hello Everyone, my name Benjamin Akinmoyeje and I work with Management Sciences for Health, Nigeria Team working on a USAID funded project. I am part of an OpenMRS implementation team charged with the mandate to deploy EMR in 3 public hospitals in northern Nigeria. I am more of system administrator / project manager but I am growing daily as an app developer and researcher in eHealth. Looking forward to a beneficial association on this platform.

3 Likes