Welcome! Please introduce yourself.

intro
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f88c7332780>

(Kathryn Anderson) #2017

Hello, I am a rural community health nurse in Tanzania. My clinic is considering OpenMRS as an EMR for the clinic. However, we do not have IT personnel here, and my computer skills are basic. How difficult is it to set up a basic clinic setup of OpenMRS? Is there someone in Tanzania already using it for clinical purposes that I could speak with? Thanks for any help in advance! I’m excited to join this community!

(William Zhang) #2018

@katie1rvcv Welcome to the community! I would suggest trying out the demo here to get a feel of what the application is like, and then choosing one of the out-of-box OpenMRS distributions here that doesn’t require programming knowledge.

(Abhinav Vadhera) #2019

Hello Everyone , I am Abhinav from New Delhi ,India and relatively new to open source development. I know android and java pretty well and was hoping to contribute towards one of your projects. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

(Herbert Yiga) #2020

heilo,welcome to the community kindly look at this link to get started https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

(Abhinav Vadhera) #2021

Will do that!

(Kathryn Anderson) #2022

Ok thank you! I will check out those distribution lists.

(Sudeep Rao) #2023

Hi everyone! My name is Sudeep Rao and I’m a Computer Science student studying in the US. I am experienced in front-end web development (HTML, CSS, JS, React) but more recently I have successfully branched out into developing iOS applications. I’m studying algorithm design and computational math and try to use my knowledge to build projects that help the wonderful world we reside in. I’m excited to be a part of the welcoming OpenMRS community and will work towards contributing to the amazing projects being developed.

(Nathan Ruhanga) #2024

Welcome @sudeeprao, many greetings from the community :slightly_smiling_face:. You may want to just get up-to speed with development by following this guide .

(Kartik Setia) #2025

Hi everyone! I’m Kartik Setia and I’m an Engineering Undergrad currently studying Computer Science Engineering in India. I know front-end web development technologies like HTML, CSS, JS, Angularjs, jQuery etc. I know a little bit of java as well. I want to contribute to OpenMRS and looking forward for GSOC 2019 as well. I’m excited to be a part of the Community which is trying to improve the world by writing codes.

Cheers!!

(Nathan Ruhanga) #2026

Welcome @kartset, happy to see you aboard.

Have you gotten chance to glance through https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Summer+Of+Code+2018 ? :slightly_smiling_face:

(Kartik Setia) #2027

Thanks @ruhanga, and yes I went through https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Summer+Of+Code+2018. Can you help with picking up any easy to start with project or bugs so that I can be fimilar with the projects and OpenMRS flow and can ultimately pick up a project?

(Nathan Ruhanga) #2028

Here is a good way to start,

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer :slightly_smiling_face:

And where it sounds strange, don’t hesitate to inquire.

(Kartik Setia) #2029

(Chimwemwe Chinamale) #2030

Hie am Chimwemwe Chinamale. 4th year undergraduate in urban planning and spatial information systems from Malawi. Interested in contributing to open source projects. :slight_smile: beginner in web apps development

(Nathan Ruhanga) #2031

Glad you are here @chimwe and welcome to the life saving communiy, this here may be good for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Jeff Hummel) #2032

Hi, I’m a physician with several decades of experience using EHRs reporting for population health on a large number of different conditions. I’m particularly interested right now in what technologies can be used for population health in refugee camp settings to track who the people are in a camp with chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension and asthma. I’m wondering if anyone has experience using cell phones for storing patient data such as problem lists, medications lists, allergies, immunizations and vital signs.

(Krizhan Mariampillai) #2033

Hey everyone! My name is Krizhan and I’m a student at the University of Toronto. I am excited to be a part of this community and really look forward to it. The reason I decided in joining this community is two-fold: to learn more about open-source projects and develop my skills, whilst contributing to a project which I believe really makes a positive impact in society. I’m really easygoing, so if anyone wants to talk, just send me a message anytime!

(Chimwemwe Chinamale) #2034

thanks @ruhanga :slightly_smiling_face:

(Rupesh Jha) #2035

Welcome to the community @krizhan and @jeffhummel .

(Imoh Noah) #2036

Hey everyone, I’m Imoh Noah. I currently work as a Software Developer for a bank in the US. I have been working with Java for 5+ years. I mostly work on back-end technologies. I just came across OpenMRS and I’m intrigued to learn more about it and see what ways I can help.

I am going through the “Getting Started as a Developer” page to setup my environment and learn more about the application.