OpenMRS 2.2 Release Management

OpenMRS 2.x releases are different than OpenMRS platform releases (like 1.11.0). Platform releases usually consist of alpha, beta releases and have Sprints to complete tickets in a short span of time. OpenMRS 2.x is a collection of modules and hence its release consists of releasing all the modules planned to be included in the 2.x release and testing if all of them function collectively.

In the case of 2.2, the release is planned on March 31st, 2015. Though the testing might not be as extensive as a Platform release, a user acceptance testing is necessary. This is scheduled around mid – March to Late mid – March. This is a very short period of time but for this to happen all the modules that are planned to be released in 2.2 need to be in a release ready state and we need your collective collaboration on making this happen.

NOTE: Release ready state means the module should be released in Nexus, and released in OpenMRS Modules Directory.

OpenMRS 2.2 Release Process

NOTE: This is an OpenMRS Talk “wiki-style” post. You can edit it by clicking the pencil icon in the upper right of this post near the date/time. This post will be constantly updated to indicate the state of the release process. People who make changes like releasing a module or any such information should please update this post with the status.

1. Included Modules

Following modules need to be in a release ready state - (In Progress) - Estimated Deadline: 15 March 2015

Note: The Points of Contact below have been mentioned based on the recent commits to the respective modules. If you have been mentioned as the point of contact, and are not sure if you are responsible for the respective module, you can update it by removing your name and updating it with the person responsible if you are aware of them.

Please keep the following items in this format: Module Name - Point of Contact - Status of Work - Work Description

Modules in Release Ready State:

1. providermanagement - @mogoodrich - Ready - No major changes excepting a git ignore file added after providermanagement-2.2 release. providermanagement-2.2 will be included in the release bundle.

2. calculation - @darius ,@mseaton - Ready - No major changes after calculation-1.1 release. calculation-1.1 will be included in the release bundle.

3. serialization.xstream - @mseaton - Ready - No major changes only some small cleaning changes done after serialization.xstream-0.2.7 release. serialization.xstream-0.2.7 will be included in the release bundle.unless the small changes are planned to be released by the deadline

4. reportingRest - @mseaton - Ready - Updated to support up to 1.12.x of openmrs-core. reportingRest-1.4 will be included in the release bundle.

5. atlas - @alexis_duque , @burke , @darius - Ready - No major changes after atlas-2.1 release. atlas 2.1 is in release ready state. atlas-2.1 will be included in the release bundle.

6. appframework - @darius - Ready - Released 2.3 to maven and modulus on March 2. appframework-2.3 will be included in the release bundle.

7. htmlwidgets - @mseaton - Ready - htmlwidgets-1.6.7 is release ready.htmlwidgets-1.6.7 will be included in the release bundle.

8. reporting - @mseaton - Ready - reporting-0.9.3 is release ready.reporting-0.9.3 will be included in the release bundle.

9. metadatasharing - @raff- Ready - metadatasharing-1.1.9 is release ready.metadatasharing-1.1.9 will be included in the release bundle.

10. metadatamapping - @raff- Ready - metadatamapping-1.0.2 is release ready.metadatamapping-1.0.2 will be included in the release bundle.

11. htmlformentry19ext - @mogoodrich -Ready - htmlformentry19ext-1.5 is release ready.htmlformentry19ext-1.5 will be included in the release bundle.

12. htmlformentryui - @mogoodrich ,@darius - Ready - htmlformentryui-1.2 is release ready.htmlformentryui-1.2 will be included in the release bundle.

13. namephonetics - @mseaton - Ready - namephonetics-1.5 is release ready.namephonetics-1.5 will be included in the release bundle.

14. idgen - @mseaton , @dkayiwa - Ready - idgen-3.2 is release ready.idgen-3.2 will be included in the release bundle.

15. dataexchange - @raff - Ready - dataexchange-1.3.1 is release ready.dataexchange-1.3.1 will be included in the release bundle.

16. metadatadeploy - @mogoodrich ,@darius - Ready - metadatadeploy-1.4 is release ready.metadatadeploy-1.4 will be included in the release bundle.

17. htmlformentry - @mogoodrich ,@darius - Ready - htmlformentry-2.5 is release ready.htmlformentry-2.5 will be included in the release bundle.

18. formentryapp - @darius , @raff , @cintiadr - Ready - Released 1.1 though it has no extra features, because the build wasn’t working with 1.0. formentryapp-1.1 will be included in the release bundle.

19. uiframework - @mseaton , @darius , @raff - Ready - uiframework-3.3.1 release is ready. uiframework-3.3.1 will be included in the release bundle.

20. uilibrary - @darius , Rowan Seymour - Ready - uilibrary-2.0.4 release is ready. uilibrary-2.0.4 will be included in the release bundle.

21. appui - @mogoodrich ,@darius - Ready - appui-1.3 released. appui-1.3 will be included in the release bundle.

22. coreapps - @cioan , @mogoodrich ,@darius - Ready - coreapps-1.5 is released. coreapps-1.5 will be included in the release bundle.

23. emrapi - @raff, @mogoodrich ,@darius - Ready - emrapi-1.5 is released. emrapi-1.5 will be included in the release bundle.

24. uicommons - @darius - Waiting - I released uicommons-1.4, and then 1.5. uicommons-1.5 will be included in the release bundle.

25. webservices.rest - @dkayiwa , @raff - Ready - webservices.rest-2.11 is released. webservices.rest-2.11 will be included in the release bundle.

26. event - @dkayiwa, @raff - Ready - event-2.1 will be included in the release bundle.

27. allergyapi - @wyclif , @dkayiwa - Ready - allergyapi-1.3 is released. allergyapi-1.3 will be included in the release bundle.

28. allergyui - @dkayiwa , @wyclif - Ready - allergyui-1.1 is released. allergyui-1.1 will be included in the release bundle.

29. registrationcore - @ddesimone , @darius , @raff - Ready - registrationcore-1.1.2 is released. registrationcore-1.1.2 will be included in the release bundle.

30. registrationapp - @ddesimone , @darius , @cioan , @mogoodrich - Ready - registrationapp-1.2 is released. registrationapp-1.2 will be included in the release bundle.

Modules still in progress:

1. referenceapplication - @wyclif , @mogoodrich ,@darius - Waiting for Release - OpenMRS Reference Application Distribution module has a dependency on referenceapplication-2.2-SNAPSHOT. referenceapplication-2.2 needs to be released in maven and modulus by the deadline. referenceapplication-2.2 will be included in the release bundle.

2. referencedemodata - @darius , @raff , @marioareias - Waiting for Release - OpenMRS Reference Application Distribution module has a dependency on referencedemodata-1.4-SNAPSHOT. referencedemodata-1.4 needs to be released in maven and modulus by the deadline. referencedemodata-1.4 will be included in the release bundle.

3. referencemetadata - @dkayiwa , @darius - Waiting for Release - OpenMRS Reference Application Distribution module has a dependency on referencemetadata-2.3-SNAPSHOT. referencemetadata-2.3 needs to be released in maven and modulus by the deadline.The last released version in modulus is referencemetadata-2.1.1 whereas in maven it is referencemetadata-2.2, might consider releasing referencemetadata-2.2 in modulus too. referencemetadata-2.3 will be included in the release bundle.

New modules/functionality planned to be released in OpenMRS 2.2

1. chartsearch - @k_joseph, @dkayiwa - Ready - chartsearch-1.2 is released. chartsearch-1.2 will be included in the release bundle.

2. appointmentscheduling - @mogoodrich - Ready - appointmentscheduling-1.3 is released. appointmentscheduling-1.3 will be included in the release bundle.

3. appointmentschedulingui - @mogoodrich - Ready - appointmentschedulingui-1.0 is released. appointmentscheduling-1.0 will be included in the release bundle.

4. Condition Lists - @burke - Not Being Included in OpenMRS 2.2 release - New functionality in emrapi.

Additional Items

1. Include latest CIEL concept dictionary - Ready - @maurya

2. Release and Deploy Platform 1.11.1 to devtest02.openmrs.org - @dkayiwa, @k_joseph would be testing it soon - (In Progress) - Estimated Deadline: 24 March 2015

3. Deploy OpenMRS 2.2 to User Acceptance Test - @maurya - Ready - Estimated Deadline: 24 March 2015

4. OpenMRS 2.2 UAT - @maurya - in Progress - Estimated Time: 25 March 2015 to 30 March 2015

Release

1. Release of OpenMRS 2.2 - @maurya - (Not yet Started) - Deadline: 31 March 2015
2 Likes

Hi @maurya, I will release Atlas 2.1 in Modulus quickly. Let me know,if something still missing or if I need to do something else. Cheers, Alexis

2 Likes

I will release chartsearch 1.2 which is what i plan to be released in 2.2 probably by next week but if it goes later, it will not be before the deadline, at-least days to it.

Thanks @maurya for your good work :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @alexis_duque for the prompt reply! Please feel free to change the status beside atlas as “Ready” when you release 2.1 in the modulus. Thank you for the good work! :smile:

Thank you @k_joseph for the prompt reply! I have faith in you, you will be able to release 1.2 by then :smile: thank you for looking into testing out 1.11.0!

1 Like

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is unpinned by staff for everyone, or by individual users for themselves.

The first post is also a wiki topic, which means any user can edit it by clicking the pencil :pencil2: icon in the upper right of the post near the date/time.

Holy â– â– â– â– . This is totally awesome! Way to plan ahead and be organized! :openmrs:

1 Like

Friendly reminder: tomorrow I’ll be upgrading ci.openmrs.org and the server might be unavailable for ~1h (11pm UTC time).

1 Like

Thank you for you Prompt efforts @alexis_duque ! :smile:

Cheers, Maurya

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: Bamboo deploy of Html Form Entry failing

I moved a post to an existing topic: Bamboo deploy of Html Form Entry failing

Just calling out that the CIEL concept dictionaries should be updated for this release :smile:

2 Likes

Hello All,

As most of you must be aware, we have scheduled the release of OpenMRS 2.2 by March ,2015. The release is in its final stages and would be released in a day or two.

But before releasing it, we would like to give users a look and feel of OpenMRS 2.2 and would like your feedback on it. We have set up a User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Server - (http://uat01.openmrs.org:8080/openmrs ) for the respective purpose.

The main admin username and password are admin/Admin123, but i encourage you to go through the documentation and try to log in using various other users as it allows a user based home page based on their daily functions.

If you can spend some time to test it out.It is a great way we can improve our release.There are two ways you can help us improve our release.

Report any issues or bugs. (This talk thread can be used for that purpose) -https://talk.openmrs.org/t/openmrs-2-2-uat-issues-bugs/1536 Improve the Documentation - https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/OpenMRS+2.2 - This documentation has been created by duplicating the earlier documentation (i.e. OpenMRS 2.1). It would be really helpful, if while testing out the Server you, can update the snapshots and include some more to make it more detailed. As mentioned earlier, releasing a version of OpenMRS is a collective effort from the community. Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

On Visit Note page, it asks to add “presumed” or “confirmed” diagnosis on the left side. However, the checkboxes are shown as “Primary” and “Confirmed” once the diagnosis is added. It might be a typo for the “Primary” checkbox when it should be “Presumed” checkbox.

If that was a typo, it should not allow users to tick both “Presumed” and “Confirmed” as they are mutually exclusive. Also, it should remove the defaulted tick for “Presumed” under Primary Diagnosis.

2 Likes

@darius & I noticed that uat01.openrms.org is running the Drawing Module. That’s not part of the OpenMRS 2.2 reference application, is it?

It doesn’t look like it is according to the modules bundled with the distribution. Looking at uat01 it looks like these modules are installed, but not a part of the distribution:

• addresshierarchy
  • drawing
  • reportingcompatibility
  • xforms

When is the 2.2 release happening. I am a new implementor and I have been waiting eagerly since last 2 months to start my implementation on the lastest upcomming release which as supposed to be out by March 31. I would realy appreciate if someone can provide me the new dates so that I can plan accordingly.

Cheers!! Puneet

2 Likes

Thank you for your interest in OpenMRS 2.2 @puneet2k5, we are working on resolving the issues as soon as possible and making the release happen as mentioned in this post. In the mean time you can have a look at how the product would look like in this UAT(User Acceptance Testing) server and help us release a more reliable product by following this post.

–Regards, Sri Maurya Kummamuru