I’m a professor for software engineering at CSULB in California, USA, intro here. As mentioned here, last semester I taught a course on Requirements Engineering using HFOSS and had students do their assignments using the project documentation of OpenMRS.
I am not sure how helpful these requirements models and analysis reports can be for you but I’d like ot ask for some community feedback, because I will be teaching this course again Jan-May 2018 and would like to modify the assignments in a way (or also create some new ones) that the results contribute something meaningful and helpful to OpenMRS. Actually the more assignments the merrier because you don’t need 5 different solutions (by my student teams) to the same task but would rather have 5 tasks done.
The assignments (and example solutions) that used OpenMRS project documentation were:
- (Re-)Engineering a stakeholder model and example solution
- (Re-)Engineering goals and example solution
- (Re-)Engineering a system vision and example solution
- (Re-)Engineering a domain model (we ended up skipping this one, so no example solution)
- (Re-)Engineering use cases and example solution
- (Re-)Engineering Quality requirements and example solution
What I am looking for:
- Any feedback as to how we can turn this into useful contributions for the project would be appreciated.
- Any suggestions for or pointers towards other tasks you may want contributors to that have to do with requirements engineering, requirements analysis, user analysis, user modeling, or the likes would be appreciated.
Kind regards, Birgit