Google Code-in 2018 Student and Mentor meet and greet

Hello to all fellow mates and all GCi mentors present here.

1. The most interesting things I found out were how efficient this MRS system is in spreading awareness about diseases like Ebola etc. and helping in treating them!

2. No, this is my first time partcipating in Google Code-in.

3. I hope to meet new talented people from whom I can learn about OpenMRS and other things. Also I expect to contribute in these open source communities so that I can also do some greater good for people and through these side by side improve my programming skills.

Thank you. :grinning:

Welcome @vinayakgajjewar @mehrsachal @kevinx @keshavbhatia747!

Greetings from OpenMRS! :smiley:

Have fun in GCI and feel free to reach out mentors for any help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will do! Thanks!

1 Like

Thank You! :grin:

1 Like
  1. The OpenMRS works relentlessly to provide assistance in healthcare and treatment in resource constrained environments. Google Code-in has grown by a large extent since the past 2 years and the amount of interest students have developed is tremendous.
  2. Yes,this is my second year in GCI. The previous year too my organisation was OpenMRS.
  3. I learnt a lot during the GCI period last year. I look forward to learn even more about OpenMRS, by working on tasks from various category which gives me a holistic idea about the software.

Hello! I’m Adrian.

1. I think the most beautiful thing about GCI is that it’s all about open-source. My experience with open-source is Tensorflow. I am interested in machine learning and deep learning. I think that’s why I got attracted with OpenMRS. I have always loved seeing the relationships of data, especially in the field of healthcare.

2. I have not yet participated in GCI.

3. I expect OpenMRS will provide us the opportunity to develop our coding skills, research and understanding of open source projects.

I look forward to working with the mentors, and to the other participants. Cheers! :smiley:

1. Google code in helps me to know about my skills.
  2. This is my second year in GCI . I had earlier participated in GCI 2017. 3)open mrs will help me to learn new things.

Hi everybody , glad to participate this year with OpenMRS :smile:

1. I recently got to know about OpenMRS and was glad about it , OpenMRS is an organisation who uses coding and computing for the betterment for the lives of others. this fact alone really grabbed my attention in you.

2. yes, Github and python.

3. I’m gald to participate in GCI this year , I claimed and completed only OpenMRS tasks because they are interesting and gave beginners like me a chance to participate in something big , till now it was really interesting to complete these tasks , like making a google survey and according to that we have to make pie charts. It is seriously fun and exciting. I expect the best from OpenMRS and plan to complete your given tasks next year also. :blush:

Hello everyone!

My name is Prince Kumar I am new to the open source community. I am a school student.

1. Google Code-in is a unique program of introducing students to the open source community. Last year around 3,000 t-shirts were given. Isn’t it amazing. OpenMRS is one of its kind unique organization.

2. I didn’t participate earlier in GCI but my brother did and he got a T-shirt also. I am inspired from him.

3. I am expecting a great GCI with OpenMRS with great support and great mentors.

Welcome feel free to ask for help when need arise.

Q.1. What the OpenMRS ID could be used for? A.1. I am new to the open source world and I am amazed by signing up and using this ID for deeply engrossing into this open source community. I could contribute to this community by this ID.

Q. 2. The benefits of OpenMRS talk forums. A. 2. I could interact with other open source community with this forum and also post my ideas on it.

Hello! I am excited to work on the tasks provided by OpenMRS for this year’s Google Code-In Competition.

1.) Google Code-In was started in 2010.

2.) no I haven’t participated in google code-in before

3.) I expect the entire board of mentors at OpenMRS to dedicatedly help me and other participants with their tasks at Google Code-In 2018

Welcome to the community @princekr3103 and @aakarsh :smiley:

Feel free to reach out mentors for any assistance! :slight_smile:

Hello everyone,

1. I learnt that even coding can save lives and create change in the world, all thanks to OpenMRS!
  2. No, this is my first time.
  3. I expect to further my programming skills and learn more about healthcare services like OpenMRS.

Hello! I’m Satvik Shrivastava. I am very excited for Google Code-in 2018!

1) What are interesting facts about Google Code-in and/or OpenMRS which you found so far? Interesting fact about Google Code-in is that how it promotes open source. Students from all around the world learn, contribute and get a better understanding about open source through GCI.

Interesting fact about OpenMRS is it’s approach towards healthcare through technology.
People around the world have worked together on OpenMRS to develop the world’s leading open source enterprise electronic medical record system platform.

2) Did you participate in Google Code-in during the previous years? If yes, what are those Orgs? Yes, I participated last year. I worked with CCExtractor and did few projects for OpenMRS.

3) What do you expect from OpenMRS? All I expect from OpenMRS is that I learn more about open source environment, gain experience and opportunities.

Thank you.

Welcome @araniray and @satvikshri to OpenMRS community!

Have fun in GCI with OpenMRS! :smiley:

Greetings from OpenMRS :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, 1.I think that even it’s a small contribution, being able to help people with OpenMRS is fascinating. 2.No, this is the first time I have ever participated in Google Code-in. 3. To motivate myself to work harder and improve my coding skills.

1 Like

Q.1. What the OpenMRS ID could be used for? A.1. I am new to the open source world and I am amazed by signing up and using this ID for deeply engrossing into this open source community. I could contribute to this community by this ID.

Q. 2. The benefits of OpenMRS talk forums. A. 2. I could interact with other open source community with this forum and also post my ideas on it. assignment

Hello everybody! :blush: My name is Alina and I am really happy to join this you.

1. I think that GCI gives me the opportunity to find out about open source projects like OpenMRS
  2. I didn’t. 3.I expect to develop my programming skills by working on different tasks .

I have submitted my work for " Create a flow chart for the given task". Please review it quickly, so that I can work on other projects too.