Welcome! Please introduce yourself

:smiley: so kind of you guys.

1 Like

Hi everyone, My names are Mbah Redeem and I’m a studying software engineering. Will like to write codes that save lives, will also love to gain more knowledge on open source development here . Thanks guys

Hello everyone! This is Momtahina Karim. I am from Bangladesh. This year I am working with OpenMRS. I am passionate about coding. Besides, I am familiar with some languages (HTML, CSS, JS, PHP etc.). Hope for a good contribution :slight_smile:

@satoshiredeem and @momtahinachowdhury welcome to the community we look forward for your contributions. Kindly follow this link to get started.

Hi everyone! I’m Robert, 19 years old, from Myanmar, who is currently a second year student studying a Bachelor’s in Computer Science at the University of Michigan. I have always had a long-term mission of helping society and OpenMRS’s mission to improve the healthcare management systems in developing countries totally resonates with me. I am familiar with front-end web development (HTML, CSS, JS, React) but trying to learn more back-end, and I have a solid background of data structures and algorithms, having taken courses in them. I am hoping to contribute as a developer to OpenMRS and participate in GSoC 2019. I chose OpenMRS not only for its mission but also its culture which seems to be very supportive, warm and also beginner-friendly, judging from tons of resources available on OpenMRS Wiki. This is my first time open-source experience and I hope to learn a lot from this experience! Regards, Robert

2 Likes

Hi

I’m Areeb,

1. Google code-in is free for all plus you don’t need to pay shipping costs for your T-shirt.
  2. Ya, I participated last year in OperMRS, LibreHealth and Coala. 3.Well i expect to learn how health care and software engineering help each other.

Thanks

heilo,your greatly welcome to the community kindly look at this link to get started https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

1 Like

Greetings, I’m a pharmacist who is taking also a course in software engineering. I aim to database or development of healthcare software. Think there can be a place for me here which can help me improve my skills while contributing to the community?

Thank you

Hi all, I’m Binh Ng. I’ve been a software developer for an Appraisal Software company for more than 10 years using Open-source technology. I’ve been using OpenMRS for a year now and decided to contribute my spare time to find bugs and improve the software to help Healthcare industry. I’m excited to be part of this community and hope to bring some valuable contribution to the software.

Hi, welcome to the community we look forward for your contribution. Click here to get started

We are glad to have you here. To improve you skills, feel free to begin from known area to unknown and with the help of the community,you will be there.Click here to get started,

Hey everyone, I’m Darsh Google codein is free for all and is limited to a younger age group thereby resulting in a competitive growing environment. Upon that it enhances the important of open course software. This is my first time participating in google codein. The OpenMRS seems like a very interesting initiative to improve healthcare which is essential for survival. I am very excited and will try to contribute to the best of my abilities.

Thanks

Glad to have you in GCI 2018. We wish you success.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Waiting for response to GCI 2018 task

Hello everyone !

I am Atharva Sharma, a second year Btech Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate at Madhav Institute of Technology and Science, Gwalior, India.

I’ll be applying for GSOC 2019, and I am looking forward to making some meaningful contributions to this project.

Can someone please guide me how to go about it ?

Great to have you aboard @atharva3010 :slightly_smiling_face:, greatings from the community.

Your contribution is very valuable and welcome. Kindly follow the link below to get started.

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

Thank you for your response. @ruhanga

hello everyone, I am Jubel from Indi…OpenMRS is an awesome initiative, that has blown up my mind and my view towards digital health care and open sourcing…Indeed proud to be a part of this organisation by being a student taking part in GOOGLE CODE-IN 2018

Welcome to the community we look forward for your contribution.

Hello you are welcome. Hope we benefit from each other.