Google Code-in 2018 Student and Mentor meet and greet

Welcome to the community and we look forward for your contribution.

• One of the interesting facts about OpenMRS is that many governments are officially implementing the OpenMRS project in their medical systems.

• This is my first year participating in GCI but unfortunately, itā€™s also the last :sweat: But I will make sure to continue my journey with OpenMRS in GSoC 2019

• I only expect that I can learn as much as possible about OpenMRS and Open source development through the tasks in GCI so I can advance my experience as a student developer

Glad to have you in this community and we look forward for your contribution.

@qasimk313 for the coming years, you can still participate in GCI as a mentor. :smile:

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m Meghan and this is my second year of GCI, excited to contribute in the openMRS community :slight_smile:

1. GCI gave me opportunity to discover and work in an open-source project/organization and iā€™m thankful for that :joy: OpenMRS has an interesting concept of health care software, plus the platform is actually up and working which is pretty cool.

2. Yeah, Mainly worked for Fossasia last year.

3. To take a part in the development of openMRS, even though Iā€™m just a small part. Also Iā€™m eager to learn more about open source project and programming in depth. Hope itā€™s gonna be fun.

To All the OpenMRS mentors, Heyyy!! Iā€™m Saurabh from India, Iā€™m an efficient learner and a humble student!

1. GCI is one of the most important and interesting competitions for me! In this competition, huge international organizations like OpenMRS, Drupal and a lot more present tasks to Make Us Learn in an easy way.
  2. Iā€™ve been participating in GCI since last year. I have completed tasks for OpenWisp, MetaBrainz Foundation, Drupal & Librehealth
  3. I expect OpenMRS to carry forward with their goal and motive on how can Computer Science help the Healthcare & Medical Factors!
  1. Google code-in sprung off from Google Highly Open Participation Contest

OpenMRS started in 2004

2. Yes, half of last yearā€™s contest. I could only work with Zulip

3. I only want you guys to be succesful in what you are trying to achieve

Hi everyone, Iā€™m Eileen and Iā€™m so excited to be joining OpenMRS this year!

1. I found out that Open MRS uses technology to help real people around the world. Iā€™ve always loved coding and was trying to find a way to use what Iā€™ve learned in the real world to help others, and this is the perfect way for me to do so!
  2. This is my second year participating in Google Code-in. Last year, I was with MetaBrainz Foundation.
  3. I am relatively new to open-source programming and hope to be introduced to it in a friendly and collaborative environment.

@p10yp1t1, @saurabhbansal0412, @risky.case and @eileeny welcome to openmrs and we look forward for your contribution.

Hi, I am interested to see that google code-in has so many wonderful mentors that check your code and help you to find the solution. This is my first year participating in google code-in. I personally expect OpenMRS to be a place where I can ask for help to guide me to find the solutions for problems.

Hi too hope all is well. Is there any problem? have you raised your issue and no one has helped you? if so sorry about it but I suppose someone has done it or is about to do it. The mentors are doing their level best to ensure your work is reviewed and they have a lot on the table kindly bear with them. The maximum period of time is 36hour after submission is your work beyond that?

No, my work was reviewed before 36 hours passed. However, I appreciate you asking me! Thanks

Hello everyone. I am excited to meet you all.

1. I really liked Google Code-in because students who are passionate about technology can get  
       open source projects through great company like Google and one can improve their skills through an open source community like OpenMRS. Also people who do not have much technical knowledge can 
       complete the tasks in Google Code-in.
   2. No, I had not participated in Google Code-in previously. This is the first time that I participate 
       in Google Code-in.
   3.  I expect that OpenMRS will help me in improving my skills and learn more about open source 
         community.

Welcome to the community we wish you the best.

Hello to the OpenMRS community and mentors. i choose OpenMRS because its an organization that saves lives with code, and it has also help save many lives especially in the developing countries. really proud and wanna contribute to this open source platform and by doing so Iā€™ll enhance my programming skills.

1.It has help save many lives in the developing countries with it facilities 2.Yeah, i worked for JBoss community & OpenMRS. 3. I expect to learn more about open source development from this community and also write codes that saves live. Thanks

Welcome to openmrs we look forward for your contribution.

Hello everyone :slight_smile: I am Aryu. I get to know about OpenMRS through Goocgle code in event. Honestly, I didnā€™t knew about OpenMRS before. I took a project relating to java inheritance few weeks back and thatā€™s how I joined the community. Later when I took more and more tasks about OpenMRS I get to know more about it. Indeed the tagline ā€œWrite Code Save Lifeā€ attracts me the most. Earlier I used to think coding for me only means game development, app development, etc. But, I never thought how coding can save lives and I searched about OpenMRS read many articles also about Implementerā€™s Conference. And yeah, at last it changed my thinking coding not only restricts to games, apps, etc it has a way beyond that.

Yes, I participated in GCI last year with Jboss community but I was not able to keep in track since I lost my grandfather back then.

To be honest, OpenMRS has changed my thinking till now and I believe it will indeed change the thinking of several other coders world wide, thatā€™s what I expect from this community.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Great to have you in this community. Sorry for what happened last year we wish you success.

Thank you, Iā€™ll definitely contribute to this community and try to do my best.

1 Like

hello to the OPENMRS Mentors , i m axel blaze and would like to introduce myself to you a organisation working for welfare of people suffering from diseases.

1. it help me honing up my skills in terms of technology and IT

2)NO

1. to keep on helping people like this itā€™s best