Welcome to all participants in Google Code-in at OpenMRS.
We would like to get an understanding about you and us during the contest. So please introduce your self to the OpenMRS community by answering these questions below, (DON’T POST YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION HERE)
- What are interesting facts about Google Code-in and/or OpenMRS which you found so far?
- Did you participate in Google Code-in during the previous years? If yes, what are those Orgs?
- What do you expect from OpenMRS?
We look forward to getting to know you and all the other participants over the next few months! The OpenMRS community is waiting to work with you and help you to get more knowledge and experience from the Google Code-in. So don’t hesitate to ask any issues regarding the contest. You can contact any of our mentors to talk and clarify your issues.
P.S : Please use this thread only for introductions and keep conversations on the GCI telegram channel.
DON’T POST ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Don’t include your personal information like names, age, date of birth, address, school information, etc
- Don’t share your personal emails or passwords in any of this place
- Don’t post your personal ideas, future plans in the public forums
- If you need any helps, please contact any of us before posting any of your information.
Welcome to OpenMRS Community. You can work on the tasks from Google Code-in dashboard.
If you need any helps, Don’t hesitate to contact any of us. Good luck
Hi to the OpenMRS mentors. I’m very interested in OpenMRS because I have always had an interest in the ways that Computer Science can help the healthcare industry.
- OpenMRS came to be as a way to help treat HIV in Africa
- I have never participated in Google Code-In before.
- I expect to learn more about collaborating in an open source community and further develop my programming skills.
I’m interested in OpenMRS becouse my dream is to help doctors in future with cancer treatment using AI and other diseases.
- For me it’s important to work for open source projects becouse we are improving the programming world(and not only this one) then!
- No, this is my first GCI.
- Amazing tasks, good atmosphere and great people!
Hi OpenMRS mentors!
My name is Mikolaj.
- OpenMRS started developing a treatment unit as a response to Ebola epidemy in 2014
- Yes, I have participated in Google Code-in last year. Mainly in the SCoRE organization.
- Balanced difficulty and interesting tasks, nice mentors, fun
Welcome @iperez, @serekkiri, @anuar2k and @miko
Greetings from OpenMRS!
Hi, I’m Lana and I’m so excited to start my GCI experience!
Actually, I’ve been waiting for this day since summer. For me the most impressing thing about GCI is that it is 9 years old, and it doesn’t just ‘exist’ but grows every time. Speaking about OpenMRS, I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that map with the places where the platform works. OpenMRS isn’t just something in the air and on GitHub, it’s the real platform which is needed.
This GCI is my very first and, unfortunately, last one as I won’t be eligible next year. At least as a participant
I chose OpenMRS because of the impact it has. I expect the feelings of being a part of something big even by doing something small. Also, I love its internationalism. We live on different continents and speak different languages but all of us are united under the same aim. I hope to gain much knowledge and experience during my journey with OpenMRS. And hopefully, it won’t end even after the middle of December.
Welcome to the OpenMRS community.
openmrs community is glad to have you on board.
1). I found out that Open MRS is an open source code sharing network, and that Google Code-in has sooo many opportunities to code in.
2). Nope. I actually found this today while looking for things to program.
3). I have no idea. This is my first time hearing about this.
Welcome to openmrs we look forward for your contribution.
Thanks. I was wondering how to submit my Gist into the actual dashboard where people grade my code. I have it as a .zip, but I was wondering what format I should put it in.
you can sent it like that.
Helloooooooo! I’m very happy to participate in GCI this year to further develop my skills as a programmer and my personality as a person.
The Google Code-in tasks are very diverse. There’s everything from coding in different languages to testing out sites!
This is my first time participating in Google Code-in.
I expect OpenMRS to be a fast way to contact mentors and get help.
Hi @adamz and @mpanda
Welcome to OpenMRS Community. If you need any helps, don’t hesitate to contact any of us. Good luck for your works