OCL for OpenMRS User Feedback discussion

ocl
andela
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f88c8d189d8> #<Tag:0x00007f88c8d187f8>

(Darius Jazayeri) #1

This thread is for user-focused feedback and discussion of the OCL for OpenMRS application. Developer-centric discussion should happen on Developing the "OCL for OpenMRS" Application.

I have done a quick mockup of how I think concept mappings should work on the Concept Add/Edit page. Does this make sense?

New Wireframe 1_balsamiq_wireframe_2278E287-509B-183B-1098-2EC38DDDB7D8_Master.png

The screens don’t need to look quite like this, but they should flow like this. (For example if it makes it easier to reuse an existing widget, then it’s fine that after you select CIEL you get a popup instead of a simple autocomplete text field.)

See https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/OCLOMRS-363

Developing the "OCL for OpenMRS" Application
(Andrew Kanter) #2

I might make some changes to Darius’ markup:

1. In general, I like to sort the mappings based on SOURCE, not on map type, so would prefer the order of fields in the grid to be: SOURCE | Map Type | Code | Concept name We’d need to able to use a grid object that allows sorting by clicking on the column header or similar. Also, SOURCE should be a user-friendly name, not a URL.
  2. I think it is better if the editing/adding object looks like the grid in that the order of fields should follow that order. I also think that we eventually want to be able to lookup reference_concept_name (mapped concept name) based on entered code, so although it can be optional, I like it on the same line). The full code needs to be shown, and if the concept_name is present, it should be shown fully if possible.
  3. In most cases I would just paste in the code since I would have looked up the mapped concept elsewhere, but if we are expecting folks to search in the UI (internal maps), then they are likely going to need to actually specify a search string (source + partial string) and pick from a result list. This would then autopopulate the other fields and still require an Add button.
  4. For existing mappings, I think we need to be able to edit and/or remove. I don’t know what is happening in the background whether a remove is a void/retire or a complete remove. But regardless, it is common to require editing of a map type, or replacing of the code.

(John Joshua Abulo) #3

Hello @darius

I made minor adjustments to your initial mockup on mapping (attached below) and a video (name sample implementation in this JIRA ticket) showing how this would feel like to a user. Kindly take a look at the two (video and mockup) and provide feedback if any.

(The same interface deletes/edits mappings. Also, mappings are created along with the concept)

Regards!

cc: @akanter

(Andrew Kanter) #4

I believe we had some default behaviors for the relationship or mapping type. When adding an external concept the mapping probably should default to Narrower-than. For internal concepts, are we using this primarily for linking CIEL concepts or are we also using this screen to build out sets and question/answer pairs? If so, then there should be no default for internal maps.

(John Joshua Abulo) #5

Thanks, @akanter for your feedback on this. I would also like to know whether, by 'no defaults' (for internal mappings), you mean that I should leave the text input field empty for the user to fill out.

(Andrew Kanter) #6

Correct. There is no default mapping for internal concepts.

(Ellen Ball) #7

@darius suggested that user testing. However I can’t get very far.

1. Error message on loading page: https://openmrs.qa.openconceptlab.org/home “An error occurred with your internet connection, please fix it and try reloading the page.” I have no problem with my internet connection :wink:
  2. When I try to “+ New dictionary”, I fill out the form, but after clicking the “Add dictionary” button" – buttons grey out and never completed the form. (see images) ocl-add-dict add-dict

(Andrew Kanter) #8

Same issue with me. I had to recreate my account on qa.openconceptlab.org as it appears the user table was wiped. But that didn’t help.

(Darius Jazayeri) #9

Ellen, Andy I just tried and I was able to create a dictionary. Maybe something was wonky at that time and is fixed now?

(Andrew Kanter) #10

I am now able to create a dictionary. Although I do get the internet error on loading the initial home page and when the dictionary page opens without any dictionaries in it.