The OpenMRS QA team is a new group that aims to establish a systematic quality assurance process for OpenMRS software products. The initial team formation and the first year’s scope for the team is graciously funded by Digital Square Notice C, and is tasked to set up a community acceptable automated end-to-end testing framework and tools which is community sustainable and will improve the overall quality of OpenMRS products.
Don’t We Already Do QA? Moving Us from Reactive to Proactive Quality Assurance
The QA team’s mission is to ensure the community release of quality OpenMRS software. We aim to achieve that mission by improving upon the current QA activities, which aim at finding bugs, to establish a proactive and systematic QA process within the community aimed at preventing bugs. This includes improving the overall QA process itself, the adoption of an automated test framework and tools, and the inclusion of implementers and stakeholders in the testing of our products. We aim to create the QA process so that it is adaptable to ensure continued use and implementation beyond our startup funding. The QA team has four major areas for the startup year:
The team’s goals are as follows:
- Sustainable and robust testing processes and framework.
- Foster a culture of quality assurance in developer and implementer practices.
- To produce high-quality OpenMRS products.
The team’s approach to establishing for this first year are to:
- Develop a portfolio of documented manual test scripts and anonymous data sets for testing the suite of OpenMRS products.
- Develop an automated End to End testing framework.
- Create and publish SOP for Implementer Acceptance Testing for software releases.
- A pilot test framework with OpenMRS release, and pilot SOP of implementer acceptance testing.
The OpenMRS QA Team
We are eager to engage any community member interested in joining the mission and leading various tasks to improve the QA program for OpenMRS.
These community members will be leading the initial QA team during this startup period:
- @christine , QA Technical Project Manager (TPM).
- @ivanc , QA Test Engineer.
- QA Test Engineer(To be shared soon).
- @janflowers and @jennifer, Management and Grant oversight.
Communication channels and information access
- Slack: https://slack.openmrs.org/ channel #qa_team
- Wiki: https://wiki.openmrs.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=229442591
- Talk: QA category
- Documentation: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JGv03ZqXY8C-nFkzbhllwCov4y7_d7vA
- Team Meeting Time: Tuesday 10:30pm IST | 8pm EAT | 7pm Cape Town | 5pm Accra | 12 noon Boston | 9am Seattle. To join the call by phone, dial +1-888-510-4073. To join the call using Audio, Chat, & Screen Sharing please use a compatible browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) and go to: http://www.uberconference.com/openmrs