Welcome! Please introduce yourself.

intro
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fdb188fa390>

(Abdelaty Mohammedmagdi) #2203

Hello geeks :smiley: , I’m Abdelaty Mohammedmagdi, a third-year student from MUST, and a Junior Android Developer I want to contribute to OpenMRS and develop a project as part of GSoC 2019. I’ve 1.5-year experience with android development, I’ve finished Android developer Nanodegree from Udacity. also, I have worked on 5 android projects you can find them in my GitHub. I used the android architecture Jetpack in those projects. I’m planning to work on Nigeria Telemedicine App this summer and I’m looking forward to knowing all my teammates in other projects this year.

Abdelaty on OpenMRS ID, abdelaty on IRC, abdelaty on GitHub :smiley:

(Juliet Wamalwa) #2204

Welcome to the community. Kindly follow this link https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer to get started

(Abdelaty Mohammedmagdi) #2205

Thank you so much @jwnasambu

(Akshay Verma) #2206

Hello All! I am Akshay Verma from India, a second year undergrad student at NIT Kurukshetra. I primarily work on Android Development.I am here to apply as a student for GSoC19.I have been working on android from past 2.5 years.In the past I have worked on Android projects from various domains.Latest addition to my skill set is Re-Training Tensorflow models and then integrating them with Android.I’m planning to work on Nigeria Telemedicine App this summer. I hope to have a great time here! :smiley:

(Rohan Sharma) #2207

@akshayverma Welcome to the community. Kindly follow this link https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer to get started. Also take a look at GSoC 2019 : Warm up practices for students .

(Akshay Verma) #2208

Thabk you @codepoet2017390

(Ben LeDoux) #2209

Hello all, like others before me, I am an undergrad working with a team to contribute to the Open Source community and OpenMRS appealed to us as a great platform with knowledgeable developers that we feel could serve as mentors to help us along this journey.

My personal background, I’ve been in the InfoSec community for about 6 years with a focus in DFIR and vulnerability scanning. I’m hoping to provide some of that knowledge to this community as well.

It is nice to meet everyone and I look forward to collaborating with everyone. :slight_smile:

– Ben

(Juliet Wamalwa) #2210

Glad to have you in this community Ben. Kindly click here to get started. Just in case you need help, feel free to reach the community through TALK and IRC.

(Akshay Verma) #2211

Hello @codepoet2017390 , I have a silly query.I want to get connect to @Issac Sears (mentor for Nigeria Telemedicine App) I tried through IRC Chat but wan unable to connect. Do i need to contact mentor using talk?

(Juliet Wamalwa) #2212

you can PM him on this account @isears

(Akshay Verma) #2213

@jwnasambu Thank you

(Rohan Sharma) #2214

Thanks @jwnasambu even I had the same query.

(Moksh Mahajan) #2216

Hello everyone! I’m Moksh Mahajan, a third year Computer Science undergraduate from Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Jammu. I have one and a half year experience in Java and Android development. I have worked on RecyclerView, JSON parsing using Retrofit, Firebase Database, basic Android components etc. I am a GSoC’19 aspirant and would like to work on Nigeria Telemedicine App. Please tell me how to get started with it.

(Irene Nyakate) #2217

Hello @mokshmahajan you are welcome to this community. Please follow these links to get tips on how to purse your GSoC goal.
https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Summer+Of+Code+2019

(Rishav Rakshit) #2218

Hi Everyone!

As others before me, (surprise surprise!) I am a computer science undergrad who is recently stepping into the world of open source. The reason I’m want to chose OpenMRS as a stepping stone into my world of open source is two fold:

1. I’m currently an intern in a medical devices company where I’m developing an adjudication tool for our clinical safety system suite, hence most of the ‘Unassigned projects’ really connect with me, cause most of them are literally the same problems we have faced during our system development!

2. OpenMRS seems like a really vibrant community where people are really willing to help out, especially OSS novices like me!

Personally, I’ve also contributed to the Mozilla Foundation in their non-software community awareness projects!

I hope to contribute to OpenMRS and have a wonderful stay here!

Cheers.

(Smit Jasani) #2219

Hey, I am Smit Jasani. I am from DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. I am a second year B.Tech student pursuing ICT and a GSoC’19 aspirant. I have an experience of about an year in Android development. I am interested in Nigeria Telemedicine app and want to contribute for the same. Please guide me to get started. Thank You!

(Mithilesh Kohale) #2220

:grin: Hey i am a Bio Sciences and Bio Engeneering undergrad studying in IIT Guwahati, India. Glad to be here & hope to learn a lot from this community!

(Juliet Wamalwa) #2221

Welcome to the community. Kindly follow this link for more information concerning GSoC.

(Juliet Wamalwa) #2222

Glad to have you in this community. Kindly follow this link to get started. In case you need any clarification feel free to reach the community though TALK and IRC.

(Juliet Wamalwa) #2223

Glad to have you here. Hope this link will be of help to know more about openmrs.