We’re excited that you’re here and interested in helping to advance the mission of building a top-quality Electronic Medical Record and Hospital Information System that targets resource-poor settings!
We are involved with multiple different internship programs, and the details of each is a bit different, so of course you should read your project’s specific instructions.
In general, you should:
- Introduce yourself at: Welcome! Please introduce yourself to the Bahmni community
- Learn about the community contribution process to Bahmni in our Development Team Reference Manual. I suggest you start with Getting Started as a Bahmni Community Developer: Cheat Sheet
- Set up a development environment and play around
- Make one or more code contributions to demonstrate your background and skills. You can pick a ticket from this list in our JIRA issue tracker.
- You may want to to ask specific questions about the ticket. You could do that on this discussion forum (as a new thread in the #software:bahmni category) or on Slack (see the Communication Channels section of the Dev Team Reference Manual).
- For general programming topics relevant to Bahmni and OpenMRS, see this helpful list of links.
- In general you’ll want to claim a ticket for work, work on it, making some comments along the way, and finally send a GitHub pull request for review.
- You may also want to ask questions about the project itself. Look on the discussion forum for a topic like “Questions about $projectName” or “Design for $projectName”, and ask your questions there. If the topic doesn’t exist yet, create it.