Google Code-in 2019 Student and Mentor meet and greet

Hi, I’m Snigdho. Feeling great to work with OpenMRS again. Looking forward to help and contribute to OpenMRS.

1. snigdho (Participated in last year too.)

2. The ID can be used for completing tasks related to OpenMRS .

3. OpenMRS talk forum is great place to communicate with new people and meet new friends. Even it’s easier to contribute to OpenMRS by getting help from the talk forum from different people.

Hey everyone stealthflame (YASH) here

1. Google Code-In gives us teenagers a chance to show what we really are capable of. The tagline of OpenMRS says it all “Write Code,Save Lives”. Really looking forward to working with the organization once again.
  2. This is my second and last year. The previous organizations included OpenMRS and OpenWISP.
  3. Just like before, OpenMRS gave me some nice jobs to accomplish (mostly designing which is my strength) I have the same expectations and hopefully I’m looking forward to meet astonishing people along the whole journey.
1 Like

Heyya fellas! it’s Najib and i’m here as a participant of Google Code-In

1. I’m interested in Google Code-In because it’s a good competition for me and so excited in OpenMRS because it participates in healthy.

2. No, i didn’t. This is my first time to join in Google Code-In

3. Help some people that work in healthy world, and meet some new friends

Hi! Super excited to be here. The warm welcome in the telegram chat was nice :slight_smile:

1. What are interesting facts about Google Code-in and/or OpenMRS which you found so far?

Google code-in is interesting to me in that it actively endorses documentation, something that made me actually think about open-source development and what is important overall. Previously, I hadn’t really thought so much about what’s critical in large environments, given that I’m used to writing small, personal use code and/or projects. In my opinion, it’s awesome that it takes such a comprehensive approach to introducing people my age to open source development. Within OpenMRS, an interesting component to me is the “lessens disparities between wealthy [and] resource poor environments.” It seems immediately counterintuitive, but with the lowering costs of hardware and wider availability of connections, it makes sense. It’s an awesome goal that I think fits in well with open source in general.

1. Did you participate in Google Code-in during the previous years? If yes, what are those Orgs?

Yes, last year, but I only completed two tasks (the easiest I could find, to be honest) with random organizations given that I had just taken in an interest computer science.

1. What do you expect from OpenMRS?

I only got into computer science recently having previously been focusing a lot of my studies around biology and more medicine-related subjects. However, what I’ve recently found is that I love the practical problem solving of CS and have been applying to colleges with the idea of becoming a developer to support health-care systems, fusing my two major interests. With OpenMRS, I want to take the knowledge from 2 years of CS classes that I’ve gained and learn how to apply them in a more real-world environment while also discovering a way that CS is used to innovate healthcare (unashamedly, a concept I mentioned in most of my college essays).

1. I found it very interesting how OpenMRS crosses lingual barriers by allowing people who speak different languages to see the same data. . The flexibility of this software is amazing and it was all because of GCI that I am now able to part of such an wonderful community.
  2. I have never participated in GCI,
  3. the community in OpenMRS is great . I expect there to be a highly involved community who love saving lives.

We are glad to see you @shatterstar, @robokrrish, @shobhitrathi, @michelle14, @adarshgowda463, @ikhsandwic, @sriramdasavage, @mihirkasare, @iteije, @asadparkar, @sarthakk24, @divyansh, @harshilanand39, @snigdho, @stealthflame, @najib, @liknie, @alphaniner101 to this amazing community that saves peoples’ lives around the world.
We wish you good luck

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Haniyah Salwa

1. in my opinion google code in helps young people to learn basic programs for the future.
  2. never, I’m new here.
  3. I hope I will develop after becoming a part of OpenMRS

hello @adarshgowda463, @ikhsandwic i hope we win in gci 2019

hiii guys…i am ajey muthiah… the first thing which striked on my mind on thinking of open MRS is their motto “write code,save lives…” and also i have already worked in this organization lastyear… 1.id can be used to know the identity of people 2.open mrs talk forums can be used for chatting with others on a specific problem…aggregate every solution and to reach an conclusion…also to inform about the upcoming updates… 3.my first badge was the first emoji badge lookoing forward!!!cheers guys!!!

Hello, I am Yoki Latief

1. the thing i want to get from the google code is the lesson and the prize is a trip to google, that is my dream for a long time and i hope this year i win through OpenMRS
  2. no I didn’t
  3. I hope I win through OpenMRS because I feel interested in this organization

Hey, this is Sudhanshu Singh. I am really excited to contribute for GCI 2019.

1.Google code-in helps beginners like me who want to gain footing in the world of coding and further expand their knowledge and skills.The program provides the advantage to get peer to peer mentorship to each and every applicant which is really helpful to get started with the open source contributions. 2. No I did not participate in Google Code-in during the previous years. This is my first time for contributing to google code-in. 3. The technology used by OpenMRS is of great importance in various fields of technology, health care, and international development. I expect to be a part of the such a great community to learn, share and grow.

We are glad to see you @haniyahsalwa, @ajeymuthiah, @latiefyoki, @sudhanshus19 to OpenMRS. We wish you luck, feel free to reach out for help on OpenMRS Talk or IRC

Hi friends and mentors i’m sarthak

1. OpenMRS is really cool because it is doing good things for people around the world with code. Google Code-in is a nice program because it helps people who are interested in Open Source get involved.
  2. This is my first and last time participating in the google code in because next i would be 18 i would not be able to participate next year.
  3. I really look forward to being involved with such a great open source community (openMRS)

4.i decided to go with OpenMRS because it helps people in developing countries around the world with medical problems using code which isn’t usually thought of.

5.I am really looking forward to learning more about how I can help support health care in developing countries through software programs.

Welcome @utkarshmask, please introduce yourself here

:smile:

1 Like

Hi, I am CiawMiaw , I think this organization will be very fun for me!

• I am very interested in openMRS because it has a medical and internet perspective
  • No, this is my first time in GCI
  • I hope that OpenMRS will be very useful for present and future generations.

Miaawwww :3 :cat:

Hello sir my name is Elton how can I join GCI

Hi, I’m nayan jindal and is very excited for GCI 2019

• The best thing about OpenMRS lies in it’s tagline “Write Code, Save Lives” , what can be more better than saving lives with your code?
  • Yes, I participated in GCI 2018,2017 from OpenMRS.
  • I’m looking forward to meet some amazing people along the journey of GCI 2019 and together make our community even greater.

Cheers

1 Like

1.That GCI (google code in) is a great place to meet guys interested into open source.

2.No it is my first time.

1. To learn more about Open-source and coding.

Welcome @yassenaal, please introduce yourself here

:smile:

1 Like

Hi, I’m wolfshadow, and I too am very excited for GCI 2019.

1. Something interesting I discovered was that Google Code In only counts the largest number of tasks done for a single organization.
  2. No, sadly
  3. I expect quite a lot of excitement, that’s for sure!