Welcome! Please introduce yourself to the Bahmni community

Welcome to the #software:bahmni category of OpenMRS Talk! Please introduce yourself here to other visitors!

Note that this thread and category are focused on the Bahmni distribution of OpenMRS. If you want to say hello to the broader OpenMRS community, use this other thread: Welcome! Please introduce yourself.

1 Like

My name is Darius Jazayeri, and I’m a Software Architect with ThoughtWorks, based in Seattle. I spend my time coordinating FOSS activities around the Bahmni Community and the Bahmni Coalition, and wishing that I had more time to sit and write some code!

I’ve also been involved with OpenMRS since its founding (I think I was the third committer), and previously worked with Partners In Health, helping to deploy e-health systems in Peru, Haiti, Rwanda, Malawi, and Lesotho.

6 Likes

Hello My name is Tanisha Mittal and I am a Computer Science engineering student. I am doing my undergrad in Mumbai. I have worked on a few Virtual Reality projects wherein I have built projects to help the physically disabled and chronic pain patients. I love to code and I am an avid reader. I am currently working on learning React in order to prepare for RGSOC’18. I strongly believe in building technologies that help the society in some way or the other and hence I am really excited about contributing to Bahmini.

3 Likes

My name is Abdelrahman Hosny, and I’m a Software Engineer with xWARE Integrated Solutions, based in Egypt. I work as a research & development engineer and I’m currently engaged in localizing and deploying Bahmni in a local hospital. I spend most of my time doing research and finding ways to inject technology to less-developed environments in Egypt. The rest of my time is spent in coding and mentoring my team.

Hey! I am Jap Leen from New Delhi, India. I am currently pursing B.Tech in Computer Science. I am an Open Source enthusiast, who loves exploring things and learning along the way! I am really interested in the project Bahmni. I think it is a wonderful initiative and would be very useful for the masses. I would love to contribute to this project. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, I am Sukriti Chaudhary. I am currently pursuing my engineering degree from New Delhi, India. I am really interested in Bahmni. I feel that linking healthcare with technology is an amazing initiative and I would love to contribute for its betterment and learn new things during the process.

2 Likes

Hello, I am Hardiki Devre, a Computer Science undergraduate. I am currently working on a project of a similar kind (hospital management system) and another blood donation project. I have experience of coding in Java and I love to build technologies for social welfare and love to work for society. I am participating in RGSoC 2018. I would love to work for Bahmni and be a part of it by contributing it. For further details refer to the following link : http://www.techgirlhardiki.info/.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Nikita Tiwari. I am currently pursuing B.Tech. in Information Technology . I love coding and working on the development of new projects and exploring it n every aspect. I went through the description and I find this project really interesting. I want to contribute for the development of the same. Looking forward to the development.

2 Likes

Hello everyone. I am an engineering student from India interested in working with Bahmni for outreachy . Ideas have always excited me. The fact that we could dream something and bring it to life fascinates me. My goal is to bring new ideas to table and deliver a user-centric project for welfare of people.

Please guide me. I want to contribute to this project

Thanks and Regards

1 Like

Hello everyone,

My teammate Jessica and I are based in Berlin. We found you on the Rails Girls Summer of Code website and wanted to reach out as we are interested in working on this exciting project.

From building our own apps, we have experience with JavaScript, HTML and CSS along with git and GitHub. We also have additional experience with various JavaScript libraries, PHP and Python.

1 Like

Hello!

My name is Jenn and I am a former Mechanical Engineer turned Web Developer living in the USA. I found out about Bahmni through Outreachy and am extremely excited to join in on a project with such great cause!

I have background experience with HTML/CSS, JavaScript, React, MERN stack… will be poking around to see where I can add value to the project, thanks!

2 Likes

Hello all ,

A little delayed introduction from my side as I have already been working with bahmni since past 5 months. I am Laxman Manandhar working as a Lead developer at https://possiblehealth.org. We, here at "possible" with our development team working on integration of different products with bahmni to make bahmni a more greater integrated self sufficient platform.

To share few about our Development roadmap, We are currently working on bahmni-dhis2 integration and then we have plans to work further on IMIS integration , Mobile Platform(Medic mobile/Commcare) integration , Inpatient module enhancement and other many customizations requirement which will enhance the Bahmni product as a whole. Hope to learn more from the community and I will give my best contribution to make this product more stronger and more stronger community.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Shruthi Pitta and I am working as a Application Developer in Thoughtworks, India. I have been working on Bahmni for the last 2 years.

2 Likes

Hi All, My name is Muhammad Ahmed .I am Software Developer at Interactive Health Solutions(informatics) . i am newbie to OpenMRS . when i joined IHS , i came to hear alot about OpenMRS and how most of our development is based on OpenMRS .it’s fascinating how OpenMRS community is developing this system by adding new features and reporting techniques . All this came by little contributions from everyone, which made me realize i should also contribute to the System . OpenMRS has given world a brilliant System for Health . Thanks Muhammad Ahmed

2 Likes

My name is Nicholas Ingosi based in Kenya. I work for IntelliSOFT Kenya Limited as a lead software developer. I have 6+ years working for OpenMRS related projects(System dev for AMPATH, Lead developer KenyaEMR, Lead eSaude) and now just picked up first ticket for Bahmni. Lokkong forward to learn more and solve more problems.

3 Likes

Hi everyone:)

I’m Eva, originally from Slovenia, now living in UK :slight_smile:

I come from a family of doctors and I’m well aware of many problems faced by healthcare services everywhere around the world - just communicating between the different departments, teams and labs is a hassle and that’s where I find Bahmni’s mission so compelling - organizing the resources available into an effective process that can be used by doctors, nurses, admin and patients!

My partner Emma and I would love to be involved in this project on a long-term basis (RGSoC), if nothing else with localization. @darius do you perhaps know why Mandarin Chinese isn’t listed as one of the Project Langauges?

Warm regards from Milton Keynes!

Eva (and Emma)

2 Likes

Welcome everyone! It’s nice to get introductions from familiar names, and also to meet people coming via RGSoC and Outreachy.

@laxman, great to hear about the Possible Health team’s roadmap! Whenever you can, it would be great to start new threads to discuss each of these items. As just one example I’m sure there are many others interested in Inpatient module enhancements, and I’d like to see if people’s goals overlap so we can coordinate some shared efforts. (Also, check out Feedback for enhanced Bed Management module .)

@evadee, the project languages in transifex are mostly driven by where people have actively wanted to deploy, and asked us for, along with some languages that were added because Transifex prompted us. (I think that when a translator joins the project Transifex automatically requests all of their proficient languages.) I have added Chinese.

3 Likes

Hello all , I am Suruchi Dhungana working as a Associate Java developer at https://possiblehealth.org. We, here at “possible” with our development team working on integration of different products with bahmni to make bahmni a more greater integrated self sufficient platform.

We are currently working on bahmni-dhis2 integration and then we have plans to work further on customizations requirement which will enhance the Bahmni product. Hope to learn more from the community and I will give my best contribution to make this product more stronger and more stronger community.

4 Likes

My name is Justine Etaku in Uganda. I work for Cure Children’s Hospital as an IT and Database Associate. I have about 1 year implementing Bahmni. Looking forward to learn more.

2 Likes