On 5 March 2015 at 19:00 UTC, the OpenMRS Implementers mailing list will be moving from Google Groups to OpenMRS Talk. In order to support the community’s growth, we are moving our communications to a single location to which our OpenMRS.org infrastructure team has full ownership. We’ve been using and improving OpenMRS talk for nearly a year, are excited about its possibilities, and are excited to have you join us there.
As a current subscriber to this mailing list, here’s what you need to do.
If you do not follow these instructions prior to 5 March 2015 at 19:00 UTC, you will no longer receive messages related to implementing OpenMRS.
Make sure you have an OpenMRS ID
- Sign up for a free OpenMRS ID at https://id.openmrs.org/ if you don’t have one.
- Make sure your primary email address is up to date: https://id.openmrs.org/profile
- If you forgot your password, go to: https://id.openmrs.org/reset
Sign in to OpenMRS Talk
- Visit OpenMRS Talk (you’re here now!) and click the “Log In” button in the upper right to sign in with your OpenMRS ID.
- Come back regularly to keep track of all the interesting conversations happening in the community! Learn some of the benefits in this topic:
Get email notifications by “Watching” the “Implementing” category on OpenMRS Talk
If you prefer to hear from other OpenMRS implementers by email, you still can!
- Go to https://talk.openmrs.org/c/implementing and click the round circle icon next to the “New Topic” button in the upper right.
- Choose “Watching” to get an email notification of every new post in this category.
- You can do the same for each category on OpenMRS Talk if you want automatic notifications.
Share with other implementers through the web or by email
- Create new topics using in the "Implementing "category on OpenMRS Talk at: https://talk.openmrs.org/c/implementing
- You can also continue to email email@example.com from your OpenMRS ID primary email address. After 5 March 2015 at 19:00 UTC, emails will be converted to topics in OpenMRS Talk’s “Implementing” category.
Need more information?
For more tips about using email with OpenMRS Talk, see this topic:
Thanks for joining us in this next chapter of our journey together!