OpenMRS University - Intro to FHIR Webinar Series

Hi Everyone!

My name is Piotr Mankowski, and I’m a 3rd year PhD student at the University of Washington working with @janflowers and @lober .

For the past 2-3 years of my PhD work, I’ve focused on FHIR. I learned about the standard and related technologies, developed a couple of pilot projects based on the standard, and in general have been involved in building up the Seattle and UW FHIR community.

As part of this work, I’ve developed some tutorials and short presentations that introduce FHIR and demonstrate some of the standard’s uses. Since my dissertation project is shaping up around FHIR and OpenMRS - and since I’m really excited to both learn about OpenMRS and get to know the OpenMRS community - I thought I might do a couple of webinars that could introduce the OpenMRS community to FHIR and perhaps jumpstart some conversations on the opportunities this promising standard might provide for OpenMRS.

@jennifer suggested I could use the time set aside for the OpenMRS University Classroom - Wednesdays at 14:00 UTC. Here are my current thoughts on the first three tutorials, so let me know what you all think, and what other topics might be interesting!

Here’s the link of the current plan: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yxbsYu-nGUuSh6cDWXD310jc5rRoOH9h6o7_qsgruRg/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to comment on any part of the doc with any ideas you might have!

Also, I’m planning to start the first webinar either on 2019-08-14T07:00:00Z or 2019-08-21T07:00:00Z, and be on either a weekly or biweekly schedule.

I made a FHIR Webinar channel on the OpenMRS slack and created a quick poll to help me with these decisions, so fill it out when you get a chance!

Here’s the link to the poll if you need a shortcut: https://openmrs.slack.com/archives/CLRE36SG2/p1565036995000500

Hope to (virtually) meet all of you soon!

Cheers, Piotr Mankowski

4 Likes

@pmanko Welcome !

We look forward to the discussions and identify ways we can better support your work .

@pmanko thank you so much just keep pushing, this will help the entire community

@pmanko we are looking towards sharing ideas with on this.Thanks

@pmanko Welcome i will help with organizing the university sessions

3 Likes
1 Like