Welcome! Please introduce yourself

3 posts were split to a new topic: I filled out the Get Involved form, but no one has gotten back to me

2 posts were split to a new topic: Adding volunteers to the helpdesk

A post was merged into an existing topic: I filled out the Get Involved form, but no one has gotten back to me

Hi my name is Raj Pratim Bhattacharya I am 19 year old ,3rd year B tech student in Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Shibpur ,India . I am interested in IOT and machine leaning(AI more specifically) I have worked on Android Arduino NLTK, Python , Image Processing etc.My interest include making apps By combining Android Machine learning and IOT sensors also syncing them with a desktop app :sweat_smile: I have worked with Smart Health Care system Text classifications and IOT Smart Dustbins

2 Likes

Hi, I am Mohua. I have been in IT for 10 years. I have worked in different testing projects involving web based applications. I worked in selenium webdriver and Java. I would be interested to help in testing related work. Also, I would be interested to learn more.

2 Likes

Hi We currently in month one of three wrt trials.

Its early days and after analyzing the data and feedback from the three environment.

We currently see alot of focus on Real-time inpatient and outpatient notes e and management and integration with dragon naturally speaking. Security in cloud with kerio and iders WAF. Workflow variation in lab integration Integration with medical devices eghttps://www.openice.info/ and pax from Agfa. Biomedical waste management module Integrating with South African. X12 Translation into nine SA languages.

Hi

What do you require…ee need a demo for out African market aligned with clients needs as they arise. We can give you a bash on a real opportunity as part of out end initiatives online buy hosted in SA.

Regards Yao

please start here https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Home

1 Like

Hi everyone! My name is George Karway. I am from the Republic of Liberia, West Africa. I am a third year student studying Biomedical Informatics as the Arizona State University. I am presently working on a project for my honor class, and someone sent me the link of OpenMRS for finding more case studies for my project. While looking at the website, I was really amazed about how this organization is contributing to the healthcare systems around the world. Based on the visions and dreams of this organization, I decided not only to use the various important case studies, I have also decided to join this community and help make the visions come to reality. I joined this community this morning. As a new comer, I would like to learn more about this community and how I can get more involved. @michael, you talked about internship opportunities. I would like to get more information about those opportunities as well. I am planning to either travel back to my home country this summer, or go aboard for an internship. So I would appreciate if you can give me more information about the internship opportunities. I am very excited to be in this community, and I cannot wait to experience what this community has for me and what I can contribute to it.

1 Like

Hi @zkarway , Welcome! I work for Partners in Health and we have implemented a simple EMR, based on OpenMRS at Pleebo Health Center, Maryland County, Liberia. It is a pretty simple system that has the following features:

1. Patient Registration
  2. Print patient ID card labels
  3. Check-in
  4. Capture patient diagnosis
  5. Simple reports

If you would like to learn more about the system here is the link to our test system: https://poro.pih-emr.org/

Hope this helps. Cosmin

1 Like

Hi Everyone, I am Lydia a web developer from Alexandria, Egypt and I am now implementing Open MRS for a clinic in a slum area.

2 Likes

HI Lydia! Awesome to have you here. Let’s see how we can get you involved!

2 Likes

Hi All,

I’m currently working as a software engineer. I just want to do something because I can’t wait doing nothing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Let’s have some fun by doing something for others. Cheers…!

3 Likes

Hi, my name is Federico from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I have more than 10 years of experience in IT, from web development to IT Managment in different projects. I would like to get involved in the development of OpenMRS since it helps real people in real situations and it fits my interest in contributing to a open community. In the meantime I have the chance to improve my Java skills :slight_smile: .English is not my mother tongue; please excuse any errors on my part Thanks, Fede.

2 Likes

Hi @cioan, Thank you for the information. I am really glad to learn that at least an EHR system had been implemented in Liberia. I believe that a simple system is the starting point to the journey. I went to the link you sent above, but I was not able to get in. It said something about getting an administrative permission. Are you currently in Liberia?

Hello Everyone, I’m Oren Thomas. I discovered OpenMRS a few months ago and would love to learn all I can about it and contributing where possible.

I’m a software developer with over 10 years of professional experience, working for various organisations in Jamaica. I hope to learn enough to be able to utilize OpenMRS to improve the delivery of healthcare in my country.

2 Likes

Hello There, I’m Athyab. I’m an software engineering undergraduate in Informatics Institute of Technology affiliated to University of Westminster. I would like to utilize my knowledge and contribute to OpenMRS.

Regards

2 Likes

Hi, My name is May. I am a student from Dickinson College, Pennsylvania. My team is working on Open MRS as our senior seminar project.:grin:

2 Likes

Hey there, am a new comer in the community, glad to join this community. My background is computer science, continuing student though. Hope to learn more and contribute to the community more. Great to be here!!

2 Likes

Hi … my name is Mohamed Tharwat. I am a dentist and ehealth researcher and trainer. I studied IT, but never felt that I am a professional developer. I was always in other areas (like training and curricula design, IT healthcare research and evidence based medicine (EBM), Project Management, quality assurance). I have variable domain experience with regards to different healthcare sectors:

• reasonable experience in medical imaging (PACS and RIS)
  • good experience in healthcare management, hospital administration and workflow analysis.
  • good experience in medical transcription projects
  • moderate experience in surgical guided medical imaging.

Very organized person and have excellent managerial talents.

Moreover, I am practicing dentistry for more than 15 years.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mtharwat

3 Likes