I’m interested to work on Built-In Reports for Reference Application project which has listed as a GSoC-2017 project. I have went through the OpenMRS architecture and understood the basics of it. I have setup the local environment to do the development. I noticed that this project has added to GSoC-2017 recently. I have been working with the OpenMRS-core and fixed few issues.
I have setup the platform in my local machine both ways.
- Using my own Tomcat Server
- Reference module platform (SDK)
I think for this project platform specific changes would not take place. As the project title itself says, this is related to reference modules. So, I created a basicmodule following this tutorial. (https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/OpenMRS+SDK)
Question: I want to know whether this is going to be a new reference module or are we going to add new reports to the existing reporting module. If we are going to create a new module, what’s the reason that we do not want to improve the existing reporting module?
Question: Do I want to study on openmrs-module-webservices.rest thoroughly? If that so, I might need to allocate sometime on my timeline for the project as I’m not quite familiar with that module.
When we talk about fetching the data for these reports, we can use the existing module Reporting REST API module. Here is my approach,
- Create some mockups and get verify the new reports
- Study the reporting REST API module while keep an idea about the data structures I need for those verified reports.
- If any development needs to be done from the REST API module, I will implement them.(obviously there would be new queries to be write)
- Once the API is completed, I can complete the reports as mentioned in the project introduction.
Please advice me, if I need to look further on any other modules which I have not mentioned here. I’m almost done with my proposal. I will send it to you soon. @raff
Best Regards, Jude Niroshan