Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello everyone. My name is Vahid Hussain Ansari and I’m a student of Electronics Engineering at Rajasthan Technical University, Kota (India).

I’m a front-end developer specializing in React, JS, CSS and HTML. Looking forward to participating in GSOC and contributing to OpenMRS this year!

Hi, I’m Ashish Soni, a React developer. Excited to contribute to your open-source projects and collaborate with your community for GSOC 2023. Let’s work together towards a common goal!

hello @vahidhusyn we are excited to have you around take a look at the guide for the new and curious to guide you

1 Like

hello @saurabhshukla we are excited to have you, well have you had a chance to look at the guide for the new and curious OpenMRS wiki

hey @sonii good to be having you here with us please take a look at the openMRS guide

Hi, I am Njidda Salifu from Cameroon. Undergrad computer software engineering student. Aspiring nodejs developer. I am interested in begginning my open source contributions to this wonderful org openMRS and also work with openMRS during gsoc2023 and after gsoc to help me improve my sofware enginnering skills and master the developement scope.

hello @njiddasalifu nice having you here try the guide for the new and curious and the Gsoc interested - contributors for more information

Thanks @agabaderrick for showing the new guys around, kindly use this link Guide for the New and Curious - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

1 Like

thanks @mherman22

@kabirsidana @isurugunarathne @raeska @havre @juliet @ayushmishra @saurabhshukla @vahidhusyn @sonii @njiddasalifu welcome to the community and glad to see you interested in GSoC. Did you take a look at ? Interested Contributors, Get Ready for GSoC 2023 and Summer of Code 2023 - Resources - OpenMRS Wiki

1 Like

Hi there! I’m Abdullah Al Noman, a passionate software developer with a strong proficiency in JavaScript and React.js. I’m proud to have contributed to open-source projects, including Material UI and React docs, and achieved the level 4 contributor status on Hacktoberfest 2022.

With 5+ completed projects and ongoing contributions to open-source projects, I have honed my skills and gained hands-on experience with various technologies and frameworks including Express.js, MongoDB, Git, Firebase, and Material UI.

I take pride in my ability to tackle complex problems and break them down into manageable pieces. My recent project, a CRUD form application, was a great opportunity to showcase my expertise in MongoDB, Express.js, and React.js. I deployed my own API to enable form submissions, and the data is stored in the MongoDB database.

As a team player, I have gained valuable experience working with others through my role as a College Ambassador at Silswa. I collaborated with 150 college ambassadors to share notes and educational content with an 800,000-strong student community.

In my free time, I enjoy playing video games and gardening. Problem-solving is a personal passion of mine, and I frequently engage in coding challenges on online judges like Codeforces, LeetCode, and HackerRank.

If you’re looking for a dedicated and driven software developer with a passion for problem-solving and a proven track record of success, look no further. I’m eager to contribute my skills and experience to your team and help drive your projects to success.

Hi, I am Peter and completely new to this. Could somebody please point me to the right group to pose questions?

1 Like

Thank you @kdaud for welcoming us. I am going through documentation intended to enable developers to develop and deploy custom UI features for OpenMRS and follow some steps from your advice on what can you do to get ready for GSoC 2023 since I have already taken some actions. If they are any additional valuable advice or information you are sharing, I will be happy to listen to it

@havre did you take a look at the Next important Dates?

Thanks @kdaud for encouraging us and providing right material. I have gone through these resources. Right now I am checking content & resources related to Responsiveness & Tablet-based Needs for OpenMRS 3. Also excited to attend OpenMRS webinar on 2 March!

Yes, @kdaud . Thank you for looking out. I have bookmarked it

Welcome @peterwambua13452 to the community. Feel free to post questions at OpenMRS talk forum, +New Topic button will do for you the job.

@nomandhoni did you take a look at? Summer of Code 2023 - Resources - OpenMRS Wiki

1 Like

Thank you am new here am try to set up merven and I just run the following command but got an error = mvn openmrs-sdk:setup

Where do I post errors I encounter while running or setting up openmrs?