Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello @yifeng! Welcome to the OpenMRS community. You can follow this Beginner’s Guide to get started as a developer and have a look at Guidelines for Interested GSoC-2021 Students .

All the best :+1:

Hello Community, I have a couple of questions. 1) I tried log in with my ID in the issues tab… The system is refusing the access… Any idea why? 2) for the Smart on FHIR implementation, should one go ahead with the HAPI-FHIR library or concentrate on the Open Web Application implemented in the documentation? 3) Can someone throw more light on the Keycloak usage… Since the authentification is done through OAuth2?

Hello I think I can respond to your first question. If you want to acces the issues you have to send a special request. This is to avoid spam. You should look for the Jira registration link and submit a request there.

Hello @djibrillamohamed, In addition to @bejanut.

We already have SMART-on-FHIR module for it. Please check this out.

Yes, you are right. We are using Keycloak as an Authentication Server. check out the docs. Moreover, we also need to implement some more feature to keycloak, so we created GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-contrib-keycloak-smart-auth and GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-contrib-keycloak-auth: A plugin for Keycloak to authenticate users against the OpenMRS data store.

I hope this will be helpful.If you have more doubts, please create a new topic, as this topic is for introduction purpose only. :sweat_smile:

Thanks @bejanut

Thanks @theanandankit

Hello everyone,

I am looking to work on some of the issues on jiira, however the one’s I am seeing appear to be already assigned or have others working on them.

Is there an administrator here who could direct me to any open tickets that are “ready for work”? I would also like to know how does one get assigned to one of these issues.

hi @petersalluta on Jira there are multiple filters on the top of any Issue you can check them out, for example, all the unassigned issue can be seen by:

thank you @nkumar. I checked out those filters but it seems those issues had persons already working on them when I read the comments section.

@petersalluta, if have confusion that someone is working on the unassigned issues, you can ask the issue reporter or designer in the comments.

hey I am Hillary Kimote from Uganda new to this community …am interested in the development and I will be grateful to be guided on how to begin

Hello @kimote ! Welcome to the OpenMRS community. You can follow this Beginner’s Guide to get started as a developer. All the best :+1:

1 Like

@sawsh02 thank your so much

1 Like

Hi, everyone. I’m Yuxiao Fan from the University of Leeds and I will complete my master’s project using OpenMars. I am glad to join you and do contribute to the development of OpenMars.

@a1p1p1998 Welcome and get started as a developer with Contribute as a Developer - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

@nkumar It is not allowing me to make any comments or assign my self to any issue.

Make sure that you have access to JIRA if you don’t then request for JIRA Access for it please checkout this page How to get access to issues.openmrs.org - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

Hello everyone my name is Tejas Deshpande, I am a tech enthusiast and CS sophomore at BITS Pilani, India. I am glad to be a part of OpenMRS community. I have been spending time with the community members on talk, solving issues on Jira and getting to know more about the org through wiki. All of it has turned out to be very productive for me :slight_smile: Community members are really helpful and at no point let the other feel stuck/alone. I look forward to keep contributing ,adding value and gaining experience for the years to come.

1 Like

Hello @tejasd ! It’s great to have you on board. Welcome to the community and looking forward for your useful contribution to OpenMRS!

2 Likes

Hello Everyone! I am Nalan, a CS and Math Junior at Lawrence University. I am glad to join the OpenMrs community and hope to contribute to Graphics and the client part!

2 Likes