Google Code-in 2019 Student and Mentor meet and greet

hii guys…looking forward to meet u all…:partying_face:

Google Code-In with OpenMRS seems to be an amazing thing. Looking forward to claim some amazing tasks and doing further things.

Oh! I forgot to tell… I am Darsh Vatsa from Rohini, Delhi, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe… :grinning:

Thank you. looking forward to more learning.

HI I’M ALPHANINER101. I’M VERY EXCITED FOR THIS YEARS CODE IN. CHEERS! looking forward to meeting yall soon I hope this year’s code in is the best

Hello, I 'm Irene, I am a member of the big OpenMRS community, this is my first time to mentor GCI and I am happy to be here mentoring our little brothers and sisters. I hope you will enjoy your coding season and also stick to the community thereafter.

Hey everyone! I’m Lana :grinning:

I became a GCI Grand Prize Winner with OpenMRS last year, and I’m excited to mentor this year. Looking forward to seeing the students’ work, and I hope you will have a great time!

Hi. My name is saad khaleeq. Code-in is the best contest i’ve ever seen. It’s so interesting and amazing, i’m having a lot of fun. This is my second year. I also participated in previous year and worked with jboss community and openwisp. I’d learn many new things from OpenMRS which would help me in my future. Thanks

Hi I am Joel😁,

1. Google code-in is a great way for us teens to develop a great interest in learning about various applications of code and much more. It introduces to us to open source software and through the various task we do we are able to learn more about it.

2. No, I didn’t know about GCI until my friend introduced me to this amazing contest and narrated his experience to me.

3. I hope and expect that the upcoming task i do for openMRS will get me more interested and excited for GCI as a whole.

Cheers to wonderful weeks ahead!! Joel

Hello everyone I am Krrish Chhabra a young programmer and reviewer.

Hello there :smiley: I am Shobhit Rathi, a fellow high school student and a tech enthusiast. My friend introduced me to this world of open source and its so amazing that I have dived deep into it now.

1. My friend did gci 2018 and won which was very awesome. This also interested me so I went to him and he introduced me to all this. This is my first year of GCI and I want to contribute as much as I can. Plus its also fun!

2. No I did not participate in GCI before but I have tried many other contest and got very good (or better) from them. Hope to learn something good from this too!

3. OpenMRS is an org which interested me because I find it comfortable in my field. Also I read about it a little and I think I can help with contributions. Just want to learn new things and be helpful to this community. Winning comes later! :laughing:

Hello ~

This is my first GCI contest! GCI attracted me because I’m at the beginning of my journey of learning to code, and it’s open to students of all skill levels. This is also my first experience of contributing to open source software, so I’m really looking forward to it!

I chose to join OpenMRS because I’ve always been interested in integrating technology into healthcare. I’ve heard so many medics groaning about how time-consuming filling out patient records is, so I can see how OpenMRS could be super useful in real life, particularly since it helps developing countries - and, of course, who wouldn’t want to write code and save lives?

By contributing to OpenMRS, I hope that I can learn new skills from mentors and other participants, join a supportive network of coders, and make a real difference in the community. :slight_smile:

Hello i’m Adarsh A , i’m very exited about GCI

1. The best thing about GCI is the it gives opportunity for young mind to gain and give knowledge. It improves the thinking and creativity of the mind.
  2. Nop this is my first time in GCI.
  3. I’m looking forward that OpenMRS will actually give more time and preference on young mind for great future.

Good Luck ALL!!!

Hello, I am Ikhsan Dwi Cahya, a fellow high school student. My friend introduced me to this world of open source and its so amazing that I have dived deep into it now.

1. My friend did gci 2018 and won which was very awesome. This also interested me so I went to him and he introduced me to all this. This is my first year of GCI and I want to contribute as much as I can. Plus its also fun!
  2. yes I did participate in GCI before
  3. OpenMRS is an org which interested me because I find it comfortable in my field. Also I read about it a little and I think I can help with contributions. Just want to learn new things and be helpful to this community. Winning comes later!

Hello everyone😊 This Is Sriram… Looking Forward To Have Fun Around Here. And I hope that I learn something new everyday from you guys.

:+1: thanks for advice.

Hii everyone :raised_back_of_hand::wave: I am Mihir_kasare Google code-in is a good space for yound talents to explore their potential and have a exact environment of the corporate. Yes this is my 3rd consecutive year of google code-in One of my friend had told me about this. In 2017 i had worked for LibreCAD but unfortunately i was new to the coding world with zero coding knowledge and i failed to complete even 1 task. In 2018 My aim was just to complete 3 tasks and have the google t-shirt. 1st task : JBoss Community - print hello world and then i was reading blogs of google code-in finalists and winners and there i found that we should continue taking up tasks from one opensource company if winning is the aim. So thenceforth i did 7 more tasks from openMRS. As i went through the competition days many mentors asked me to continue working as i had potential was the comment. But because of Study issues i left after i finished my 8th task. This year i had planned to complete as much as possible as becoming the finalist was the aim. But again GCI 2019 which i was expecting to start by october as it had started last year but this time it started in december which is again clashing with my exams. So wont be able to win this time as well. but completing maximum tasks would be the goal. OpenMRS as an organisation is very much instrumental in improving my coding practices… They have a good bunch of supportive mentors who aslways guide you through every task… My expectation from openmrs is to review tasks quickly as last year some tasks had only 3-4 mentors and thus the waiting period use to go from 8-13 hours . So if the review time is reduced to around 2-3 hours it would be fun to code Kudos for openMRS & GCI 2019 :+1:

Howdy, I’m participating in the GCI 2019 and like to get some tasks done :slight_smile:

I was participating in this event last year, but like to have another chance of getting experiences like this, that’s basically why I am here.

Greetings fellow mates! and i am sixteen years old. I am really crazy for Gizmos and tech. This year i decided to participate in GCI and this . This way GCI really helps people to learn new things. I did not know about openMRS till i participated in the GCI. I have been really impressed and motivated by openMRS. The fact that it will use technology to improve healthcare just amazes me. I hope openMRS continues to do their work and i will keep following it! :slight_smile:

1. No i have never participated in Google-code in before . this is my first time :frowning:
  2. i expect that openMRS really succeeds in the goal they are trying to achieve. Technology is really improving day by days but its just developed for our own needs or for the wealthy people. openMRS on the other hand wants to use tech for the needy and i am pretty sure they will keep continuing :slight_smile:

Hi I am Divyansh :smiley:

1. The GCI offers great opportunities for students to explore opensource coding languages and organizations that offer work experience to youngsters. OpenMRS is a great organization to be a part of as it plays a role in Saving Lives around the globe.
  2. No, this is my first year and I feel fortunate to have known about the GCI through a friend @arpitak .
  3. OpenMRS is expected to perform great tasks in order to help the human race and health care for them. I hope to contribute well towards this.

Hola People! :partying_face:

Code-in is one of those fascinating opportunities for nerdies like me to make their contribution to open source as well as it holds a massive potential of connecting with like minded people from different domains.

This years code in surely going to be my first and last participation(as I’m already 17) but already excited to devote these few weeks into learning and networking along with the community.

Again, “Learnings & Networking”. I always keep these two keywords on priority and the same goes with OpenMRS. Eagerly willing to work in a collaborative environment and contribute my part to the organisation.

Looking forward for a wonderful journey ahead !:100: