Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi all, I’m RD. I have little over a year of experience in app dev. Hopefully I’ll be able to contribute something cool to OpenMRS, can’t wait to get started.

Cheers

2 Likes

Hi all, I am Jatin working as a QA and test automation engineer in Bay Area, California. I am new to open source projects but would like to contribute to some awesome projects!

LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jatin-gupta-ph-d-bb531b10

2 Likes

Hey! I’m Adithya from India. I am currently pursuing Computer Science Engineering at PES University, Bangalore and I’m in my pre-final year. Right now I’m working on a project based on Bahmni. The project aims to improve life expectancy in rural India and enhance the livelihood of of all mankind.

4 Likes

That is awesome! What an honor!!!

Let me know if you need any materials or analytics - jeffneimanii [at] openmrs.org

That’s wonderful! Be sure to keep us in the loop and share your project when it’s completed. Let me know if you need anything!

Hi, I am Bill Acha from Cameroon. 4th year Undergraduate in Software Engineering in the University of Buea.
I’m currently working on a Spring-boot project for internship and want to extend my skills here too. Hope to have a rolacosta ride working with everyone.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, My name is Alexanader Capurro, I am a Chilen student of from the University of Concepción, I am studing Biomedical Ingeniering. I am interesting in learning and using OpenMRS. My undergraduate thesis is “informatization of prescription in the Critical Patient Area of the Hospital of Concepción”, Now the hospital is using a paper sistem of prescriptions, that takes a lot of time space and paper, my idea is to implement OpenMRS in the prescription sistem of the Critical Patient Area to improve it and making it better. In Chile the money that the State gives to public sistem is very low, so OpenMRS will be a exelent way to improve all the public sistem in my City and Country. Hope we can help each other and very happy to have the oportunity to work with people who care about others.

1 Like

Greetings, I’m Bo Brinkman, an Associate Professor of Computer Science and Software Engineering at Miami University. I’m participating in a program for faculty members that want to teach students how to contribute to humanitarian FOSS projects.

I’ve been in academia for 13 years, but before that I worked (briefly) at Cerner corporation on their ordering system.

I really appreciate the curated list of “intro” JIRA tickets. I’ve never done anything with Spring MVC or Velocity, but I think I’ve succeeded in fixing one … just need to wait for my JIRA access to be approved. :smiley:

4 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Getting JIRA access approved

Hello!

My name is Tom Healy. I am a new contributor to the OpneMRS community. I look forward to supporting OpenMRS.

The majority of my professional background is in Solutions Architecture, Project Management, and Business Development focused on imaging IT, eHealth, HIE, identity and access management, and population health. Technical skills include Java, Javascript, JSON, Ajax, CSS, HTML, XML, and SQL. I am currently learning Python. I have also worked on healthcare IT use case documentation projects.

This is my first open source project, so there is a lot for me to learn. I respect and am humbled by the efforts of open source contributors in healthcare. Thank you for letting me participate in the OpenMR initiative.

I look forward to collaborating with each of you…

5 Likes

Hi! My name is Jim Leist and I am a student at Christopher Newport University! Myself and a group of both graduate and undergraduate students are excited at the prospect of contributing to OpenMRS! We have experience in Java, Javascript, C++, HTML, and Python, among other languages. Thank you for being so welcoming!

2 Likes

Hello All

I am Sohail Islam. Currently working as Data Analyst at Red Hat. I am responsible here to build tools using R,Shiny and Python. Also enthusiast for Website Development and Designing. Very chilled out guy who loves to learn new things and new peoples. Here to contribute to OpenMRS mission in every possible way.

1 Like

Hello! I am Viran Malaka. I am an under graduate of University of Moratuwa, Department of Computer Science and Engineering. I really interested in web development and building app with java or some language like that. and the other thing is I always like to learn new things. Thanks

1 Like

Hey guys! Happy to meet you,

I’m called Mugoya Brian, I’m a student at Bugema University in Uganda doing Information Systems and in my second year. I’m new to open source development but I’m excited giving it a try.

I’m familiar with a few different languages (Java/JavaScript/Python/SQL/VB.NET) and have a general understanding of cyber security and soon i’ll be a qualified ethical hacker

Additionally, when I’m not playing around with code or reading/playing around with technology, I like playing football and basket. Am a good fun of watching movies. Hope I’ll find this place home with people I share with the same hobbies

1 Like

Hi! My name is Arunan. I am a computer science undergraduate and I would like start working with open source communities like openMRS. To get familiar with the project first I thought of translating the strings. But unfortunately my mother tongue Tamil is not listed under openmrs in transifex. Also I am fluent in java programming and a beginner level learner in spring framework. My interest in openmrs is in both contributing to the application and gaining knowledge in the process.

1 Like

Hello, I am Tim. I am a computer science major at Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA. We are working on this project as part of our senior seminar. We hope to contribute positively to the project.

1 Like

Hi, I am Pritam. I chanced on this platform while researching healthcare platforms. I love the work that is being done here. I am joining to contribute to the growth of the platform and community. About me, I was a Java & Oracle programmer prior to my move to Marketing & Product Management. I have have over

• 4 years experience in UX design of enterprise sales and marketing platforms as HFI certified CXA
  • 4 years product management & design experience.
  • 3 years of Service Management consulting as a certified ITIL Expert. I am looking forward to learn to manage and upgrade OpenMRS features and anything that the team expects me to support. Cheers.
1 Like

You are all Welcome,those new to the community please feel free to start here

1: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Home 2: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Introduction+to+OpenMRS thanks

1 Like

Hi I am Bhanu, I got to know about open mrs while searching for contributing to open source. I really liked the work being done here. I have joined to contribute to as well as learn from community.

I have experience on Java, Hibernate, Spring, JavaFx, JSF, JavaScript, Android.

Looking forward to contribute to the community.

2 Likes

Hello friends, I am wamalwa Juliet from Uganda, am interested in OpenMRS community and i look forward to learn and contribute to its projects.Blessed day to every one.

2 Likes