On 22nd Dec, 2021 we had a discussion on the proposed changes in the UI for the medication tab in Bahmni. We would love to gather more feedback and suggestions on the same. Please find the screenshots and the description of the new medication tab below.
The following describes the user journey under medication for Bahmni@next .
1. Searching for a medicine
Located on the left side under “medication” tab
In the new UI, we will have a search bar at the top on the page. The functionality will be the same. On entering the second alphabet, a dropdown list of drugs will appear containing the characters typed in
The “add to prescription” button is the replacement of the “accept” button. When the drug is non coded (not appearing in the dropdown list), the add to prescription button will enable the doctor to add the medicine not stored in the system to the prescription , if it is configured to do so. If the configuration is not to allow non coded drugs to be added to a prescription, the doctor will see an error message in this case
2. Adding a drug to prescription
No separate prescription box that opens up. The fields are present on the left side on the medication tab
In the new UI, only on clicking on the drug name or on the click of “add to prescription” button, the prescription box will open up with the fields.
On clicking “done” which is a replacement of the “add” button, the new prescription can be seen in a tabular format.
3. New prescription in Bahmni@next
The new prescription is seen in a tabular format in the new UI. The actions that can be performed are:
- Edit - Clicking on edit will open the prescription box where the doctor can edit the fields like dose, quantity, route and so on.
- Favourites- Clicking this button will add the drug as well as the dosage,frequency, duration to the favourites. See more on favourites on point 5
- Delete- Will remove the drug from the new prescription
New prescription in existing Bahmni
Note - In both the existing and new system, only when the doctor clicks on the “save” button present on the header, the new prescription will be saved. Else, the prescription is discarded.
4. Prescription history
Here , the prescription can be seen under the tabs according to the dates as seen below. Also, the active medications, the scheduled medications and completed medications are seen in different colour codes.
Here, there are separate tabs for active prescriptions, scheduled prescriptions and a tab for showing all the prescriptions. The actions remain the same with revise, stop and renew.
This is a new feature in Bahmni@next. The doctor can have drugs as favourites so that it is easier and convenient for the doctor to prescribe. The functionalities are
- Adding a drug to favourites.
Once the doctor searches for the drug in the search bar, fills the details in the prescription box and clicks on done, under the action item header in the new prescription, we can see the option to add the drug and the dosage instructions to favourites.
- Add drug from favourite to prescription and delete drug from favourites
As seen in the screenshot below, when the doctor clicks on the favourites button,we can see the option to add the drug to the prescription or remove it from the favourites list.
- Having favourites listed on the top of search results.
When the doctor types in the names of the drugs in the search bar, the favourite drugs should be displayed at the top
Some of the suggestions discussed on the call were:
- The intent of prescribed-as-you-type/speak would just be an additional augment to the experience e.g. “paracetamol 1 tab 4 times daily” would translate into an appropriate prescription.
- Having a limit on the number of medications that can be saved as favourites.
- Possibility to search for drugs on the basis of fuzzy logic
- A tab showing only the completed list of medications which will be separate from “show all”
Kindly use this thread for any suggestions and feedbacks.