Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello everyone! I am Madhav Kashyap currently pursuing my Bachelors in Computer Science from PES University in Bangalore, India. I would love to contribute to the OpenMRS codebase to widen my learning and to get my foot into large open-source organizations. Eventually, I hope to train myself in new technologies and get an opportunity to take part in GSOC 2019 with your organization. I have worked with healthcare based IOT devices with a startup before and hope that some of those skills are applicable here. I am proficient with Python,Java and Javascript. Looking forward to collaborating with you :slight_smile:

Hello! We are a team of four undergrad Computer Science students from MSU Denver. We are looking forward to contributing to OpenMRS and gaining some experience working with a large open source community.

• Team Code Freely

@madhavmk and @codefreely Welcome to the OpenMRS Community and we look forward to your contribution! Kindly follow this link to get started. Just in case you need help, feel free to contact the community members through Talk and IRC.

Ellen, thank you so much. Nice to meet you. This document is great, I really appreciate it.

Andy

1 Like

Hi my name is Brian…got introduced to this platform during the Himss19 session. I am so astounded by the work of this community and want to contribute what skills I have to this. I am good a managing, coordinating, and worked in relational databases last decade . I am trying to learn more about the OpenMRS platform as a potential tool for coordinate eye care. I am in Orlando, US and working on an initiative to bring better diagnosis of eye care to all parts of the world that are currently under served. I am trying to deploy an instance of this at a local care clinic to see how it would work and would welcome and all suggestions. I know there is much documentation to be read-- is there a optometry or opthamology module available for OpenMRS? Brian

hi i have install bahmni through windows and VM. Any one can tell me the backup and restore process step by step.

Thanks Jitendra Joshi

@Andy,

Can we talk about this migration? I am based in Abuja, Nigeria. You can call me on +2348072235615 and lets discuss this further.

jaghatise

Welcome to the community we are glad to have you here. Concerning the modules, kindly follow this link to see what we have in stock

Hello All! I am Rimjhim Bhadani, a pre-final undergrad student from India. I primarily work on Android Development. I am a big fan of open source development. I have been a GSoC18 student and a GCI17 and GCI18 mentor. I am here to apply as a student for GSoC19. I hope to have a great time here! :smiley:

Glad to have you in the community again. We wish you luck

Thank You @jwnasambu! I am new to OpenMRS community. Previously, I have worked with Systers, JBoss and Fossasia. I am interested in the project OpenMRS Android Client. Is there a different channel/thread to talk about the project or GSoC?

Since you are new follow this link. Concerning GSoC follow this

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Hello geeks :smiley: , I’m Abdelaty Mohammedmagdi, a third-year student from MUST, and a Junior Android Developer I want to contribute to OpenMRS and develop a project as part of GSoC 2019. I’ve 1.5-year experience with android development, I’ve finished Android developer Nanodegree from Udacity. also, I have worked on 5 android projects you can find them in my GitHub. I used the android architecture Jetpack in those projects. I’m planning to work on Nigeria Telemedicine App this summer and I’m looking forward to knowing all my teammates in other projects this year.

Abdelaty on OpenMRS ID, abdelaty on IRC, abdelaty on GitHub :smiley:

Welcome to the community. Kindly follow this link https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer to get started

1 Like

Thank you so much @jwnasambu

1 Like

Hello All! I am Akshay Verma from India, a second year undergrad student at NIT Kurukshetra. I primarily work on Android Development.I am here to apply as a student for GSoC19.I have been working on android from past 2.5 years.In the past I have worked on Android projects from various domains.Latest addition to my skill set is Re-Training Tensorflow models and then integrating them with Android.I’m planning to work on Nigeria Telemedicine App this summer. I hope to have a great time here! :smiley:

@akshayverma Welcome to the community. Kindly follow this link https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer to get started. Also take a look at GSoC 2019 : Warm up practices for students .

Thabk you @codepoet2017390

Hello all, like others before me, I am an undergrad working with a team to contribute to the Open Source community and OpenMRS appealed to us as a great platform with knowledgeable developers that we feel could serve as mentors to help us along this journey.

My personal background, I’ve been in the InfoSec community for about 6 years with a focus in DFIR and vulnerability scanning. I’m hoping to provide some of that knowledge to this community as well.

It is nice to meet everyone and I look forward to collaborating with everyone. :slight_smile:

– Ben

1 Like