Google Code-in 2017 Student and Mentor meet and greet

Hey Everyone,

I’m Conor, a secondary school pupil in Scotland. I found out about this competition not long ago, in fact, one day into the competition I found out about it. I like openMRS as there is a wide range of opportunities for different programming languages and it is a good cause/reason. I like GCI as it allows me to work with awesome open source initiatives such as yourselves, and allows me to gain valuable practical programming knowledge. As I have mentioned, I only just found out about it, so I have never done it before. I enjoy PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, Python 2/3 & .net. and wouldn’t mind throwing a few more into the mix. In my free time, I also enjoy playing video games.

4 Likes

Hi!

My name is Bartłomiej and as you can see I’m from Poland :smiley: I’m 17 years old Java/Android Developer and this is my first time participating in Google CodeIn. I’m really interested in working for Open Source organizations so I’m excited about contest!

I’ve been also a team leader of developers group called Infinite Future. One of it’s members is attending GCI too!

Have a good day, all of you who are reading this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello All… My name is Andi Alifsyah and I’ come from Kendari, Indonesia. I’ve got so many lesson since i join GCI-2017, especiallu some knowledge of Open Source and also i’ve know one of it, OpenMRS. OpenMRS is an Marvelous Open-Source oganization with so many services and features that provided by. Thanks to OpenMRS and GCI-2017, i’ve learnt so many things and meet many friends arround he world who has same interesting with me. This mt first time in GCI, so i didn’t join GCI in the previous year… I’m interest on computer and multimedia things, like Coding, Designing, Visualizing, Audio Editing, etc…

Looking Forward to work and learn with you all :smiley:

3 Likes

My name is John and I am currently majoring in 3 core subjects such as Computer Science, Maths and Physics as a highschool student in Mauritius. What i find interesting about the Google Code-in is the fact that you’re doing these tasks not only for the sake of winning prizes but also on creating purpose on doing that. Moreover it would be my ultimate pleasure to be of help in the future for the OpenMRS and in providing suggestions of what can be done for further imporvement.etc. I was first introduced to the GCI in an event called Mohack which was held at one of the local school during the Summer Holiday. Haven’t participated in GCI before, it’s my first time and i find myself learning a lot from all of this. As of my interest i’ve always been enthusiastic in pretty much anything that requires programming being Real world situations, robotics[Just started to get my hands into it] , Python Web development projects/ graphics and playing the piano. With all that said the OpenMRS is something new to me and i wish to get my hands dirty ASAP!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, My name is Said Yaka and I’m a Junior In high school. I live in the beautiful state of New Jersey in the United States. Google Code In helps me further my skills in coding, design, outreach and collaboration, I love how I can do the things I love(code and design) and be helpful to people, and literally “Write Code, Save Lives”. I love what OpenMRS stands for and it being open source, which allows many developers from all around the world to be a part of their large community. This is my first year in Google Code In, and so far it’s been amazing. I enjoy spending my days making apps on swift, making robots for competitions and coding them, and playing tennis! Looking forward to getting to know and work with all of you! :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Ploypiti from Thailand, I’m grade 9 Homeschool student. GCI gives me a chance to try new things, I don’t code often so this is the first time my code becomes actually usable–I love meeting new people and make friends, and I got to know lots of organizations and what do they do, which is very inspirational

This is my first time participating in GCI since I just turned 13 this years, sometime it’s discouraging thinking other participants are older and more talented, but at least I will get hands-on experience about coding and other skills. I think GCI is a great opportunity! :v:

I’m interested coding (mostly Python), my first time coding was making a no-point-at-all animation about flying dinosaur and falling stars using JavaScript. I also like Web Design, Graphic Design, Literature, Harry Potter, Music and enjoy Rollerblading and reading. Currently, I’m an admin at Fandomunity and Atomic Act of Kindness project (developing).

Looking forward to an amazing year of GCI! :tada:

5 Likes

Hello,

I am Ernus from Singapore. I am currently a secondary school student in Dunman High School. I have participated in Google Code-In in 2015 and 2016. I am keen to participate in Google Code-In, I feel that GCI is a interesting way to bring people together from all different parts of the world to participate in a competition that is rewarding to do. Open Source is a fairly new thing to me and I hope that I get to learn more from my experience participating in Google Code-In. My interests are playing video games and watching movies. :smile:

Thank you,

Ernus

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I am Soham Moghe from India . I have always loved taking part in google code in. This is my second year in Google Code In and also second time with OpenMRS! I have always wished to help people in terms of medical field so that is the reason why I have joined OpenMRS. It has been a great journey so far! I am interested in technological stuff and playing squash! Looking forward to another great year with OpenMRS And Google Code In!

3 Likes

Hi guys!

My name is Tomasz Domagała and I’m from Poland, Kielce :slight_smile: I’m high school student interested in coding and stuff ;’) This is my first time taking part in GCI. I’m really excited about working with pros and being part of OpenMRS community!

Have a nice day!

4 Likes

heyy guys im a student and technology enthusiast from kochi,india openMRS is an excellent platform for students like me allows to make global contacts & enhance my very skills laedership and collaboration gratitude to the contributors !!! im really exicted to be here and looking forward for everyones support and cooperation available @ajish

3 Likes

Hey Y’all! I’m a high school senior from Hyderabad, India and this is my first time participating in GCI (about 3/4th way through mitX’s into to CS course). I hope that by taking part in this year’s GCI with OpenMRS will enable me to aid in helping society.

In my free time, I usually play basketball or CSGO and I’ve recently begun work on a horror RPG game that I hope to complete by the middle of next year.

I’m looking forward to working with the rest of you!

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!

I am Himanshu Kumar. I am from India. Google Code-in is just wow! A wonderful opportunity for students to learn new things and also get Tees. OpenMRS is a wonderful community to interact with different people around the globe. This is my first time participation in Google Code-in. My interests includes Science and Technology.

Thanks and Regards Himanshu Kumar

3 Likes

Hello, I’m Nikhilesh, from India I have learnt a lot of new things from Google Code-in and started doing things and programs I would have never found if I didn’t start Google Code-In I have never participated in google Code-in before this and this is my first time. I am interested in learning and also love technology and coding and all things you can achieve from it. Thank you for such and amazing opportunity

2 Likes

Hi all!

I am Jeril Monzi Jacob from Kerala, India and a student of Mar Thoma Senior Secondary School, Kzy. I opted for Computer Science at my school since I love the concept of programming and also gaming. Yup, I am a gamer to the heart and a tech-lover! I have learnt some C++ but I would like to extend my grasp over to other programming languages soon.

I like the idea of GCI and I think it helps us new to the world of technology have a smooth start. I also love the idea of tasks and assignments so that’s a big YES from my part! As this is the first time here at GCI, I hope to meet other people of the same interests and gain new friends!

As I said, I love gaming and coding and all the stuff in it. The feel you get when you design your own code and see it functioning well is indescribable and I am sure you all know that as well! :smiley:

I hope we all get to be friends here! Cheers! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Soumitra From India. I Like The Concept Of Open-Source Software, So I Joined GCI To Have Experience In Working With Open-Source Software. This Is My First Year In GCI, and I’m Excited To Be Here! I’m Interested In JavaScript And C++ Programming.

2 Likes

I’m from California. I am interested in coding and computer science. This is my first time participating. I play piano, tennis and I like to write.

4 Likes

Hello everyone!I’m sanjith and I’m from India. This year iam participating in Google Code-In.GCI has given me the opportunity to work with people across the world.I love to work on open source. OPENMRS has given me the opportunity to contribute to the society as well as gain more knowledge on coding.iam very much interested in computers and i also love to learn and write codes.

I’m very much happy that i am a GCI participant

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

My name is Abhiram and im from india.This is the first time i am participating in Google code-in.Google code-in has given me an oppurtuinity to understand different languages and also about open source.I am really interested in creating games.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

My name is Sravith Gurram, and I am a high school Freshman in the USA. This is my first time participating in GCI, and so far, I love it. I can learn the basics and advanced concepts of the Tech World. Some of my interests are smartphones, computers, and all tech in general. I like the hardware side of tech, and am not so knowledged in the software side.

I am really looking forward to the experiences GCI will give me.

2 Likes

Hey Guys!

I’m Jyothsna from India. This is my first experience with Google Code-In as well as Open Source development. I was always interested in computers and programming since childhood and this is a great platform to enhance my skills. I chose OpenMRS as I instantly connected with its motive “Write Code Save Lives”. It gives me a chance to improve one of the most robust Electronic Medical Record Systems. Hope that I will learn a lot through this competition and wonderful journey. Looking forward to a great experience with OpenMRS and GCI.

Regards,

Jyothsna Ashok

2 Likes