Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi everyone!

My names is Jessie and I am a senior at Dickinson College. I would like to start contributing to this project. I really like the goal and vision of OpenMRS and can’t wait to start contributing to a better future.

Looking forward to working with everyone.

We are glad to have you. I hope you looked at this https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

Hello OpenMRS folks!

I am Ashutosh Padhy from India, pursuing my final year Bachelor’s studies. I have some experience with web development and some coding experience in Java but have never done any Spring related projects so far. Looking forward to contribute to OpenMRS as my first open-source project. I have gone through developer docs a bit. Would love to have someone mentor me to get started :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone :slight_smile: i’m happy to join the openMRS community as i selected it over many other healthcare ERP’s.

Hello Everyone,

I am Patricia Soueid. I work as a Business Analyst for a Hospital Information System. I am interested to know more about OpenMRS and I hope i will be able to contribute to the platform.

1 Like

Hello everyone. I am Manish I am a student and I love Android app development. Please Help me How to start a contribution to the project, please guide me on how to getting start contribution. Please help. Thank you Manish

Hello everyone, I’m Ankit kumar from India. I would like to contribute in the projects. I have some experience in java and android development. I’m looking forward to work together.

1 Like

@manish @theanandankit, welcome to our community you can have a look here to get started with contributions !! https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

@saurabh Thank you so much reply (It help). For Android project (https://github.com/Marvel999/openmrs-contrib-android-client) prosses for the step will same as you given link doc for setup.

Welcome to community @theanandankit Happy coding!! Manish

1 Like

Hi all, my name is Shining and I am quality analyst at Thoughtworks, where I learned this project. Nice to meet everyone here.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. I am Dr Umar Muhammad Sani, a medical practitioner, from Nigeria

I got interested in electronic health records for quite some time now and am helping to spread awareness to help hospitals migrate and integrate in some parts of Northern Nigeria. I found OpenMRS simply amazing.

Though am not a programmer or any IT person, am just a clinician with passion for electronic health records, but i work with a team of IT experts.

We are working on a huge project for a center that will fully implement OpenMRS soon.

I am glad to be here and i hope we shall collectively work together for the good of humanity.

Thank you all

2 Likes

You are welcome to openmrs

Hello! I am Gabriel Mbaiorga a software developer, solutions designer, and a graduate from Abuja- Nigeria. I have experience working and supporting software development teams. I would love to contribute to the OpenMRS project onwards from this day because I have always wanted to use my knowledge in solving a problem that saves lives and I think I have found in OpenMRS what I need. I love reading, traveling, and working out when I am bored.

1 Like

Hello OpenMRS team!. I am Dr. Nischith Shetty from Bangalore, India. Professionally I am a medical practitioner specializing in Medical informatics and have been involved in developing software to make medical care more accessible through ‘clinical process automation’. Looking forward to use and contribute to this wonderful open source platform. My complete profile can be found at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/njshetty

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello OpenMRS community! My name is Richard Quiloan and I am a computer science grad student at CSUDH in Southern California. I’ll be honest, introducing myself here is part of an assignment, but seeing all the different members with such interesting backgrounds and passion for open source software and/or the healthcare industry has inspired me to join you! I don’t have much real-world programming experience yet, but I hope to gain new skills and become a productive member of OpenMRS. Cheers!

4 Likes

Hello all. My name is Brian and I am just exploring for now, but I applaud you all for joining in on a project with such humanitarian implications. The world needs this! Also great work on creating such a smooth new-user experience, existing team!

3 Likes

My name is Hilario Balajadia and I like long walks on short beaches and short walks on long beaches. I offer technical support at a school district during this time with all the distance learning, and I can’t wait to see what developments there are.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Chen Wei, Hsu. Nice to meet all of you. I just start learning with open source. Feel free to ask me questions.

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Grzegorz and want to introduce myself:) I work in electronic service team and now I’m learning Java language.

best regards to All

2 Likes