Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Welcome @trulyl1ar to OpenMRS community :smiley: You can look into our New Community Guide for general information about our community Seeing your interest in GSoC this year, you can have a look Guide Lines For Interested GSoC-2021 Students

Hello everyone,

It’s my pleasure to be here. my name is Ebuka John. I started developing Extending OpenMRS forms few months back and I feel joining this great community will help me meet mentors that will ease my learning curve. I am open to learning and making friends.

Hi @smarthech,

Welcome to OpenMRS. Good to have you here. You can look into our New Community Guide for general information about our community. Our Product Dashboard and Community Engagement Dashboard give insight into some of our community’s current initiatives. And we have a number of different guides that might suit your needs, whether you are a developer , an implementer, or a user.

To get an idea of what’s going on each week, please see our Events calendar .

Hello, My name is Mohamed Djibrilla. I have good knowledge of Java (Spring framework,hibernate and JSP). This is my first time in open source. I want to work on the “Smart on FHIR”. I have gone through the requirements and working on a first draft for review. Any relevant link or topic(s)is highly welcomed. Thanks

Welcome @djibrillamohamed to our community. :grinning: You can look into our New Community Guide for general information about our community. For FHIR ,Good introductions can be found in this post, in this slide show or this video.

Hi @djibrillamohamed, In addition to what @nkumar rightly said. It might interest you to have a look at this first.

Guidelines for Interested GSoC-2021 Students

@djibrillamohamed Welcome to OpenMRS! please check out Docs of SMART App Launch Framework. Moreover you can also visit the SMART app docs. Please free to ask questions.

Hello everyone, my name is Sun Yifeng and I am such honored to be here looking forward to join the GSoC program and to contribute to the community. I am currently a junior student in Northeastern University (China) and majoring in Software Engineering. My current field is relevant to medical image recognition, I also have developed a simple individual hospital information system as school project using Vue, Spring Boot and MyBatis. I am familiar with linux and git operations, and have developed app on other platforms too, such as apple iOS and android. I am so glad to join you as the community, and would be more than obliged if I could be enrolled in the GSoC. Any suggestions are welcomed, thank you all!

Hello @yifeng! Welcome to the OpenMRS community. You can follow this Beginner’s Guide to get started as a developer and have a look at Guidelines for Interested GSoC-2021 Students .

All the best :+1:

Hello Community, I have a couple of questions. 1) I tried log in with my ID in the issues tab… The system is refusing the access… Any idea why? 2) for the Smart on FHIR implementation, should one go ahead with the HAPI-FHIR library or concentrate on the Open Web Application implemented in the documentation? 3) Can someone throw more light on the Keycloak usage… Since the authentification is done through OAuth2?

Hello I think I can respond to your first question. If you want to acces the issues you have to send a special request. This is to avoid spam. You should look for the Jira registration link and submit a request there.

Hello @djibrillamohamed, In addition to @bejanut.

We already have SMART-on-FHIR module for it. Please check this out.

Yes, you are right. We are using Keycloak as an Authentication Server. check out the docs. Moreover, we also need to implement some more feature to keycloak, so we created GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-contrib-keycloak-smart-auth and GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-contrib-keycloak-auth: A plugin for Keycloak to authenticate users against the OpenMRS data store.

I hope this will be helpful.If you have more doubts, please create a new topic, as this topic is for introduction purpose only. :sweat_smile:

Thanks @bejanut

Thanks @theanandankit

Hello everyone,

I am looking to work on some of the issues on jiira, however the one’s I am seeing appear to be already assigned or have others working on them.

Is there an administrator here who could direct me to any open tickets that are “ready for work”? I would also like to know how does one get assigned to one of these issues.

hi @petersalluta on Jira there are multiple filters on the top of any Issue you can check them out, for example, all the unassigned issue can be seen by:

thank you @nkumar. I checked out those filters but it seems those issues had persons already working on them when I read the comments section.

@petersalluta, if have confusion that someone is working on the unassigned issues, you can ask the issue reporter or designer in the comments.

hey I am Hillary Kimote from Uganda new to this community …am interested in the development and I will be grateful to be guided on how to begin

Hello @kimote ! Welcome to the OpenMRS community. You can follow this Beginner’s Guide to get started as a developer. All the best :+1:

1 Like