@odorajonathan , did you take a closer look at
Note this ,
We will schedule and publicize Sprint topics ~4 weeks in advance
this will give developers at other organizations a chance to organize their time to participate
And here https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/How-To+Have+a+Sprint
## Sprint Kickoff Meeting
A sprint kickoff meeting is best practice in hosting a sprint. The goal is to get everyone on the same page in terms of background & objectives, answer any questions, and get people motivated to participate. Ideally, you give people at least a few days notice of when & where the kickoff meeting will take place. It can be on [IRC](http://irc.openmrs.org/), in [Telegram](http://telegram.me/openmrs), in [Uberconference](https://uberconference.com/openmrs), in a Google Hangout, on Skype, or whatever works for you.
* Announce the kickoff time & place (ideally at least a couple days beforehand) either in your sprint announcement on Talk or in a reply to that post.
* Start the kickoff by giving some background. Why are you having the sprint? Review technology or terminology that may not be familiar.
* Review the objective(s) of the sprint.
* Make sure people know where to find tickets and how to claim one.
* Make plans for any daily standups or other forms of communication during the sprint.
* Let people know where to go with any questions.
,What am saying , are you sure all the team members know exactly what this is about ??
You simply just added team members and started the sprint. Am not sure every one knows what this is about.
You need to organise a kick of meeting for the team members with the sprint technical lead, to prepare team members for the work, so that they can know about the background and objective of this whole thing.