Announcing the 2017 Malawi OpenMRS Implementers’ Meeting!

On behalf of the OpenMRS community, I am thrilled to let you all know that the 2017 OpenMRS Implementers’ Conference #OMRS17 will be hosted in Malawi this year. The Malawi Ministry of Health has organized a planning committee over the past few weeks, and they have set up weekly planning meetings with the OpenMRS events team to ensure that this event is the best yet! I’m going to ask @jeffneiman to share more information about that here once he gets a moment.

As the planning process unfolds, we’ll update this post and a future wiki page with more information. We know there’s considerable interest in this event, and we’ll do our best to answer every question you have well in advance so you can prepare to attend this year’s conference.

If you have any suggestions, we welcome you to share them here on this talk post. If you are interested in helping us make this event happen, let me know! Look forward to seeing all of you soon!

For more information on the conference, please visit

2017 Implementers' Conference - Resources - OpenMRS Wiki

Schedule

The official dates are December 12-16, where the conference will be from December 12-15 and the hackathon will be from December 15-16. The official schedule is being developed and we’ll share more information as it is developed.

For those arriving early, the planning committee and community leaders will be meeting on December 11 for a pre-conference meeting to discuss the upcoming events and wrap up any last minute details in regards to the sessions.

Scholarships

For those of you that will be applying for scholarships, please reference our Scholarship Criteria page on our wiki and familiarize yourself with what will be required in your application. I know that we have a lot of questions to answer regarding the cost so you can accurately budget your expenses and scholarship needs so please be patient as we finalize those details as quickly as possible.

Unconference Topics

Lightning Session Topics

Demonstrations

Hackathon

10 Likes

Thanks Paul!

Schedule

The official dates are December 12-16, where the conference will be from December 12-15 and the hackathon will be from December 15-16. The official schedule is being developed and we’ll share more information as it is developed.

For those arriving early, the planning committee and community leaders will be meeting on December 11 for a pre-conference meeting to discuss the upcoming events and wrap up any last minute details in regards to the sessions.

Scholarships

For those of you that will be applying for scholarships, please reference our Scholarship Criteria page on our wiki and familiarize yourself with what will be required in your application. I know that we have a lot of questions to answer regarding the cost so you can accurately budget your expenses and scholarship needs so please be patient as we finalize those details as quickly as possible.

4 Likes

The official page for OMRS17 (the one to follow for updates) is http://om.rs/17. I’ll update Paul’s announcement to include this.

3 Likes

Hi,

The email address given doesn’t work (omrs17■■■■■■■■■■■■).

Where can I get info on the city the conference will be hosted and possible accommodation? The google drive doesn’t seem to have any info.

Thanks

-Andrew

1 Like

Hi Andrew, please use malawiomrs17 [@] gmail.com for conference related inquiries.

Edit: We’ve created a dedicated OMRS17 email address that the planning team all has access to. I’ve updated my original post to reflect that.

Jeff, my itinerary would put me in on Monday the 11th at 7:30am not sure what state I will be in for a meeting, but looking forward to the leadership planning opportunity. I would leave on the 15th in the late afternoon. Don’t have time for the hackathon, I am afraid. How does that sound?

It would sound much better to me if I were actually able to attend this year, but aside from that it seems like a decent schedule. You’re really pulling it tight by getting in Monday at 7:30am though! Sounds like it might be only for those expert travelers like yourself!

You are not attending??

Turns out I was able to move my final exam up to make myself available!! See you in Malawi!

+10

What are you studying?

1 Like

why not use Discourse for planning?

Masters of Public Administration, concentrating in health policy and management!

This is just the way we did it last year. Also, @christine made us a proper email address: For conference related inquiries, use malawiomrs17 [@] gmail.com

…or you could use an @openmrs.org one :wink:

I REALLY would love to. Would you be able to create one? I’ll then set ours up to forward to that one. Can we create one that would be used for each year’s conference?

OMRS [@] OpenMRS.org

@burke, would that work? I know we have a pricing structure with our Google apps and I want to make sure that wouldn’t affect it.

@jeffneiman What is the Conference Hosting city.Is it lilongwe or some other?

1 Like

I had the same question but when I see this The President Walmont Hotel, on the website I’m guessing it’s lilongwe

1 Like

@ivange94 Thanks ,now any info concerning travel return tickets accomodation and meals and other affairs.

For that see 2017 Implementers' Conference - Resources - OpenMRS Wiki, as for return tickets you may have to do that research on your own. You already know the city so getting flight information from your city to lilongwe should not be very hard. What I usually do is use https://flights.google.com to get an approximate flight cost and to get the actual cost I’d have to visit the airlines itself.

2 Likes

alright thas good thanks alot bro.

2 Likes