Following the Official Announcement For GSOC2021 by Google ,
GSoC 2021 timeline:
- January 29, 2021 - Organization Applications Open
- February 19, 2021 -Application Deadline
- March 9, 2021 - Organizations Announced
- March 29, 2021 - April 13, 2021 - Student Application Period
- April 13, 2021 - May 17, 2021 - Application Review Period
- May 17, 2021 - Student Projects Announced
- May 17, 2021 - June 7, 2021 - Community Bonding
- June 7, 2021 - August 16, 2021 Coding Period
- August 31, 2021- Results Announced
please see the full Timeline here .
As students wait till March 9, 2021 For OpenMRS to be announced officially as a mentoring organisation , they can start to work on the Warm-up practices for GSoC 2021.
Warm up practics for GSoC 2021
- If you are new to OpenMRS, spend some time to understand the OpenMRS and its usages around the world.
- Install OpenMRS Reference application with modules and get familiar with the OpenMRS SDK .
- Start to learn about OpenMRS architectures and module development techniques .
- Read Developer Guide , Getting Started as a Developer , and ask others in the community if you have questions.
- Learn about OpenMRS Pull Request tips, How to send a Good Pull Request and coding standards.
- Go through the OpenMRS JIRA , and start to work on some tickets. We preferred to work on #community-priority tickets, which can be found Get in OpenMRS JIRA.
- Help to finish the tickets which are waiting for the next Ref App or Platform releases .
- Be active on OpenMRS talk forum, and help others to solve their issues regarding developments, testings, and deployments.
- Go through the past projects to get ideas about the kinds of projects we’ve supported in the past:
- Achieve /dev/1 status. (earn the /dev/null badge and then earn the Smart Developer badge by passing the quiz ).
- Do some code reviews . Reviewing code from others is one of the great ways to learn the OpenMRS code base.
- Do more and more to live with OpenMRS Enjoy …!
Java based projects (Few are mentioned here, you can get more from JIRA)
- System Administration OWA
- Add On Manager OWA
- Built-In Reports OWA
- React UI Components
- Cohort Builder OWA