Release Reference Application modules for 2.4 release

I just add that I’d prefer to keep devtest04 for demoing Android Client and OWAs. We are using it actively.

@darius, @michael has been trying to get the testing server page updated & maintained; however, It’s not quite up-to-date, especially wrt purposes/assignments. I’m trying to get us to our target of having these six dedicated machines for our CI process.

Goal

• Automated build, automated testing for validating commits
    • int-platform, int-refapp
  • qa (automated build, manual testing) for testing new & in progress features
    • qa-platform, qa-refapp
  • uat (manual build, manual testing) for testing releases
    • uat-platform, uat-refapp

Current status and TODOs

Unfortunately, we don’t have the ability to add new machines right now. I thought we already had a uat-refapp (uat02.openmrs.org) server since it was responding to pings with the same IP address for our uat-refapp. But, apparently, this is an artifact and the machine these DNS entries are pointing to isn’t actually available to us. That means that devtest05 is going to become uat-platform (uat02.openmrs.org).

That means that we need to decide if these devtest machines are higher priority than having a QA for the reference application:

@raff says he is actively using devtest04. @darius says we need to keep devtest00.

@darius, could you give up devtest03 for qa-refapp?

(The Help Desk has asked for us to appoint a “QA lead” to help coordinate these requests, rather than fielding a bunch of sometimes conflicting requests from different people. For now, given lack of an identified QA Lead for the community, I told them I would backfill this role, so let’s figure out what we want for our CI machines and I’ll take care of summarizing for the Help Desk)

@burke

Just a reference to a recent post I made in case you didn’t see it:

Unfortunately, it probably just makes things more complicated… right now, most new commits don’t show up on the int server, because it is mainly using non-snapshot versions of modules.

Mark

Can we include all the translations that are done in transifex for the modules, as part of the module released in RefApp 2.4?

I guess at this point we can free up the devtest03 server, since there is no longer active development on the Ebola system and we are no longer actively demoing it.

Give me some time (a week?) to make sure I can replicate the setup on digital ocean, and retrieve any good demo patients, and take some last screenshots.

-Darius (by phone)

Basically it’s too late for RefApp 2.4. (The ~30 modules were actually released back in March, without pulling in transifex translations.)

See this comment: