Help us brainstorm ideas for themes/objectives for OMRS20!

Most of the time, the in-country team planning our Implementer’s Meeting proposes a theme and some objectives for our annual meeting, and we ask for your feedback.

With the move to a virtual conference this year, we’d like to get your input right from the beginning.

• What would you like to take away from this year’s virtual conference?

• What current trends or topics would you like to delve into this year?

Your ideas generate other ideas, so please share whatever comes to mind!

3 Likes

OMRS20: Walking Together

I would like to turn the virtual conferencing and inevitable distancing in a pandemic around on itself and focus this year on how many opportunities are coming together for the OpenMRS Community and focus our efforts on the amazing things we can accomplish in 2021 if we walk together.

3 Likes

cc @dev1 @dev2 @dev3 @dev4 @dev5

1 Like

I want to believe covid 19 has been in our concept dictionary for some years but its only this year when its effect has been felt on the entire globe. I honestly appreciate the Covid 19 squad which come up with a tool to help in tracking the responses. I therefore suggest we have a lightning talk from different chapters if possible with a demo on how the tool is used for screening, treatment and surveillance efforts in hospitals using openmrs platform.

4 Likes

So the Walking Together theme gives us enough breadth to accommodate a range of topics and issues that attendees could be interested in. On today’s OMRS20 Planning call, @dkayiwa thought that we should give it a little more direction. What’s the purpose of walking together? Here are some ideas that came up during our discussion:

The OMRS20 planning team took @burke’s idea for a conference theme (Walking Together) and brainstormed around it. Here are some ideas that built off of it:

• Walking together to save lives?
  • Walking together to solve emerging health challenges?
  • Walking together to solve today’s digital health challenges?
  • Walking together to change health systems?
  • Walking together to improve health systems?

Any of these jump out at you - in a good way? Any new ideas?

2 Likes
  • Walking together to save lives? --> Pretty vague, high level, unclear
  • Walking together to solve emerging health challenges around the world --> This is my preference, with an addition :slight_smile:
  • Walking together to solve today’s digital health challenges? --> I like digital health challenges but the word “today’s” lacks a future/visionary element
  • Walking together to change health systems? --> Change is a scary word
  • Walking together to improve health systems? --> This seems generic
2 Likes

Walking together. Going farther.

Going farther up the stack (into a UI framework) in the code we share, going farther than we have in investing into our global good, we can all achieve more (both globally & locally) than we could individually.

1 Like

@burke, I like this added detail. Based on yesterday’s feedback, the general feeling was that a) we needed something beyond “walking together,” and b) it needed to have a clear purpose. Walking where? Going farther in what? The detail you provide here helps get at that specificity. Thanks!

1 Like