GSoC 2020: Improving OpenMRS DHIS2 Integration - Requirement gathering

Hi all,
This is based on my GSoC project “Improving OpenMRS DHIS2 Integration”. As we all know, the OpenMRS product is used worldwide. Some countries use the new reference application and some are still using the legacy UI. I’m planning to reach both and as well as the community to analyze about,

1. The awareness about DHIS2 and the DHIS2 reporting module
  2. The problems with the current implementation of the DHIS reporting module
  3. The alternative technologies/services users use to connect with DHIS2
  4. The alternatives users use for reporting, analysis, and dissemination of data

This is the basic structure of the questionnaire which is planned to use to gather requirements.

1. Name of your organization
  2. City / State
  3. Country
  4. What version of OpenMRS are you using?
    1. Legacy UI
      1. Are you using the DHIS2 module?
        1. Yes
          1. Rate your experience with this module ( 1 - 5 )
          2. What are the problems/difficulties you face when using this module?
          3. What are the alternatives you use for reporting, analysis, and dissemination of data?
        2. No
          1. Are you aware of the DHIS2 Reporting module?
            1. Yes
              1. Is there any specific reason for not using the DHIS2 Reporting module?
              2. What are the alternatives you use for reporting, analysis, and dissemination of data?
            2. No
              1. What are the technologies you use for reporting, analysis, and dissemination of data?
    2. Reference Application
      1. Are you using DHIS2?
        1. Yes
          1. What technologies are you using to sync OpenMRS data with DHIS2?
          2. What are the alternatives you use for reporting, analysis, and dissemination of data?
        2. No
          1. What are the technologies you use for reporting, analysis, and dissemination of data

I’ve created a draft google form according to the above structure: https://forms.gle/2SzNvGeBReMCZS1X7

I need your guidance on the following,

1. How can I improve the above questionnaire?
  2. How can I contact the hospitals?

Thanks.

@jennifer @akshika47 @heliostrike

1 Like

This looks good @jayasanka. Any feedback @heliostrike and @jennifer?

2 Likes

Thanks @akshika47! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope, looks good to me. :slight_smile:

Hi @jayasanka!

This is a great start and will really help set the stage for your GSoC project. There are a few different conversations happening in the community right now where DHIS2 integration and/or reporting has come up.

One is the current discussion around a community solution for ETL/ELT, with a stand up planned for later this month.

The other is taking place as a part of our COVID-19 Response. Integrating with DHIS2 Aggregate is an important part of that response and you might find it useful to join some of those conversations.

Thank you @jennifer! With regard to reaching out to hospitals. Is there a standard way that @jayasanka can do that?

Hi @akshika47 and @jayasanka,

For this, I think it will be more fruitful to talk with some implementers in a few different places. They usually have access to hospitals and are highly likely to be users of this module.

1 Like

Thanks @jennifer,

Could you please let me know how can I contact those implementors?

@jayasanka this map would give a starting point https://atlas.openmrs.org/

Please correct me if I am wrong @jennifer

1 Like

Hi all,

I contacted almost every implementor on the OpenMRS Atlas. Only a few of them responded (2 implementors). None of them were using the DHIS2 module but they have mentioned they are looking for a viable solution for this.

@jennifer could you please send me an updated list of lager implementors?