Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi!! I’m Piumal Rathnayake from Sri Lanka. Currently, I’m an engineering undergraduate at the University of Peradeniya Sri Lanka. I saw some of your great projects on GitHub and in some blogs. So I’m delighted to join OpenMRS and looking forward to contribute as a developer.

Thank you

2 Likes

Hi!! I am Gaurav Kumar from India. I am a CSE graduate student at Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology. I was looking for some projects to contribute and came across your interesting projects on GitHub and through some blogs. I am delighted to join OpenMRS and looking forward to contribute as a developer to the android projects. Any help from your guys would be very helpful.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Helping with QA

Hello @piumal1999 welcome to the community.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am Naman from India. I am an undergraduate of department of Computer Science and Engineering at Punjab Engineering College,Chandigarh. I am passionate computers science undergraduate who likes to find technical solutions for day to day problems. I have a keen interest in web development, and spring framework and prior coding experience in languages like Java and C++ . I would like to work on the projects of OpenMRS and hopefully apply my candidature to this year’s Google Summer of Code (GSoC-2021). Looking forward to all your support and guidance.

1 Like

Hello @nkumar! Welcome to OpenMRS!

Do take a look at GSoC 2021: Warm up practices for students to get things started.

2 Likes

Hi My name is Nikita. I will be joining the microfrontends team in the next weeks.

1 Like

Hi Everyone, I’m Jon Watts, I lead a social enterprise largely based out of Cambodia. We are looking to integrate OpenMRS into a private social network platform for an NGO we work with.

We’re looking to bounce ideas off people or get some consulting on how to implement a ‘provider management’ solution with multinational support. Our focus is largely electronic medical records for NGO members who move between locations and continents fairly frequently as well as the opportunity to support field clinics of different types.

Jon

1 Like

Hi, I’m Manjot Sidhu, I am a passionate Computer Science student pursuing bachelors at CHRIST University, Bangalore, India. I am looking forward to contribute to OpenMRS.

1 Like

Hello @manjotsidhu! Welcome to OpenMRS! Do check this out to get started.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I am “Kirishikesan Kannan”, aka “Krishi”. I am a Computer Science Undergraduate in University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I’ve always been fascinated about Open Source contributions and I would love to contribute to OpenMRS and get to know the community. I am also trying for GSoC 2021. I am pleased to see such an active and a friendly community. Hope to get to know you through our journey. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

@kirishikesan You’re warmly welcome to the community. :hugs:

2 Likes

Hello I’m Clement Bempong Danso, from Ghana.

Welcome @quoda to the community. Enjoy your stay here :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Everyone! I am Lasal and I super excited to join the OpenMRS community.!!!

I am a first-year student in an artificial intelligence and data science bachelor program. I first started to code with basic web languages like HTML and JS and CSS. Now I am starting picking up more languages on the way.

I am very eager to contribute to the OpenMRS community by writing code, and it is my first time ever joining a developer community like this. So I will be very thankful if anyone could give me a pointer as to something that I can do. I have some knowledge on Python, ReactJS, Node, PHP, and JS. I hope I will soon be a very active member of the community. And I am willing to learn new languages or frameworks if it helps in tackling certain problems.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! kindly follow this link to get started. Just in case you need help feel free to reach out to the community members through TALK, IRC or slack channels.

Good to have you @kirishikesan

@lasaljayawardena + @quoda

You’re most welcome dears. :hugs:

hello, my name is Mwesigye Giles. I am in my first year of engineering and I’ve been doing some python and C++ programming which i find very fascinating especially the machine learning applications of python and some django. I am hoping to meet and interact with fellow programmers and be part of a community since this is my first developer community. thank you

1 Like

We are glad to have you in the community! kindly follow this link https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer to get started. Just in case you are stack, feel free to reach out to the community members through Talk, IRC or slack channel.