- Right now, OpenMRS data model has no way to store key elements related to drug orders, e.g. dose frequency (“twice a day, for the next 7 days” etc). Instead it’s modelled as JSON. So the backend is not used to order medications, instead the JSON file is used.
- Thing blocks our software from managing things like explicit Drug Administration Guidelines.
- Three related things are happening around the community right now which should probably have FHIR support for what FHIR calls Doseage.
- the 3.x Drug Orders feature (@mksd what’s the priority in your mind of FHIR support for the drug orders details?)
- this emerging medication orders/prescribing work in the Bahmni@next squad (@mohant what priority is the backend support or specifically FHIR drug dose details support for this work?)
- the new 3.xDispensing Module work that PIH will start shortly (designs are done) (though @mogoodrich I’m not sure whether the backend doseage modelling is a priority for you here?)
As you can probably tell above, I’m not entirely sure of the priority of this need, but hope we can unpack this here.
What @jdick did help me understand a while ago is:
Not yet supported in backend --> FHIR modelling:
commonDoseages→ Doseage:___ (not sure)