Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello everyone!

My name is Vicky. I am a student studying Computer Science at Metropolitan State University of Denver in Colorado. This is my first time being a contributor to an Open Source project. I am looking forward to contributing to the OpenMRS project in anyway that I can possible. I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge and experience as well as adding value to this very worthwhile Open Source Project.

I am a full-time student. I am married and we enjoy engaging in the various outdoor activities here in our beautiful state.

I am excited about this wonderful opportunity to be a valuable contributor and to learn how this process works.

Thank you, Vicky Lym

Hi, I am Said… a senior CS student. our capstone project is to contribute to OpenMRS.

openmrs introduction

Hello everyone!

I’m Jonathan Grant, a senior at the Metropolitan State University of Denver pursuing a double major in Computer Science and Mathematics with a concentration in Probability and Statistics.

In addition to solving problems with the tools of logic, I also enjoy hanging out with cats, cooking, playing video games, and learning cool new stuff. I look forward to being a part of the community!

@javamrsvlym, @arcturas1 and @srobley you are welcome to the community. Follow this link to get started https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer to get started .

Hi. I am Courage Angeh and interested in contributing to the community through RGSOC I am new to the community and i am going through the getting started as a developer but i encountered the following error.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

My name is Shruti Singh. I am a fourth-year undergraduate student from India. I am doing engineering in Computer Science. I have been involved in web development for more than two years. I’ve worked with technologies like JavaScript ( AngularJS), typescript ( Angular 4), Java ( Servlets) and C++.

I got to know about “Bahmni” through Outreachy 2018 project list. As Outreachy is a great platform for engaging women in the open source world, I am very excited to participate in it. I really like the project idea and concept of Bahmni and I want to contribute to this wonderful organization.

Regards, Shruti Singh

Hi! My name is Ryan, and I am currently in my senior year of college. I am taking Senior Project (Capstone) this semester, and my professor, @howardf64, suggested that I should come into this thread and introduce myself. I am excited to be a part of this community. Have a great day!

Welcome to the community feel free to interact with other members on IRC chat and talk. This link will be of help https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

Hello,

My name is William, I am in my senior year of university. My goal is to contribute to a humanitarian open source repository. I hope that I can make some meaningful contributions throughout the upcoming months.

Regards, Will

Hello, my name is Tyler Bowling. I am a 5th year undergraduate senior and my major is computer science. I am working on a senior project and I hope to help make contributions to OpenMRS.

Welcome @shruti9520. You might also want to introduce yourself on the Bahmni discussion board (which is a category within the OpenMRS boards): Welcome! Please introduce yourself to the Bahmni community

1 Like

Hello! I’m Erma. I’m a sophomore student from Indonesia. I’ve already gotten in love with OpenMRS, because of how meaningful it is to give impact to humanity. It’s on the same direction with my purpose of life to be helpful for society. But i’ve never been in any open source projects. So this is my first step in open source world. And i’m heading to get to know more deep about OpenMRS and how to contribute through GSoC 2018. Need more guidances and inspirations to go forward! :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

I am Jegasingam Jeyanthasingam. I prefer calling me “singam”. I am a final year undergraduate student at the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. Further, I am a student member in professional bodies like BCS and CIMA. I am very glad that I joined OpenMRS team.

During the internship, I worked in Virtusa Pvt. Ltd. There I worked in the technologies like Java, Spring-Boot, Microservices, MySql, Hibernate, Hystrix, Consul, Zuul, JSON etc… I liked to take part in OpenMRS community since the technology is quite familiar to me that I can make a considerable contribution to the community.

Other than this tech interests, I have diverted interests in many fields. So I like to make some good friends in this community. Anyone wishes to get in touch with me please feel free to drop me msg.

Since I am new to this community, I would really appreciate any tips to be supportive in this community.

blog: https://medium.com/@jegasingamjeyanthasingam

linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/jegasingam-jeyanthasingam-7a53bb109/

Cheers :slight_smile:

Hello everyone,

Greetings to the OpenMRS community from Maharashtra, India.

I am Sumit Tamgale, a senior undergrad student in Computer Science and Engineering. I’m hoping to start contributing to this awesome project through GSoC 2018. Since the time I started browsing OpenMRS’ website, I’ve gained lot of curiosity and fascination towards the usefulness and scope of the project. One of the reasons I grew such affinity towards OpenMRS is because my skill set and interests totally align with the languages and technologies used here, such as Java, Spring, MySQL, hibernate. I have worked on a project in an internship program last year which used all of these technologies.

Perhaps I went into a little too of much details for an introduction. Anyway, hi to all and thanks for making me feel welcome. :slight_smile:

Feel free to say hi. Hi.

Hey everyone!

I am Smarita Sharma and I am currently doing my undergraduate studies at Vellore Institute of Technology.

Why Open-Source and OpenMRS:

I have been contributing to open source since the last 3 years. I started my journey with the Wikimedia Foundation and gradually got accustomed to the coding environment of an organisation. Apart from solving some quick bugs, one of my contributions had been added to the official Wikipedia page which is used by millions of people everyday. In the meantime I also learned about Github and the different ways I could contribute to reach out to a much larger community.

I have always wanted my contributions to help in the betterment of the people around me. In such a case what better way to help but contribute to a Github organisation with a similar aim!

About me:

I am 20 years old and I am from India.I love coding and it is what I do most of the time :grinning: I have worked on a few projects and have also taken part in few hackathons as well.I have a good grasp over web development and AI.

Some of my projects include:

• A research portal for my campus where all the teachers and students can submit their research papers.The aim of this project is to promote free flow of knowledge using the power of the internet.

• Created a Django web app which basically took in a product name and scraped the most recommended product details from E-commerce websites. I used web scraping techniques in python to fetch this info. The project used Django to link between the python backend and the UI.

Looking forward to working with OpenMRS :grinning:

1 Like

@smartyrad, @sumitbt, @bignyaga, @jsingam and @rhaerma welcome to the community feel free to interact with other members on IRC chat and Talk.

Hi all,

Greetings to all!

My Name is Ajay Ramesh. I am loving this community already! So well organized, so easy to get started. Docs, Docs, and Docs everywhere - pretty amazing. Thanks to GSOC for introducing me to this community.

Me - Software Engineer, MS in CS(IIT, Chicago). Intern in Panasonic, Former SE in Accenture.

Not just for GSOC, even after GSOC, let me make something meaningful to society now.

I am writing a proposal for OAuth module enhancements and SMART apps support.

@mavrk - I am currently understanding the requirement of the project. I have implemented OAuth protocol before using auth0. This project is of my interest and skill. I will get back in a week about my progress.

Cheers,

Ajay

1 Like

Hello I am Ruchika, a first time FOSS developer from India. Happy to be a part of this community

Hello everyone, My greetings to this family!! I’m Vidya from Sri Lanka. I’m doing my degree in Information Technology at University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I’m working on some projects and developing some applications at that time I have got to know about this wonderful community. I would like be a part of this and give my contribution to this community. Hope to work with OpenMRS:blush:

Hi @ajay and @ruchika8,

Welcome to OpenMRS Community.
Please look through this link for more guidance on how to start and contribute to OpenMRS. https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer.

1 Like