Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Glad to have you in this community Ben. Kindly click here to get started. Just in case you need help, feel free to reach the community through TALK and IRC.

Hello @codepoet2017390 , I have a silly query.I want to get connect to @Issac Sears (mentor for Nigeria Telemedicine App) I tried through IRC Chat but wan unable to connect. Do i need to contact mentor using talk?

you can PM him on this account @isears

1 Like

@jwnasambu Thank you

Thanks @jwnasambu even I had the same query.

Hello everyone! I’m Moksh Mahajan, a third year Computer Science undergraduate from Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Jammu. I have one and a half year experience in Java and Android development. I have worked on RecyclerView, JSON parsing using Retrofit, Firebase Database, basic Android components etc. I am a GSoC’19 aspirant and would like to work on Nigeria Telemedicine App. Please tell me how to get started with it.

Hello @mokshmahajan you are welcome to this community. Please follow these links to get tips on how to purse your GSoC goal.
https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Summer+Of+Code+2019

1 Like

Hi Everyone!

As others before me, (surprise surprise!) I am a computer science undergrad who is recently stepping into the world of open source. The reason I’m want to chose OpenMRS as a stepping stone into my world of open source is two fold:

1. I’m currently an intern in a medical devices company where I’m developing an adjudication tool for our clinical safety system suite, hence most of the ‘Unassigned projects’ really connect with me, cause most of them are literally the same problems we have faced during our system development!

2. OpenMRS seems like a really vibrant community where people are really willing to help out, especially OSS novices like me!

Personally, I’ve also contributed to the Mozilla Foundation in their non-software community awareness projects!

I hope to contribute to OpenMRS and have a wonderful stay here!

Cheers.

1 Like

Hey, I am Smit Jasani. I am from DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. I am a second year B.Tech student pursuing ICT and a GSoC’19 aspirant. I have an experience of about an year in Android development. I am interested in Nigeria Telemedicine app and want to contribute for the same. Please guide me to get started. Thank You!

1 Like

:grin: Hey i am a Bio Sciences and Bio Engeneering undergrad studying in IIT Guwahati, India. Glad to be here & hope to learn a lot from this community!

1 Like

Welcome to the community. Kindly follow this link for more information concerning GSoC.

1 Like

Glad to have you in this community. Kindly follow this link to get started. In case you need any clarification feel free to reach the community though TALK and IRC.

2 Likes

Glad to have you here. Hope this link will be of help to know more about openmrs.

Hi all! I am shadrack kirui recently graduated from multimedia university of kenya. I am interested in learning the openMRS and become a developer

Okay thank you so much.

Hi Folks, My name is Vivek Raj I am a 2nd-year student of IIT Kharagpur, India. I would like to contribute to OpenMRS for GSoc 2019. I have a basic knowledge of the required skills. I’m currently setting up the environment for starting my work.

1 Like

Hi Andy,

Sure, you can get local support. Drop me your numbers.

Jaghatise

1 Like

Welcome to the community kindly follow this link to get started. We wish you luck.

Hi! I am a student at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln working on OpenMRS as a part of a computer science course.

Hi all,

My name is Martin Chan. I have been working as a software developer since 1995 till 2013. In 2013, my wife and I went to Cambodia to work as a volunteer. I thought that will be the end of my IT career. However, recently my wife decided to open an eye clinic and asked me to help her to setup a system. After a bit of research, I have decided to pick up OpenMRS and try out my long forgotten IT knowledge.

After spending a day in setting up, Jre8, Tomcat, and MySQL. I have to say the pain setting up all these apps only get worse when your brain and your eyesight is getting weaker and weaker everyday.

Thanks for the OpenMRS Wiki and a bit of google search, I have managed to get the OpenMRS Platform 2.1.4.2cb839 Running!.

Will have to leave a post about JDBC library issue at the wiki after my introduction here. Just in case if someone else heading into the same version compatibility issue.

1 Like