GSoC 2022 - OCL Subscription Module for OpenMRS 3 - Final Presentation

Project Summary

Overview

OCL Subscription Module is one of the most valuable modules used with OpenMRS to make the implementations easier. The existing OCL subscription module is built targetting the OpenMRS RefApp 2.x, and its frontend runs as an OpenWebApp (with the help of the OWA Module). When it comes to OpenMRS 3.x, the OWA module is deprecated but it is still used due to the unavailability of the micro frontend of the OCL Subscription Module

This project is focused on creating a micro frontend for the above-mentioned OpenMRS OCL Module (OCL Subscription Module) admin tool. With that modern frontend technologies, it enables OpenMRS users and developers around the world to share more frontend functionalities, reduce duplicated effort, and have a better user experience.

Objectives

• To avail the OCL Module functionality as a micro frontend
    1. Ability to manage(add/edit/remove) a subscription :white_check_mark:
    2. Ability to Import Concepts using the saved subscription :white_check_mark:
    3. Ability to Import Concepts using a zip file :white_check_mark:
    4. Ability to see the list of previous imports :white_check_mark:
    5. Ability to see the details of a selected previous import :white_check_mark:

Contributions

Weekly Blog Posts

1. Working with OCL Subscriptions — GSoC 2022 Week 1 | by Piumal Rathnayake | Medium
  2. Completing the OCL Subscription Component — GSoC 2022 Week 2 | by Piumal Rathnayake | Medium
  3. A Component for Importing Concepts — GSoC 2022 Week 3 | by Piumal Rathnayake | Medium
  4. Configuring the Unit Tests — GSoC 2022 Week 4 | by Piumal Rathnayake | Medium
  5. More testing — GSoC 2022 Week 5. My target for the 5th week of GSoC 2022… | by Piumal Rathnayake | Medium
  6. Designing the Previous Imports Component — GSoC 2022 Week 6 | by Piumal Rathnayake | Medium
  7. A Component for Viewing Previous OCL Imports — GSoC 2022 Week 7 | by Piumal Rathnayake | Medium
  8. Deploying OCL Subscription Module — GSoC 2022 Week 8 | by Piumal Rathnayake | Medium
  9. Upgrading the Module Dependencies — GSoC 2022 Week 9 | by Piumal Rathnayake | Medium
  10. Fixing the Broken Components — GSoC 2022 Week 10 | by Piumal Rathnayake | Aug, 2022 | Medium | Medium
  11. Minor Issues — GSoC 2022 Week 11. Hi again! It’s the end of the 11th week… | by Piumal Rathnayake | Medium
  12. Wrapping Up — GSoC 2022 Week 12. The twelve weeks of the GSoC 2022… | by Piumal Rathnayake | Medium

Demonstration

Resources

Future Works

The main requirements of the project were fulfilled, so in the future, the following new features can be added.

• Automation/Scheduling Support
  • Supporting multiple subscriptions

Thoughts on GSoC

First of all, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to participate in GSoC under OpenMRS. It has been a wonderful summer for me. This is the second time I have been selected for Google Summer of Code. This year I got the opportunity to develop a frontend project, and it was a good starting point for me to learn about microfrontends.

I really appreciate my mentors @ibacher and @hadijah315 for guiding me throughout the project. They were very supportive and knowledgeable, so It was easy for me to clear the doubts and complete the project. I would also like to thank @grace and @suruchi for the assistance given. Also special thanks to @jayasanka for introducing me to OpenMRS and for the support given from the beginning to get selected for both GSoC 2021 and GSoC 2022. I’m looking forward to working with OpenMRS in future as well.

3 Likes

@piumal1999 congratulations for this far!

Congratulations @piumal1999 ! Wish you best luck :tada::tada::clap::clap: