Google Code-in 2018 Student and Mentor meet and greet

Hello!

1. I found it quite interesting how OpenMRS was able to spread all over the world in such a short space of time.

2. I have never participated in a Google Code-in before.

3. I’d like to see OpenMRS spread around the globe even more. I’d also like to learn more programming via this platform.

Hi, My answer to the questions are

1. The google code in creates an interest in new things and made me learn things which I have just heard and also came to about open source.
  2. No, I haven’t participated.
  3. I am expecting it to be in the same way as it is improving everytime, I would be learning many things in this.

@axelblaze10, @krishnar and @graficram Welcome to the community and we look forward for your contribution.

Hey @axelblaze10 @graficram @krishnar > Blockquote Welcome to the community. It would be great if you join Telegram chat. Feel free to ask your doubts, please avoid asking your doubts from the comment sections.

Although I am not a mentor :smile:

Students,

Please provide your valuable feedback about the Google Code-in 2018 with OpenMRS here :

Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi, im Nabiha. I would love to learn more about how coding and technology work together with OpenMRS. I participated last year with OpenMRS and Librehealth. OpenMRS could be used to save lives as they have said Write Code Save Lives. The benefit of OpenMRS talk forum is that we can use this to clear any question or queries we have. Thank You

Just a reminder students, the deadline to claim a task for the last time is Monday, December 10, 2018 at 12:00 (Eastern Standard Time)

Hi, im Nabiha. I would love to learn more about how coding and technology work together with OpenMRS. I participated last year with OpenMRS and Librehealth. OpenMRS could be used to save lives as they have said Write Code Save Lives.The OpenMRS ID i a great because it is used to communicate with all the OpenMRS community without it we woudnt be able to share our ideas and queries.The benefit of OpenMRS talk forum is that we can use this to clear any question or queries we have. Thank You

Hi, im Nabiha

1. I found out that google code happens each hear and that it is free for everyone and that you have a chanse of winning a tshirt.
  2. I participated last year in OpenMRS and Librehealth. 3.i want to learn about how technology and coding work with medicine and science. Thank you

Welcome to the community and we look forward for your contribution.

HI,

1.I have realised the significance of open source projects like OpenMRS 2.Nope I did not 3.To help me get better at my programming capabilities

Hello everyone just another newbie !:slightly_smiling_face: 1.I have found google code in to be pretty useful in developing my programming and designing skills so far and I think that OpenMRS is a great platform that has an inspiring initiative to reach out to the people in need and help them fight tuberculosis and malaria.
2.No this is the first time in GCI 3.It has instilled in me the inspiration to help others through a digital platform.I hope it continues to do the same to people all around the globe.

@sailesh and @pooja26 welcome to the community and we wish you luck in GCI

Students,

You can share your experience and summarized blog post about GCI here ,

Regards, Suthagar

Hi,my name is Vihaan arora and I am excited to about GCI 2019. 1.)what found interesting is that we learn so much from GCI and do tasks from openMRS. it also helps us to contribute to the open-source softwares . 2.)NO,i didn’t participate in any of the previous GCI’s. 3.)lookingforward to lots of engaging learning and making awesome friends.