Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Welcome sir

Thank you brother

Hello, I am Kitamirike Rogers, doing a degree in software engineering at Bugema University. In my skill set, I have Javascript/ Nodejs, MongoDB, Python, Mysql, CSS, HTML, VB.Net. The rest i will be learning as I continue with my course.

In my experience, I have mastered the skill of reading and understand “Error logs” and I think OpenMRS is going to add a new badge for trouble shooter and add levels only for me.

I have befriended code and am flexible to understand code in any high-level programming language.

1 Like

A huge Welcome @kitaroghope to the community :hugs:

The Fan Part: You can get started just by going through this :point_down:t6: :point_down:t6:

Guide for the New and Curious - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

3 Likes

hullo testing the accessibility of the open MRS platform

Hello everyone, I’m Shubhanshu Sharma, a final-year student pursuing a B.Tech course. I am excited to contribute to OpenMRS and dive into the world of open-source development. My goal is to participate in GSoc next year with OpenMRS. I am eager to start working with OpenMRS and make a meaningful contribution to their projects.

2 Likes

Hi, I am an engineering student and I am looking forward to be a part of such open source communities and grow my communication skills and be an able contributor to the community

Hello everyone, my name is Joseph, I live in Mukono, Uganda and I’m studying software engineering, and I’m really pumped to be a part of the OpenMRS community.

1 Like

Hi my name is santosh timilsina. i am from nepal. i want to contribute to the opensource this is my github

1 Like

You are most welcome dear kindly take a look at the

Guide for the New and Curious - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

1 Like

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I am Zufar Sunagatov.

I am a Senior Software Developer based in London. I am developing distributed systems using Java, Kotlin, AWS, Kubernetes technologies. Now I am actively developing my skills and knowledge in the field of AI, Distributed Systems, Blockchain.

Also I share my experience and knowledge in my IT telegram channel, write articles on IT topics, act as a speaker on popular YouTube channels, and build my dream startup.

I would love to get to know all of you!

Best regards, Zufar Sunagatov

3 Likes

Hi guys :smile:,

My name is Malindu Nimalsiri. I am a Software Engineer at a home automation company based in Sri Lanka. I really love to contribute to open source projects. I believe my skills will be helpful when working with OpenMRS. I am willing to participate in GSoC next year with OpenMRS. I would like to get to know all of you.

Thank you :heavy_heart_exclamation:.

4 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Daphine Nalule and based in Uganda. Having done my internship with METS, I became enthusiastic about the different opensource software out there when I interacted with UgandaEMR which is built on top of OpenMRS. I was thrilled with this great experience and thus accelerating the excitement I have to save lives through code.

OpenMRS Community,

I’m Muhammad Haaris, a software developer with three years of experience in Cloud-based HR SaaS applications. Hailing from Sindh, Pakistan, I am passionate about learning and working with health-related systems. My goal is to merge global eHealth systems with blockchain technology to enhance data integrity, interoperability, and patient empowerment. I am excited to collaborate with the OpenMRS Community in revolutionizing healthcare technology.

Looking forward to connecting with you,

Muhammad Haaris

1 Like

Hi OpenMRS community,

I am Dr. Chaminda Weerabaddana a Health Informatician from the Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka.

Excited to engage with the community as we are implementing our first OpenMRS based project in Sri Lankan state health sector.

Best regards,

Chaminda

1 Like

Hello OpenMRS Community,

My name is Abel Mestie Mekonnen, and I am thrilled to introduce myself as a passionate individual from Ethiopia with a strong background in healthcare and project management. I am reaching out to join the OpenMRS community and contribute to the exciting field of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) implementation.

As a medical doctor by profession, I have witnessed firsthand the transformative impact that technology can have on healthcare delivery. Throughout my career, I have been actively involved in projects aimed at improving healthcare systems and patient outcomes. Currently, I hold the position of a project manager for an EMR implementation project, where I am responsible for overseeing the successful integration of electronic medical records in a healthcare setting.

My experience as a project manager has honed my skills in coordinating cross-functional teams, managing resources, and ensuring the timely completion of project milestones. I am well-versed in understanding the unique challenges and complexities involved in implementing EMR systems, and I am passionate about leveraging technology to enhance healthcare services in resource-limited settings.

Joining the OpenMRS community aligns perfectly with my professional aspirations. I am eager to contribute my knowledge, skills, and insights to collaborate with like-minded individuals who are dedicated to advancing healthcare through open-source solutions. I firmly believe that by working together, we can develop innovative solutions, address healthcare disparities, and make a positive impact on the lives of millions of individuals around the world.

I am excited to engage with the OpenMRS community, learn from the wealth of expertise present within the community, and actively contribute to the development and improvement of OpenMRS. Together, I am confident that we can shape the future of healthcare and drive positive change in the global health landscape.

Thank you for considering my introduction. I look forward to connecting with fellow community members and embarking on this remarkable journey with OpenMRS.

Warm regards,

Abel Mestie Mekonnen (MD)

1 Like

Hi Everyone, I am Ravi, India. I am working as software engineers ( Quality) in a company who develops software for medical devices. I have overall 20+ years experience in software industry and now i am practicing Software Product Owner role. I have completed SAFe PMPO certification. I would like to contribute OpenMRS team as a software product Owner, this helps me to practice product owner role as well as contribute my long industry experience in a medical domain.

Thank you for considering my introduction. I look forward to connecting with fellow community members and embarking on this remarkable journey with OpenMRS.

Please provide me the process to join OpenMRS community, learn and contribute as a Product Owner. Thank you, Ravi C.

1 Like

Hey OpenMRS Community,

Once again my name is Daphine Nalule and would love to share my GitHub profile with you.

Here is a link to my GitHub account: :point_right: Daphne210 (Daphne) · GitHub

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am Rohit from India. I am a student pursuing engineering with a strong desire to create impact in the healthcare sector. I am very much inspired by OpenMRS’ mission and would love to help through open source contributions. I am in my early stages of open source journey and want to build up my skills from the experience. Feel free to reach out. Here is my github RR979 · GitHub

Hello welcome you all for joining OpenMRS, consider reading through Guide for the New and Curious - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki and also the chat messages to gai some experiences. Consider asking questions for its the best way to learn about the community faster.

2 Likes