Bahmni PAT call on 10-May-2023

Hello Everyone,

[Reminder] We have PAT call happening at 6:30 pm IST, 1 pm UTC on Wednesday 10th May 2023. See your timezone here: Your timezone

Zoom meeting: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Please provide any topic you would like to discuss in this thread.

Bahmni support for Open Global Standards like FHIR, SNOMED CT, HL7, ICD10, DICOM, etc – brief walkthrough: https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BAH/pages/3176333313/Bahmni+support+for+Open+Global+Standards+Interoperability+OpenHIE+-+2023+Roadmap

We would like to spend 20 mins walking through the above document, that covers Bahmni (and OpenMRS) support for Open Global Standards. Anyone who is interested is welcome to attend, and provide feedback / suggestions. Thanks!

(We will record this session, and share online for those who aren’t able to attend).

@angshuonline @satishk @vijayontheweb @akhilmalhotra @akanter

#fhir #snomed #icd10

Discuss the process / thoughts on how Bahmni strings/messages get translated. Context: Bahmni translation to non-English language

cc: @dev11

1 Like

We want to discuss about Rule based medication dosage calculation. We have this feature available in Bahmni for order sets but not for the medication orders. We have a requirement is to extend the functionality to medication orders.

@abhinab @akhilmalhotra

Hi Team, We would like to know if there is any update on this talk thread https://talk.openmrs.org/t/displaying-a-prescribed-medicines-in-default-medication-display-control/39518/3

I don’t think the core team has prioritised this. If you have bandwidth, you can pick it up. Happy to discuss this in PAT Call.

I hate that I don’t get these notifications until it is too late :frowning: I definitely would like to see the recording, thanks!!

1 Like

We were UNABLE to cover the SNOMED/FHIR stuff this week, so will be covered first, in next week PAT call which is on 17-May.

Notes for today:

PAT Call Notes: PAT Call 10-May-2023 - Google Docs

Hello Bahmni Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I recently came across the discussion you had during your Zoom meeting, where you addressed the process and thoughts on translating Bahmni strings/messages to non-English languages. I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude for your dedication to making Bahmni more accessible to users who speak other languages.

Your efforts in considering translation strategies demonstrate your commitment to providing an inclusive platform for users worldwide. As someone who is invested in this topic, I truly appreciate your initiative to make Bahmni a more diverse and welcoming environment for everyone.

Thank you once again for your hard work, and please know that your efforts are genuinely appreciated by the community. I look forward to seeing the continued growth and development of the Bahmni platform, and I’m excited to see the positive impact it will have on global healthcare.

Warm regards,

Mayo Brahim

cc: @gsluthra , @angshuonline , @satishk, @vijayontheweb, @kiranravipati, @ritesh, @soorya, @ketan, @thomasrod, @abhinab, @ Siva, @sanofersameera, @kavitha11, @manimaran, @parvathy, @rahul, @arjun, @umair, @dkayiwa, @akanter

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the kind words @dev11 (Mayo).

As mentioned in the PAT call notes, we would like to merge the latest French translations into Bahmni before we do the LITE release. And, also copy over the latest strings into Transifex, so those can be translated and re-released as an update later.

Please do mention any thoughts/suggestions/tasks on French translations in this JIRA card: [BAH-2348] - Bahmni - JIRA

1 Like

Hello Gurpreet,

Thank you for your guidance and support throughout this process. I am committed to ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the French translations for Bahmni.

I understand the plan to merge the latest translations into Bahmni before the LITE release, and I am also aware of the necessity to transfer the latest strings into Transifex for further translation and subsequent updates.

I will make sure to add any thoughts, suggestions, or tasks related to French translations to the JIRA card [BAH-2348].

If there are any specific areas that need special attention or if you have any recommendations for the translation process, please do let me know.

Once again, thank you for your support and guidance.

Best regards, Mayo

1 Like

Also, a reminder that if concepts need French translations to let me know. MSF, Cote d’ivoire and Haiti need them as well.

1 Like

PR for french raised by @sanofersameera . Please have a look @dev11 and you can ping her on slack for comments/suggestions: BAH-2348 | Pulling in translations for spanish, french and portuguese by SanoferSameera · Pull Request #566 · Bahmni/openmrs-module-bahmniapps · GitHub