Gsoc 2019: Bootstrap as a foundation for Reference Application UI Project

Home page also should be fixed by now the button sizes.

Visits page the borders yes I am checking on it.And yeah it should be fine as well if its like below format.

The popups issue that @mksd mentioned is because the jquery files conflicts stephe. I actually fixed it locally.Testing it on other pages will let u know when its fixed.

1 Like

Hi @mogoodrich and @ball , Iā€™m surprised that you guys were not impacted by this, are you not depending on the latest snapshot of Core Apps?

Yeah, @mksd, we were, see here:

(The summary is we asked @ssmusoke to release the modules so we could rely on released versions while the bugs were ironed outā€¦ I havenā€™t been following closely since then, for what itā€™s worthā€¦ how are things going?)

Take care, Mark

Hi @ssmusoke

Stephe,Is the build deploying the ref app in qa server ?

https://qa-refapp.openmrs.org

@ayesh Yes it is - do you have any new PRs?

The build happens when code is merged or when run manually

1 Like

yes , the build happens on every single commit made

1 Like

Hi @ssmusoke ,@mozzy

Nope stephe yesterday was out of town sorry for that.But this login and home pages surely should be fixed.And stll am seeing is refering not to the latest ui commons snapshot.Maybe issue on sass cache or sass-external cache ?

@ayesh No worries, Let me try to force a redeployment, how about the Jquery issue can you share the PR for review

I have also noticed that you used Bootstrap is 4.0.0 not the latest 4.31. any reason why the former not the latter?

Hi @ssmusoke

Nope no any specific reason stephe we can change it.And this jquery conflict seems to be taking a bit long to resolve and am working on it.For sure will be able to resolve it before this monday

Okay noted on the JQuery conflict, you may need to remove a JQuery addition that may have been added

Also do upgrade the bootstrap version when you get a chance

1 Like

Sue @ssmusoke I will make the pull request with changes as soon as possible.

1 Like

Btw @ssmusoke

https://ci.openmrs.org/browse/REFAPP-OMODDISTRO-DTMTS-8987

Last qa ref app deployment was in Aug 27.Itā€™s before the release as well :thinking: .Seems like new changes are not deployed in qa server stephe.

Hi @ssmusoke

Stephe Am still attending the issue on the patientdashboard page but other issue like popup are fixed and pushed to the repos.

Hi @ssmusoke

Can we have a look at this 3 PRā€™s

@ayesh the big question that I have is on the inclusion of different jquery versions per module instead of leveraging the one in UI Commons makes it easier to manage upgrades, I have pinged the module owners too for feedback on the design approach

@ssmusoke

Stepeh the problem is there are previous bootstrap integrations on some modules.And also some third party dependencies are there like bootstrap-date-time which is depending on bootstrap 3.0 and bootstrap 3.0 is depending on jquery old version.I looked on these third party libraries which doesnt have version for bootstrap 4.0 as well.So if we are thinking about something stable for the future.

What I suggest is letā€™s make things work first like before with these dependency of jquery. Then lets move forward on making things stable with one jquery version one bootstrap version for all modules in ui commons

@ayesh Thank you for the clarification as it now makes sense.

Also a reminder to update to the latest version of Bootstrap so that we do not have to run this cycle of testing again for a while

Hi @ssmusoke

Already updated in the pr stephe

@ayesh I have discovered this issue when looking into allergies, I think the module is GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-module-allergyui

Hi @ssmusoke

What is this server is it qa-ref app ?