Looking for the OpenMRS 2.6.0 Platform Release Manager

@mherman22 isn’t the development version supposed to be 2.6.0-SNAPSHOT instead of 2.6.0-beta-SNAPSHOT ?

and what’s the build.release.type ?

isn’t this variable available in platform and not core?

lemi use the 2.6.0-SNAPSHOT as advised

1 Like

I meant to ask the value for which you set it to releases or prereleases

yeah, that plan variable is available in platform

@tendomart kindly delete the tag again for me

I have deleted the tag .

1 Like

/cc: @dkayiwa @ibacher @tendomart

The release to maven of Core 2.6.0-beta is failing with the following as was here:-

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.4:install (default-install) on project openmrs: Failed to install artifact org.openmrs:openmrs:pom:2.6.0-SNAPSHOT: /home/bamboo-agent/.m2/repository/org/openmrs/openmrs/2.6.0-SNAPSHOT/openmrs-2.6.0-SNAPSHOT.pom (Permission denied) -> [Help 1]

Failing plan → OpenMRS Core - Openmrs Core 2.6.x 36: Build result summary - OpenMRS Bamboo

Logs → OpenMRS Core - Openmrs Core 2.6.x - Release to maven 36: Build log - OpenMRS Bamboo

@raff @ibacher since you are on the infra team, do you mind fixing the (Permission denied) error for this build, just like you did for the others?

Looking into this now. Btw, I think we need to update the version of the REST module included in the platform. The one currently included is out-of-date.

Well, that got the good old “HEAD is not a symbolic ref” message, but it may be because I re-kicked-off the job after quite a delay from the initial kick-off. @mherman22 and @tendomart are you able to clean things up and try a new clean build?

PS I couldn’t trace the source of the permission overwrite this time which is extremely frustrating…

1 Like

@tendomart delete the tag for me again so that i can make a new build and release

I have just deleted the tag.

1 Like

finally the release of openmrs core 2.6.0 to maven has been successful as can be seen at OpenMRS Core - OpenMRS Core 2.6.x - Release to maven 39: Job result summary - OpenMRS Bamboo

Is there a way i can update this version using bamboo ci? And if yes, care to point me to where i can do that from?

/cc: @ibacher @dkayiwa @tendomart

I think you just need to update the version in the POM in the distro-platform repo. Would probably be a good idea to check the versions of the other modules too.

1 Like

Here’s the pull request → Updating the version of the REST Module to 2.38.0 to be released in platform 2.6.0 by mherman22 · Pull Request #27 · openmrs/openmrs-distro-platform · GitHub

Congrats @mherman22 bravo :grinning:

1 Like

Think the PR is all good… Let’s wait for the rest

Thanks @tendomart for the review and thanks @mherman22 for the pr. I have just merged it.

2 Likes

Ya Welcome.

Our Ci looks to be having some issue especially on trying to run plans. Also, some pages don’t load up especially this page and the console returns a Failed to load resource: net::ERR_INCOMPLETE_CHUNKED_ENCODING.

/cc: @dkayiwa @ibacher