Releasing to mavenrepo disabled on Feb, 18th, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. UTC

We’ll be migrating to a new maven repo on Saturday, Feb 18th, which entails inability to deploy releases from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. UTC. Please do not plan on doing releases during those hours as they will be rejected by mavenrepo.openmrs.org. SNAPSHOTs will continue to be accepted.

UPDATE: SNAPSHOTs will be rejected for a much shorter window (under 30 minutes). The repository will be returning 405 for rejected deploy requests.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Visit Nexus to Artifactory migration to read more about migration.

1 Like

Thanks @raff!

Our CI pipeline, which is automatically triggered on each commit, deploys snapshots to the Maven repo. Assumedly these will be rejected during that time frame?

That’s fine with me… if a build gets triggered during that timeframe and our build stalls, I have no concerns, and can just kick it off again when the migration is done. Does that work for you, or do you need our build to be disabled during that time period? Will we need do anything after the migration, or should things just start working again as normal?

Thanks again for doing all this… Take care, Mark

SNAPSHOTs will continue to be accepted so there’s no need to make any changes in your CI.

However, you may need to redeploy some SNAPSHOTs after the migration, if you observe any stale SNAPSHOTs manifesting in strange build failures. It can happen, if you deploy any SNAPSHOT in a much shorter window (under 30 minutes) after we copy artifacts from Nexus to Artifactory and before we switch the DNS entry.

Note I’ve updated the announcement. It makes more sense to reject SNAPSHOTs for the short period when we cannot guarantee they will be migrated over to Artifactory.

If any builds fail for that reason, just re-run them after migration is over. No need to make any changes in your CI.

We’ve just completed the migration, please let us know in case you run into any issues.

1 Like