Updating the OpenMRS Radar for 2020

The last time we updated the OpenMRS Radar was 2018 - and a lot has happened since then. We’d like to have this updated by the end of March, so we plan to use an upcoming Technical Action Committee time to review and update the radar data.

Who can join? Any developers or implementers with opinions about and experience with our tech stack are encouraged to join. That said, we do need at least 4-5 devs present in order to move this ahead.

Vote for 20 March or 27 March using the poll below:

• Friday, March 13 at 8:30pm IST | 6pm Nairobi | 3pm UTC | 11am EST
  • Friday, March 20 at 8:30pm IST | 6pm Nairobi | 3pm UTC | 11am EST
  • Friday, March 27 at 8:30pm IST | 6pm Nairobi | 3pm UTC | 11am EST

0 voters

Want to know more about our radar? Check out the OpenMRS Radar Wiki page for more information.

@burke @dkayiwa @mseaton @jdick @mksd @ssmusoke @k.joseph @angshuonline @mogoodrich @ibacher

1 Like

Hi @jennifer, where to add suggestions for new items to go on the Radar?

I would think just adding them to the spreadsheet is the way to go.

1 Like

@k.joseph & @christine,

The only item not completed for a new OpenMRS Radar is a community statement for Cucumber. Here is what we have now:

Cucumber is a tool for behavior driven development that executes human-readable test scenarios in order to validate that software does what is described in those test scenarios. Cucumber is being evaluated by the OpenMRS QA Team for testing OpenMRS.

Since this is all that is left, I went ahead and updated om.rs/radar with the new data, but haven’t made it official yet. Once you can review this entry, make any needed revisions within om.rs/radardata, and change the status to “done”, and let me know you’re done, then I can lock down the 2020 Q2 tab and we can officially publish an updated radar.

Cheers,

-Burke

2 Likes

Hey @burke, We reviewed the statement and I made some minor edits directly on the spreadsheet. I have also updated the status as done hence you can officially publish the updated radar. Thank you.

1 Like