Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello Everyone, am Maria Filomena, a fresh graduate from Makerere University. Have just got to learn about open MRS and am new in the line of technology but willing to learn new skills that will help in my career growth and mostly developing the open MRS program. Will be very grateful for all your support for i don’t know where to begin from.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Luckenson Antoine, originally from Haiti, and I’m thrilled to be part of this open and inclusive community as a developer. Contributing to projects that foster growth and collaboration within our community is both a passion and a privilege. I’m excited to join forces with all of you, sharing ideas and working together to create positive and meaningful contributions.

4 Likes

Thank You. I’m happy to be here. I’m an IT professional working for a Hospital in Nigeria. I’m trying to implement a cost effective HMS for the hospital. Thank You for creating this platform

2 Likes

var welcome = jsx.create(<h1>

You are wecome.

Mayo brahim

</h1>)

1 Like

Hey folks you all are welcome to this community. please do consider reading Guide for the New and Curious - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki and also go through all this thread messages

2 Likes

Hello, I am a software developer looking to contribute to OpenMRS in some spare moments. I have several years experience in Java, Spring, javascript, react and database development.

2 Likes

Hello here… its exciting to join this community that has/is seeking to improve health delivery through software. I look forward to getting up to speed with everything on-going and how I can become a contributor to the development and improvement of the products.

2 Likes

**Hello OpenMRS community! **

I am Bitum Felix, a computer enthusiast from Uganda, passionate about software engineering and leveraging technology to solve problems.

I am thrilled to learn, collaborate, innovate, and make a positive impact alongside all of you.

2 Likes

Welcome!

I’m also new here, already, I like it! …happy to journey with you! L

1 Like

Hello @bitum you are welcome at Openmrs kindly look through the Guide for the New and Curious - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

3 Likes

Thank you @mumberejoshua !

I look forward to learning more…!

2 Likes

Amazing… @bitum for any inquiries always feel free to ask here!!!

4 Likes

Thank you @njiddasalifu

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am Henry Korir, a passionate problem solver using code. The Openmrs tag “Write code, save lives” excites me since it is so novel to code and eventually solve a health problem. Joining this community is my beginning into understanding, sharing, and collaborating in EMR systems. I am confident in the journey since the community is resourceful and I look forward to contribute to it too.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Hello, I am Baluku Jockus a graduate of Economics at Kampala International University in Uganda.

I am very new to IT though I did a certificate in computer using some of the application.

Besides that, I am very passionate to study openmrs and by this I will request for guidance and be able to learn.

Thanks

5 Likes

Good afternoon all, My name is David Mendes, I have been working in Health Informatics since 1987. I’ve worked with different organizations in Portugal, Mozambique, East-Timor and Angola. I took my PhD in Artifical Intelligence applied to Health in 2014 in Universidade de Évora (Portugal). I have been working since 2015 in Universidade de Évora in AI applied to Elderly Care. I was now challenged to develop a dgital LCG (Labour Care Guide) according to recent WHO regulations. I want to develop it as an OpenMRS module applicable to remote care points with scarce IT penetration. So I will, in principle, develop its front end as a PWA using Typescript (at first approach using Angular or React).

I hope that everybody here, that can or want to help me, connects and provide me with whatever suggestions.

Yours truly, David Mendes

3 Likes

I am a passionate computer engineering student excited to contribute to OpenMRC, exploring brain-computer interfaces and mind control applications. With a strong foundation in neurophysiology and algorithm development, I am eager to make a meaningful impact on this cutting-edge technology and collaborate with like-minded individuals.

3 Likes

Hey ! I am Markus, 24 y/o computer science graduate from Hamburg University of Technology and full-stack developer at slashwhy in Hamburg. The company wants to explore the topic of health tech and allowed us some time to collect experience with open source medical software, in this case with OpenMRS :smile:

We will be allowed to invest a part of our work time to contribute :slight_smile: I always was a fan of OSS and am looking forward to contributing towards a good cause :slight_smile:

HMU for any questions and see you in the Repository :wink:

2 Likes

Hello OpenMRS Community,

I am a bioinformatics graduate who’s worked mostly as a software developer in the past year. Actually, I work for the same company as Markus, he posted just above me here :wink:

I am looking forward to spend some of my time contributing to this amazing project!

1 Like

Hello OpenMrs community, I am Bukenya Arthur. Clinical medicine graduate with a passion for computer programming and overall software development. I have a background of ICT and I am always looking to better my skills in Software development. I am greatful to having discovered Open MRS because it bridges both fields that l am passionate about to make people’s lives better while allowing room for career development.

@reagan, @mozzy Thanks for the insight . I am looking forward to journeying with you

2 Likes